Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-13-2008, 06:11 PM   #1
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Woohoo! The chase is on!

My story for the day. I went out to do a bunch of BPO pictures (Broker Price Opinion, done for houses before/in/after foreclosure or for refinances mostly. Most are drive-by and just need a few exterior pics.) and in the middle of them went to do two in south Pharr, the closest you get to a ghetto down here. First one gets done and I head to the second. I pull up and two cars are parked right in front on the street. I go down and turn around, get my street pic, then pull closer to the subject house. Because of the two cars I pull up short of the house and get a pic from an angle. I then have to get a shot of the address and pull up more to get a shot between the two parked vehicles.

At this point the black Chevy Tahoe with blacked out windows pulls up a little and stops. No big deal, I get my shot and start to drive away. The guy follows me. I drive normal heading in the direction of the next house I need to do while watching him in the mirrors. He keeps with me for about 4 miles. I get near my next house and pass the neighborhood to see if I can lose the guy now, having decided a face to face meeting is not in my best interest with any kind of weapon in the trunk and not knowing who is in the vehicle. On a four lane street I come up to a stop sign in the right lane with a gas station to my right at the intersection. He starts to pull up on my left. I then gun my right hand turn and he guns it as he cuts off traffic and crosses from the left lane to follow. I knew it was on. A quick right into the gas station, hammer down through the front of it to the exit back onto the main road I had just turned off of, and turn right back to the stop sign doing a circle. I hit the stop and gun the car before he is even getting back out of the gas station. He tries to keep up as I head down the road but I finally had the lead I needed to lose him in a couple of turns.

I stopped at a DQ and got the steal pipe out of the trunk just incase. Didn't see him again though.

I must say it was kind of fun since no one got hurt. I haven't been in a car chase since I was in high school.

Overall it was an odd day. BPOs have been slow for a couple of weeks and we got slammed with them today, getting 8 or 9 due by tomorrow. I went out and got pictures for about 10 houses today, and over half the houses had people outside or come outside when I was there. Makes things interesting.

Last edited by Cringer : 03-13-2008 at 06:11 PM.
Cringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 06:17 PM   #2
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

ummm

why was he following you?
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 06:22 PM   #3
DanGarion
Coordinator

Next time just call the cops on his ass. Let the law sort him out.
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 06:26 PM   #4
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
ummm

why was he following you?

Because I am sexy was my guess.

Or because he lived in the house I was taking pictures of, or knew the people who did, and didn't like me taking pictures. It's a bad area. It's gang land basically. My wife has had stuff thrown at her while there, and last month I had a little problem with a guy in his car. They don't like me I thinks.
Old 03-13-2008, 06:30 PM   #5
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

I thought this thread was about NASCAR.
Old 03-13-2008, 06:33 PM   #6
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangarion View Post
Next time just call the cops on his ass. Let the law sort him out.

Could have worked, but my phone died 30 minutes earlier because I forgot to charge it last night. Trying to lose the guy was fun though.
Old 03-13-2008, 06:38 PM   #7
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cringer View Post
Because I am sexy was my guess.

Or because he lived in the house I was taking pictures of, or knew the people who did, and didn't like me taking pictures. It's a bad area. It's gang land basically. My wife has had stuff thrown at her while there, and last month I had a little problem with a guy in his car. They don't like me I thinks.

I think he wanted you...knew your trucker call sign and wanted to be your lot bunny!
Old 03-13-2008, 06:43 PM   #8
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Exactly. I have been able to jog 4-5 times a week now, the guys are literally chasing me around town.
Old 03-13-2008, 06:44 PM   #9
korme
Go Reds

Hello Candy Cane
korme is offline   Reply With Quote