Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-24-2008, 08:10 AM   #1
Bisbo
H.S. Freshman Team

Dan Snyder is an Idiot

He's at it again. Just as this Redskin team is starting to get the hang of Al Saunders' complicated offense, and the defense has come together again under Gregg Williams, and the team has a real sense of cohesion and unity after Sean Taylor's death, the boy genius is about to tear it all apart again by hiring Jim Fassel. Snyder should just stick to doing what he knows best - business (well, maybe he doesn't know much there either, as Six Flags' stock plummeted after he took control of the company). The Redskins will never - NEVER - succeed until Snyder realizes he is just a rich little fan-boy who is in way over his head, and hires a real football GM to run the operation. As a long term Redskins fan, it just kills me to see the harm he has wreaked on this once-proud organization. I sure hope the press has it wrong about Fassel, but I doubt it.

Bisbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 08:11 AM   #2
wade moore
lolzcat

I think signing Fassel would be a terrible move - I'm really hoping it doesn't happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 08:13 AM   #3
SteveMax58
College Starter

As a Giants fan I will just say I am glad to see the Redskins hire Fassel.
SteveMax58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 08:17 AM   #4
rkmsuf
Head Coach

don't kid yourself and think the redskins are going anywhere with greg williams and al saunders
Old 01-24-2008, 08:23 AM   #5
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkmsuf View Post
don't kid yourself and think the redskins are going anywhere with greg williams and al saunders
+1

Seriously, Greg Williams = Al Saunders = Jim Fassell = Shite.

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 09:09 AM   #6
Subby
lolzcat

f u haterz
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 09:11 AM   #7
Subby
lolzcat

Seriously - who gives a shit who is coaching the team? As long as you have Snyder and Cerrato running the front office, we (the fans, yo) will never see another championship. This is the same fucking braintrust that tried to build through RESTRICTED free agency a few years back. Hey...good move there!
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

Last edited by Subby : 01-24-2008 at 09:13 AM.
Old 01-24-2008, 09:21 AM   #8
Anthony
Banned

Fassel isn't so bad. how many coaches currently employed have taken their teams to the Super Bowl and are 2-time coaches of the year? seriously.

look at the complete garbage Atlanta had to hire to be their coach. *i* was about 2 rejections away from being called in for an interview.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 09:35 AM   #9
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Loved that Smith guy in Atlanta. "We want to win by running the ball and stopping the run."

Go for it. Fuck passing.
Old 01-24-2008, 09:42 AM   #10
Anthony
Banned

Quote:
Loved that Smith guy in Atlanta. "We want to win by running the ball and stopping the run."

Go for it. Fuck passing.

worked for Vick.
Old 01-24-2008, 09:43 AM   #11
Subby
lolzcat

Not sure the Falcons could have come up with a less inspiring hire.

Old 01-24-2008, 09:54 AM   #12
Anthony
Banned

they didn't have a choice. when you get turned down for the prom by the two prettiest girls in high school, if you really wanna go to it the next person you ask better be the chubby bookworm chick.
Old 01-24-2008, 09:56 AM   #13
Anthony
Banned

just saying, if you really wanted to rally the troops, Billick and Schottenheimer were waiting by their phone.
Old 01-24-2008, 10:10 AM   #14
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell Atlantic View Post
just saying, if you really wanted to rally the troops, Billick and Schottenheimer were waiting by their phone.

Yes, but unfortunately for the Falcons, I'm sure they both have caller ID.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 10:13 AM   #15
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Go for it. Fuck passing.

Worked for Jacksonville this year.

This may indicate that if the Falcons win the toss for #3, they're going McFadden.
Old 01-24-2008, 10:23 AM   #16
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
Worked for Jacksonville this year.

This may indicate that if the Falcons win the toss for #3, they're going McFadden.

No it didn't.
Old 01-24-2008, 10:39 AM   #17
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

I think going 11-5 in the AFC (2nd in rushing, 11th against the rush, btw) showed that it worked this year for Jacksonville .
Old 01-24-2008, 10:44 AM   #18
rkmsuf
Head Coach

as long as jax continues to play they way they do, they ensure this season is about their top

no offensive punch at all. great runners though except in the biggest game of the year that is.
Old 01-24-2008, 10:52 AM   #19
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
as long as jax continues to play they way they do, they ensure this season is about their top

no offensive punch at all. great runners though except in the biggest game of the year that is.

