Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-18-2008, 09:37 AM   #701
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
there are alot of guys who only played 1 year for a certain franchise.

I think the oly rule change I would have made was maybe you could pick a guy if he only played one year for a certain team.

I thought about either that, or coming up with a rule that says any team a guy goes to after the age of 32 or so isn't counted.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 09:55 AM   #702
MikeVic
Head Coach

So the draft is done right? I think there's one guy left I can't believe wasn't picked, and Fidatelo knows who I'm talking about.
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 09:55 AM   #703
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

The draft is over
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 09:57 AM   #704
MikeVic
Head Coach

Jean Beliveau as leader/captain?

http://www.legendsofhockey.net:8080/...io&list=#photo
Old 03-18-2008, 10:02 AM   #705
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVic View Post

I blame Patrick Roy.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 10:08 AM   #706
MikeVic
Head Coach

This draft seemed hard, to fill needs with quality players while keeping track of teams they played for too.
Old 03-18-2008, 10:23 AM   #707
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
This draft seemed hard, to fill needs with quality players while keeping track of teams they played for too.

I would say it was challenging more than it was hard.

It was pretty easy to keep track of players and who they played for. I printed out a list of the current standings. Before I made my pick I'd look up a player on the Internet Hockey Database, if I could draft him I would, and then I'd scratch the teams off my list.

If I had more time, I probably could have used more strategy by looking to see which players, if any, were ruled out based on other folks' prior picks. Unfortunately, I did not have the time.

At first I was really against the rule, but I think it made for a much more interesting and intriguing draft.

I can't say I am disappointed with my top line of Cam Neely-Sidney Crosby-Kovalchuk. Having Clarke, Playfair, and Boogaard around to crash bang and injure is nice. The blueline is more than secure with Pronger and Red Kelly back there. And I have the greatest goalie (in his mind) ever in Patrick Roy.

Victory.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 10:37 AM   #708
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
I can't say I am disappointed with my top line of Cam Neely-Sidney Crosby-Kovalchuk. Having Clarke, Playfair, and Boogaard around to crash bang and injure is nice. The blueline is more than secure with Pronger and Red Kelly back there. And I have the greatest goalie (in his mind) ever in Patrick Roy.

Victory.

Looking at the rosters, I think you have a better shot than most. Lathum would have been my choice except for the Heatley pick (and to an extent Kyle McLaren).
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 10:37 AM   #709
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
Jean Beliveau as leader/captain?
The Habs have had so many great players that it was inevitable that a few would get missed. In addition to Harvey and Beliveau, we also skipped Mahavolich and six-time Vezina winner Bill Durnan.
Old 03-18-2008, 10:39 AM   #710
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Pocket Rocket also didn't make it. 11 Cups and 1000 points? Wow.
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Old 03-18-2008, 10:43 AM   #711
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidatelo View Post
Looking at the rosters, I think you have a better shot than most. Lathum would have been my choice except for the Heatley pick (and to an extent Kyle McLaren).

what could I do? I wasn't the only one to squeeze a player in.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 10:56 AM   #712
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
what could I do? I wasn't the only one to squeeze a player in.

The other option was to pick a less-known but realistic power forward. I'm not saying you made the wrong choice overall, but it did cost you my vote. Sorry.
Old 03-18-2008, 01:16 PM   #713
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple Leafs View Post
The Habs have had so many great players that it was inevitable that a few would get missed. In addition to Harvey and Beliveau, we also skipped Mahavolich and six-time Vezina winner Bill Durnan.

That's what it came down to. I had Henri on my short list, but so many greats on the Candians, had to figure out where i needed help most.
Suburban Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 01:24 PM   #714
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsak16 View Post
With the final pick of the draft...Johnny93g selects..

10.12 Colin White, NJ- Heavy hitter
We start with Bobby Orr and finish off with Bundle-Dick. Great. Just great.

Last edited by Pumpy Tudors : 03-18-2008 at 01:24 PM.
Pumpy Tudors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 04:35 PM   #715
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Welp after doing my initial scoring I have myself in the top 3. Not at no. 1 though.

I may lower my score as I try to fight the bias.

Fire Ron Lee.
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote