Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-09-2007, 09:03 PM   #51
sooner333
College Starter

I got beat this week...could have had a chance if I started Edwards instead of Garrard and Battle instead of Muhammad. Oh well. My team of free agent pickup running backs finally gave out in round one (plus E. James, who was okay, but couldn't carry the load for my team after Cadillac went out). Turns out my E. Graham for Bowe trade backfired too a few weeks back when I thought Pittman would get carries.

sooner333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 12:33 AM   #52
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidatelo View Post
I backed my way into the playoffs with two sub-par performances, although 1 was a win. My record? 7-6, good for 6th out of 14 teams and the final playoff spot. Not exactly inspiring.

Still, I had the 2nd highest points total in the league, so I guess I have a shot. My lineup for this weekend's playoff game:

QB - Tom Brady
WR - Brandon Marshall
WR - Dwayne Bowe
RB - Adrian Peterson
RB - Justin Fargas
TE - Ben Watson
K - Jason Elam
DEF - New Orleans Saints

The only real decision on my team was at RB, since I also have Willie Parker. I think my receivers will utlimately be my demise, as they tend to put up about 10 points combined each week. Sadly the backups are worse (Deion Branch and Calvin Johnson).

Looks like I'm going to lose, I'm down by 11 points with only the Sains defence left. Sadly it all came down to the running back decision, I had Parker and Selvin Young on the bench, with Fargas and Peterson starting
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 08:30 AM   #53
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Quote:
Looks like I'm going to lose, I'm down by 11 points with only the Sains defence left. Sadly it all came down to the running back decision, I had Parker and Selvin Young on the bench, with Fargas and Peterson starting

Holy poop! Thanks to an interception for a touchdown, New Orleans put up 12 points last night! I won by 1 point, 89-88, to advance!

Now I just have to figure out the whole running back situation again... any ideas between:

Adrian Peterson (vs Chi)
Willie Parker (vs Jac)
Justin Fargas (vs Ind)
Selvin Young (@Hou)
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Old 12-11-2007, 08:56 AM   #54
MikeVic
Head Coach

I think Peterson for sure... The others, not so sure about.
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 08:58 AM   #55
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Quote:
Now I just have to figure out the whole running back situation again... any ideas between:

Adrian Peterson (vs Chi)
Willie Parker (vs Jac)
Justin Fargas (vs Ind)
Selvin Young (@Hou)

I have to pick 2 between Adrian Peterson (vs. Chi), Frank Gore (vs. Cin) and Steven Jackson (vs. GB).

A key question for both of us is if Peterson's week last week was an abberation. If it was, then this matchup is good. It's at home, and the Bears have looked pretty lousy against the run. On the other hand, there's a very real possibility that the Vikes put up a quick 21 on the Bears and it's Taylor the rest of the way.

Parker vs. Jac will be tough, as their D has been pretty stout and their O is very much a ball-control offense. However, it is at home.

Fargas I'd probably avoid as Oak will probably fall behind early and they'll have to get away from running the ball.

So you're kind of left with Selvin, who probably isn't a bad start, even in Houston.

I guess I'd do Peterson/Parker & Young, and base the Peterson/Parker decision by closely watching what Childress is saying about Peterson and his injury (or not) this week.

For me, I think it's Gore for sure, and then a toss-up between the other two. Peterson I've already discussed, but Jackson obviously has problems. If Bulger doesn't start again, then the Rams won't be able to keep up with Green Bay, and who knows what Jackson will do then. But Green Bay's Run D isn't great, and they are playing in St. Louis.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 09:24 AM   #56
miked
College Starter

The way Young ran last week, I don't see him not getting a good chance vs. a fairly lousy defense.
Old 12-16-2007, 02:59 PM   #57
molson
General Manager

I dominate my league with Brady at QB, but my league uses an 8-team playoff, with single week playoff games.

So I'm done.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 03:07 PM   #58
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

I need peterson to not be hurt and run wild .
Old 12-17-2007, 05:00 PM   #59
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by k0ruptr View Post
I need peterson to not be hurt and run wild .

How wild does he need to run for you? Thanks to Brady crapping the bed, I need 47 points out of him
Old 12-17-2007, 05:09 PM   #60
johnnyshaka
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
I dominate my league with Brady at QB, but my league uses an 8-team playoff, with single week playoff games.

So I'm done.

Definitely glad I had a bye this week as I would've likely scored in the 60's and would've likely lost.

With Brady, Favre, and Garrard at QB there is no way Garrard would've played for me this past week as I would've started Brady at QB and Favre as my flex. Meanwhile, Addai didn't do much and is likely going to see less time over the next couple of weeks which will leave me in a rather precarious position with my RB choices. Graham will start for sure but then I have to chose between Chester Taylor, who has been playing very well as of late, and Addai...ugh.
johnnyshaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 06:22 PM   #61
Apathetic Lurker
College Prospect

In my main IDP league I was facing our equivelant of the Patriots in the 1st rd.
Since I was down over 60 pts by thursday, I saw no way for my woe begone team to catch up so I did no research for my Sunday troops. Now, with my scrubs clawing their way back and with 2 of my guys getting zip points I'm going into MNF im down 13 pts with Hester as my only hope. UGH!

best players left twiddling their thumbs on the bench: S.Gado 11.90pts, K. Smith 12.00pts and M. Booker 16.80pts. Defensively N.Diggs 10.00pts,S.Ellis 14.00pts,C. Woodson 12.00pts and J.Babineaus 13.00pts. Any of these would have given me a outright win or a close call against the Evil Empire.
Apathetic Lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 07:37 PM   #62
Balldog
Pro Rookie

I'm in the finals despite having horrible QB play all season, between McNabb and Cutler. Looking back at the season, if I would've gotten 18+ pts from my QBs I would've been 12-2 instead of 7-7.
Balldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 08:23 PM   #63
Apathetic Lurker
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balldog View Post
I'm in the finals despite having horrible QB play all season, between McNabb and Cutler. Looking back at the season, if I would've gotten 18+ pts from my QBs I would've been 12-2 instead of 7-7.

Well at least you had two decent qb's.. I had Derek Anderson and that two headed bastard child of a qb Edwards/Losman
Apathetic Lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 05:38 AM   #64
Ragone
Pro Rookie

i'm in my finals with a odd assortment of wr trash

qb- Roethlisberger vs rams or Mcnabb Vs Saints

Rb(pick 1)- Willie parker vs rams or Ryan grant vs bears

Wr(Pick 2)- Chris Henry vs browns / Santonio Holmes Vs rams / Gaffney Vs Lolphins

Granted my main wr is colston and oddly my main rb ended up being Jamal Lewis.. but my wr's have been trash all year save for colston
Ragone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 07:25 AM   #65
wade moore
lolzcat

Any thoughts on how much PT Peyton is going to get? It could be crucial to me winning cash in FF for the first time ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 07:25 AM   #66
wade moore
lolzcat

And if not much - who the crap can I pick up from the scrap heap?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 08:41 AM   #67
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Manning's playing Houston. I have the same problem with Reggie Wayne. Houston's defense has gotten a lot better recently, but I believe the pass defense is still a bit exploitable (probably not a word).

So anyway, I expect Manning throws 2-3 TDs before he sits down. Possibly more if Rosenbrady keeps playing well.
Old 12-18-2007, 09:01 AM   #68
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Well, I'm in the final.

Picking 2 of these 3 at RB:

Adrian Peterson (Min) vs. Was
Steven Jackson @ Pit
Frank Gore vs Tampa Bay

Aarrgghh....
Old 12-18-2007, 09:06 AM   #69
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by flere-imsaho View Post
Well, I'm in the final.

Picking 2 of these 3 at RB:

Adrian Peterson (Min) vs. Was
Steven Jackson @ Pit
Frank Gore vs Tampa Bay

Aarrgghh....

Adrian Peterson is a no-brainer. The other 2, meh....probably Steven Jackson just because Gore always gets hurt and Tampa Bay seems to have a little before rush defense....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud
None of this shit is personal. It's the internet.
RomaGoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 09:08 AM   #70
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Thank goodness Adrian Peterson scored 2x last night. I stupidly started Brady and only got 3 points from him. I held on for the win, now I am in the semifinals, with the championship game a week after that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud
None of this shit is personal. It's the internet.
RomaGoth is offline   Reply With Quote