11-5 and in the playoffs.. wow, what a horrible year and stuff. It ain't like they got blown out by New England either.

How about another example, 2005 Pittsburgh Steelers, 5th rushing, 3rd against the run. 24th passing (and last in passing attempts). If you recall, they won their SuperBowl. And I think Maurice Jones-Drew has the same amount of "punch" as Fast Willie Parker did that year. Sure the Steelers had Hines Ward, but Jacksonville had more passing yards this year than Pittsburgh did in 2005.
Old 01-24-2008, 10:57 AM   #20
rkmsuf
Head Coach

would love to see a jax/atlanta superbowl

could have the game in buffalo
Old 01-24-2008, 10:58 AM   #21
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrymcg421 View Post
Yes, but unfortunately for the Falcons, I'm sure they both have caller ID.
LOL
Old 01-24-2008, 01:56 PM   #22
SteveMax58
College Starter

I'm just glad Atlanta will not be taking Spagnoulo away from the Giants. We have finally found a good replacement for John Fox, and I would hate to start over next year with a new D-Coordinator...again.
Old 01-24-2008, 02:54 PM   #23
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMax58 View Post
I'm just glad Atlanta will not be taking Spagnoulo away from the Giants. We have finally found a good replacement for John Fox, and I would hate to start over next year with a new D-Coordinator...again.

Don't worry, apparently Washington hasn't decided on Fassel and is going to wait to interview Spagnoulo, liking his NFC East experience. So I'm sure they'll screw you and select him .
Old 01-24-2008, 03:16 PM   #24
sabotai
General Manager

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Spags, only 1 year removed from being a positions coach, is no where near ready to be a head coach.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 03:35 PM   #25
Fighter of Foo
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby View Post
Not sure the Falcons could have come up with a less inspiring hire.

We landed someone who:

a) Is a competent NFL coach
b) Actually wants to be here

This is progress.

Last edited by Fighter of Foo : 01-24-2008 at 03:36 PM.
Fighter of Foo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 04:18 PM   #26
SteveMax58
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotai View Post
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Spags, only 1 year removed from being a positions coach, is no where near ready to be a head coach.

I dont know if that seems to matter any more...John Harbaugh is a head coach without even being a coordinator at any level of football. And it seems owners are getting more & more desperate to try "something new" every year.
Old 01-24-2008, 06:16 PM   #27
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

I won't rip a coach before he shows if he can do anything or not now. I hated the Mike McCarthy hiring when the Packers brought him in. I wanted Ted Thompson's head. He was an OC for a crap 49er team for one year, and before that he was the OC of the juggernaut Saints. Wasn't very impressive.

I love the guy now, and think Ted Thompson deserves the job of Packer GM more then I do.
Old 01-24-2008, 06:55 PM   #28
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMax58 View Post
I dont know if that seems to matter any more...John Harbaugh is a head coach without even being a coordinator at any level of football. And it seems owners are getting more & more desperate to try "something new" every year.

That's true, but I question how much Harbaugh is ready for a head coaching job as well (or if he's going to do well at all regardless of how ready he is). I know Mike Tomlin has done well so far for the Steelers after just 1 year as a coordinator, but I think he's more the exception than the rule.

But then again, I don't keep track of coaching careers. Maybe more people are fast tracked to head coaching positions than I realize.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 09:03 PM   #29
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Dan Snyder is the only team owner out there "stupider" than Peter Angelos. Not that I think Angelos is all that dumb, exactly, but he makes a lot of moves that really don't seem to make his team any better, and there WAS a period of time where he was deliberately sabotaging the team.

And, lucky Baltimore/DC sports fans, both owners are in this area. While the O's and the 'Skins aren't my "favorite" team in either sport, I do cheer for the home team as long as they're not playing the Red Sox or Pats, so it's disappointing to see teams under such lousy ownership..

