Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-02-2008, 11:32 AM   #1
molson
General Manager

Dell Ripped me Off

I'm not someone who usually complains about customer service, but I'm out $100, and maybe I can spare someone else the same thing.

I bought a desktop pc from dell.com as part of an online holiday deal - good price, with a $100 gift card thrown in.

So a few weeks ago, I use the gift card to buy an ipod. I get the standard confirmation email. Now two weeks later, I check online and the order is simply "canceled". I just spent about an hour and half on the phone, being transfered to one Indian chick after another, each harder to understand than the last. Nobody can tell me why it was canceled. I think one of the Indian broads told me that the gift card was "refreshed", but of course - why would I have held on to a empty gift card? They won't give me the gift card #, so I'm just out the $100.

So, umm, hold on to your empty gift cards I guess.

Last edited by molson : 02-02-2008 at 11:33 AM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 12:19 PM   #2
Desnudo
Coordinator

Try calling back at different times of the day. You can often get an American or Canadian customer service rep during off hours.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 12:33 PM   #3
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
I'm not someone who usually complains about customer service, but I'm out $100, and maybe I can spare someone else the same thing.

I bought a desktop pc from dell.com as part of an online holiday deal - good price, with a $100 gift card thrown in.

So a few weeks ago, I use the gift card to buy an ipod. I get the standard confirmation email. Now two weeks later, I check online and the order is simply "canceled". I just spent about an hour and half on the phone, being transfered to one Indian chick after another, each harder to understand than the last. Nobody can tell me why it was canceled. I think one of the Indian broads told me that the gift card was "refreshed", but of course - why would I have held on to a empty gift card? They won't give me the gift card #, so I'm just out the $100.

So, umm, hold on to your empty gift cards I guess.

I'd tell you to check out the site The Consumerist, but they are bitches lately and they removed my comment access because I kept commenting they should stop posting pictures of pricing mistakes and get some more REAL articles. But they might be able to help you.
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote