Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-30-2003, 10:01 AM   #1
Celeval
Pro Starter

CM4: EP4 Update

From the SIGames boards:

"As promised, we are working on having EP4 released TODAY. At this stage, we do not have a release time however we envisage that it will not be available to download for at least 3 hours+ (subject to mirror sites uploading it)"

This at 11am, EST. So things look good for me when I get home from work. :-D

Kevin

Celeval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2003, 10:44 AM   #2
bbor
Pro Starter

G/L finding a site to D/L it on..they will prolly all crash within 20 minutes of the patch being uploaded.

Now that I've cracked and made that admission, I wonder if I'm only a couple of steps away from wanting to tongue-kiss Jaromir Jagr and give Bobby Clarke a blowjob.
bbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2003, 11:12 AM   #3
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Heh - we've got friends with big server backbones .... our server will disappear within a few seconds but some of the big-sites will be able to handle the pressure (ever wondered why our patches mysteriously appear on neutral servers long before we upload them to sigames.com? - its to try and give our servers a fighting chance at survival ) ....
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2003, 11:24 AM   #4
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Italian Lower Leagues here I come!!
Old 06-30-2003, 12:17 PM   #5
SunDancer
College Benchwarmer

Super-lower leagues here I come. I was going to start a dynasty last night, but will look to a bigger non-lower leagues. I like France alot right now. Eagle, better have a dynasty report

Are other things that are not on the patch list being fixed as well, like the A-League and things such as Attendence of Eastern European leagues when a team rises through the ranks to supreme elite.
SunDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2003, 03:15 PM   #6
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

We've bounced into an obscure problem (basically only present in EP#4 if all leagues are ran using the original (ie. release) database).

We're working on it currently and hope to still get the patch out tonight ...

(looks like another night involving a healthy takeout )
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2003, 03:29 PM   #7
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally posted by Marc Vaughan
We've bounced into an obscure problem (basically only present in EP#4 if all leagues are ran using the original (ie. release) database).

WHAT?!?

You promised it would be out by the end of the month! I have had it! This game is going in the trash bin!

Oh wait! No, wait! Don't ban me...I'm just a devoted fan...I have a legitimate gripe!....NOOOOOOO!

Oh wait...I'm not in the CM forums, I'm at FOFC!

CR

P.S. All above is said with tongue firmly planted in cheek. Am wiating patiently and excitedly for EP4. Thank you.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2003, 03:30 PM   #8
superbama
H.S. Freshman Team

We...are....all.... gonna.......die.
Well probably not. Keep up the good work.
Waiting like a good boy,

Bama
superbama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2003, 03:52 PM   #9
WussGawd
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally posted by Marc Vaughan

No worries, here, Marc. I would be more concerned if you were trying to rush it out under these circumstances.

So, having never traveled further East than Mississippi, what regional/ethnic cuisines can be ordered out in Britain?

WussGawd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2003, 04:14 PM   #10
Sybot
n00b

I dl'd the demo and it looks interesting, I've looked at past CM's before but have not been too interested in any up till now.

Some of my aversion is I just don't understand soccer to well. All the leagues and stuff and how they interact with each other. Is there anywhere that I can get this kind of information that will help me to appreciate soccer more.

I used to play a game from wizard games called the soccer game 2. Which at the time was really fun (it was the game that hooked me on text sims and thus brought me here.)

But I've never found a game that was so simple yet offered many of the things. So do we have a newbie to soccer faq on CM. Also where does one go about buying CM in the first place. I guess I could call a friend in the UK.
Sybot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2003, 04:18 PM   #11
Easy Mac

you can get it at gogamer.com

and download Marc V.'s hints and tips from the CM website, should walk you through it verey well.

And I have plenty of SMG's (soccer management games) that I can send you that can get you ready for CM. Tehy are easier, but give you little bits and pieces of CM.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2003, 04:18 PM   #12
Critch
lolzcat

Marc

Remember that some of us are waiting for the patch in the US, so when it gets to like 3am your time, it's still only 9pm on the east coast, so you cant knock off and go home thinking nobody will be awake and waiting for the patch

(p.s. WussGawd, if you're in the UK, Indian food and "fish and chip" shops are great, Chinese isn't as good as here, and the pizzas are crappy (as bad as papa johns). Hope that helps)
Critch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2003, 04:23 PM   #13
Easy Mac

Wouldn't it be 10 on the East Coast? We're 5 hours back I think (or we used to be)
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2003, 04:47 PM   #14
Critch
lolzcat

Yeah, I think you're right. Don't know how I got that wrong, I have to take it into consideration when I phone my Mum and stuff.

I'll blame me getting it wrong on all these clocks going forwards and summertimes
Critch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2003, 07:09 PM   #15
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

The search for free transfers is really useless. I took over San Marino odf the Italian league and was looking for some free transfers. No luck whatsever.
Old 06-30-2003, 09:44 PM   #16
BFleming
H.S. Freshman Team

Have to disagree with Golden Eagle...My scouts are coming back with freebies...only problem is most suck....to be expected i guess playing as a lower league team...a couple of possible diamonds in the rough though...
BFleming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 07:14 AM   #17
Samdari
Roster Filler

They don't do daylight savings time Easy Mac. We are conveniently 4 hours behind in summer and 5 in winter.
Old 07-01-2003, 07:22 AM   #18
Tekneek
Pro Rookie

Britain does have BST (British Summer Time). They do daylight savings time.

What does not change though is GMT.
Tekneek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 07:22 AM   #19
Ryan S
Quarterback

Quote:
Originally posted by Samdari
They don't do daylight savings time Easy Mac. We are conveniently 4 hours behind in summer and 5 in winter.

We don't?

We are 5 hours ahead of you for most of the year. However, we put our clocks forward a week before you, so for just one week in the spring we are 6 hours ahead. Our clocks go back at the same time.
Ryan S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 10:32 AM   #20
WussGawd
College Benchwarmer

Britain does Summer Time (what we call, Daylight Savings Time). Here in Arizona, and I think Indiana, we don't waste their time setting clocks back and forth, so part of the time we're two hours behind Eastern Time and part of the time we're three hours behind Eastern Time.
Old 07-01-2003, 10:33 AM   #21
WussGawd
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally posted by Critch
Marc

Remember that some of us are waiting for the patch in the US, so when it gets to like 3am your time, it's still only 9pm on the east coast, so you cant knock off and go home thinking nobody will be awake and waiting for the patch

(p.s. WussGawd, if you're in the UK, Indian food and "fish and chip" shops are great, Chinese isn't as good as here, and the pizzas are crappy (as bad as papa johns). Hope that helps)

Hey, I kind of like Papa John's...can't stand Domino's though.

Hmm. Take out Tandoori Chicken. I could go for some of that from time to time.