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 08:12 AM   #30
Subby
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighter of Foo View Post
We landed someone who:

a) Is a competent NFL coach
b) Actually wants to be here

This is progress.
And the uninspiring hires usually turn out pretty good in a lot of cases. I would actually be fairly excited if I was a Falcons fan right now. You get a no-nonsense football guy in there and personnel guy from the pioli-belichick tree. Not too shabby.

Old 01-25-2008, 12:24 PM   #31
chesapeake
College Starter

The Danny likes to make the Big Splash with his head coach hires -- Marty, Spurrier, and Gibbs being the three he's done to date. I don't think that either Williams or Fassel were big enough for him. My money says that the Danny wants Cowher. If there is any amount of money that would get him to Redskins Park, TD will pay it.

Despite my mockery of him, I don't think the Danny is Angelosian by any stretch of the imagination. By most accounts Angelos is cheap, mean and refuses to listen or learn. TD has a massive ego, but no one can accuse him of being cheap and I do believe that he listens to people that he trusts, Gibbs being one of them. The jury is still out on whether he learns from his mistakes.
chesapeake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 12:35 PM   #32
Bisbo
H.S. Freshman Team

I didn't know Vinny Cerrato's screen name was "Chesapeake".
Old 01-26-2008, 12:17 PM   #33
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotai View Post

Hiring position coaches is a smart move. Ask Millen.
M GO BLUE!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 04:53 PM   #34
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

No mention of the fact that Gregg Williams and Al Saunders have been "released"?

http://www.redskins.com/news/newsDetail.jsp?id=34038

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 09:58 PM   #35
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chesapeake View Post
The Danny likes to make the Big Splash with his head coach hires -- Marty, Spurrier, and Gibbs being the three he's done to date. I don't think that either Williams or Fassel were big enough for him. My money says that the Danny wants Cowher. If there is any amount of money that would get him to Redskins Park, TD will pay it.

Despite my mockery of him, I don't think the Danny is Angelosian by any stretch of the imagination. By most accounts Angelos is cheap, mean and refuses to listen or learn. TD has a massive ego, but no one can accuse him of being cheap and I do believe that he listens to people that he trusts, Gibbs being one of them. The jury is still out on whether he learns from his mistakes.

Gibbs isn't advising him well then if he listens to Gibbs. I find it hard to believe Gibbs would support how he is handling these things.

BTW, anyone think they have a possible "secret" deal with a coach who is on a Superbowl team? That is a rumor I have heard floated around, and why no head coach has been hired.
Old 01-26-2008, 10:00 PM   #36
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Dola- Maybe The Danny is going to name himself as head coach. I think he should do that, just to out do Al Davis as an ass.
Old 01-26-2008, 10:03 PM   #37
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cringer View Post
Gibbs isn't advising him well then if he listens to Gibbs. I find it hard to believe Gibbs would support how he is handling these things.

BTW, anyone think they have a possible "secret" deal with a coach who is on a Superbowl team? That is a rumor I have heard floated around, and why no head coach has been hired.

what coach? be more specific
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 11:02 PM   #38
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
what coach? be more specific

It was a Patriot coach I think, I don't remember the guy's name though. Seemed a little bit of a stretch to me, but an interesting theory.
Old 01-27-2008, 04:21 AM   #39
14ers
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by chesapeake View Post
What about HBO star and local Maryland boy Brian Billick?
Old 01-27-2008, 06:56 AM   #40
Bisbo
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
It was a Patriot coach I think, I don't remember the guy's name though.

The guy that's been mentioned is Josh McDaniels, the offensive coordinator, but that doesn't sound splashy enough for Danny Boy. Whoever it is, he's going to have to accept the offensive and defensive coordinators that have already been hired - what a half-assed way to run a team.
Old 01-27-2008, 07:27 AM   #41
SteveMax58
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bisbo View Post
The guy that's been mentioned is Josh McDaniels, the offensive coordinator, but that doesn't sound splashy enough for Danny Boy. Whoever it is, he's going to have to accept the offensive and defensive coordinators that have already been hired - what a half-assed way to run a team.

Yeah...I found that to be completely ridiculous. Unless of course, there is a "mystery" coach orchestrating those moves. Unlikely, but it's the only way I see DS getting anybody with name recognition to coach this team. Most big-splash candidates would expect, at a minimum, to name their own coaching staff. This is definitley strange.