Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-01-2003, 04:05 PM   #1
TredWel
High School Varsity

Volunteers needed for online sim design

Crazy idea #704 here.

One of the games that I've always wanted to design is a tennis text sim. With the advent of Hattrick, the massively-multiplayer online text sim is reaching new highs. I think that a well-designed tennis sim, where players would manage tennis pros on the tour would be fun, and possibly even popular. I know that sabotai has mentioned this idea in the past, and I'm willing to work towards it.

Here's the catch: I'm looking for volunteers in two different categories. The first, and most important, are people who would simply want to play this game. I want to know what you would want this game to do. I want to know what the customers want, and make the game to meet their expectations. You don't need any sort of technical knowledge, you just need to know what makes a good text sim in your opinion.

Secondly, if you have any technical expertise, anywhere from web design or graphic design to "took a semester of COBOL", and want to volunteer to take up any part of the work for this project, I would be more than happy to have you aboard and would be sure that we could find something for you to do.

PM me if you want to help out.

TredWel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 04:19 PM   #2
vtbub
College Starter

I'd be interested

email me at [email protected]

vtbub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 04:22 PM   #3
3ric
College Starter

PM sent.
Old 07-01-2003, 04:28 PM   #4
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

I can't really be much help, but I have one wacky idea to throw out.

One thing you could do to make your text sim "unique" would be to allow people to sign up as one of two types of gamer--a manager or a player.

Managers would have to recuit players in order to build a stable and get successful. Players would have to hook up with managers in order to receive proper training, endorsements, etc. Such a system would facilitate a lot of interaction among the gamers and could really allow for a "real world" aspect to it.

Of course, the big problem with such a system is that the success of any one gamer will depend on those with whom he is associated (the manager and the other players in the stable) also playing hard. It could be a problem when an otherwise dedicated player has to suffer because his "manager" has to take a month off to study for the bar exam.

Still, an idea to bandy about (since that appears to be the stage at which you find yourself).
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 04:32 PM   #5
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

This doesn't really nab my interest as much, and I don't have the time to get heavily involved, but I am a professional web developer, so if this gets off the ground, and you run into any technical problems, feel free to buzz me and I will see if I can't say 'this is the problem.'
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote