Pro Starter

anyone else notice that Moonlight = Angel pretty much exactly

saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 01:00 PM   #52
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
I take it that Jericho wasn't picked up since I don't see it listed. The amount of CBS shows for me drops now to just Criminal Minds, Survivor and Shark. Even though I usually don't always catch Jericho or Shark to be honest. Easily my least watched network (even behind Fox)

If Jericho isn't picked up, the number of TV shows for me to watch drops from one to zero. Baseball or bust if that's the case.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 01:04 PM   #53
SackAttack
Head Coach

Well, fuck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBS
CBS canceled the nuclear apocalypse drama, "Jericho," on Wednesday, another sign that TV networks are shying away from serial dramas after overloading on them last season.

The network unveiled a fall schedule with five new shows, three of them dramas.

"Jericho" started out strong last fall for CBS. However, like "Lost" on ABC and "Heroes" on NBC, many viewers abandoned the show after it went on a long midseason hiatus.

"We lost a lot of steam," said Kelly Kahl, CBS' chief scheduling executive. "I know we had loyal viewers ... but the show sort of lost its engine and wasn't performing."

Hey, Kelly Kahl? You weren't performing either, bitch.

I guess I won't be watching anything on CBS this year, since I don't want to support that kind of dumbassery.
Old 05-16-2007, 01:14 PM   #54
JasonC23
High School Varsity

I like how almost every network took a popular serial, put it on a long hiatus, saw the ratings drop when it finally came back, and blamed...the viewers.
Old 05-16-2007, 01:21 PM   #55
SackAttack
Head Coach

Exactly! I mean, what the hell. You're telling a progressive story, rather than a series of one-off episodes telling tiny stories, and you blame the viewers when they can't get back into something after you take it away from them for a month? Jesus.

At least ABC and NBC didn't pull the plug on THEIR serial dramas and blame the viewers for their dumbassery.
Old 05-16-2007, 01:27 PM   #56
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
anyone else notice that Moonlight = Angel pretty much exactly

I've watched season 1 of Angel... so the opening description is exactly like Angel to me lol.
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 01:33 PM   #57
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
I kind of liked watching How I Met Your Mother and The Class on Monday nights, but it looks like the Class was not picked up. Too bad--I thought it had some potential. I think the only show on there that I watch regularly is HIMYM, as I gave up on Survivor after a few episodes the last two seasons, after watching nearly every episode of the series up to that point.

I love watching TV on Monday nights. With How I met your mother, 2 and a half men and the class, it was the only night I Tivo'd. I am so dissapointed they didn't get The Class back. What the hell happened there?
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 02:04 PM   #58
Pyser
Pro Rookie

im just realizing i havent watched a show on CBS in a loooooong time, but may check out the kid reality show
Pyser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 02:24 PM   #59
chrisj
H.S. Freshman Team

Location: Edmonton, Alberta (but still wishing I was in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonC23 View Post
I like how almost every network took a popular serial, put it on a long hiatus, saw the ratings drop when it finally came back, and blamed...the viewers.

With the exception of Fox, who figured it out with 24.

And yet other networks STILL don't get it.

(and even Fox doesn't get it all the time)
chrisj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 07:12 PM   #60
wade moore
lolzcat

I was a little worried about Cold Case and Numb3rs because I don't hear much about them elsewhere.. so gald to see them coming back...

Anyone else weirded out by the lack of JiMG's presence in this thread?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 07:18 PM   #61
Izulde
Head Coach

I'll probably check out Cane and Viva Laughlin on CBS. Big Bang Theory sounds vaguely intriguing, but Heroes gets that time slot and nothing would knock it out.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 07:27 PM   #62
Joe
Pro Starter

kind of bummed about Shark moving to Sundays
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 08:35 PM   #63
Joe
Pro Starter

Law and Order news:

Quote:
Though both the original Law & Order and Criminal Intent (which is moving to sister network USA) have been awarded new seasons, NBC U has some belt-tightening to do. Sources tell FoxNews.com that franchise father Dick Wolf will reduce L&O vet Sam Waterston's salary by giving Jack McCoy a "promotion" to the smaller role of district attorney, and then hire a younger (read: cheaper) actor to fill the vacated slot.

Among the cops, Milena Govich, the series' first female detective, wasn't asked back for the fall, and rumors are swirling that partner Jesse L. Martin may join her on the unemployment line. CI, meanwhile, plans to keep Vincent D'Onofrio and Chris Noth, despite their hefty salaries. No word on whether their female counterparts — Julianne Nicholson and Kathryn Erbe — will return, but they rarely got a word in edgewise, anyway.
Old 05-16-2007, 10:33 PM   #64
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post
I love watching TV on Monday nights. With How I met your mother, 2 and a half men and the class, it was the only night I Tivo'd. I am so dissapointed they didn't get The Class back. What the hell happened there?

I figured it would get a little bit more time, since it was from the creators of Friends. I liked the direction the story was heading in and it was unique in that it all of its castmembers were not already stars and/or model-like in appearance (unlike most ensemble types).

I think How I Met Your Mother and The Office are the only sitcoms I am even remotely interested in nowadays.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 07:15 AM   #65
Celeval
Pro Starter

How I Met Your Mother is a staple in our house, and so was the Class... "oops".

Eases up a crowded Monday, at least... between HIMYM, Heroes, and Dancing with the Stars, we'd run into problems if/when the Class came on in the middle of that.
Celeval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 12:57 PM   #66
JasonC23
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisj View Post
With the exception of Fox, who figured it out with 24.

And yet other networks STILL don't get it.

(and even Fox doesn't get it all the time)

It sounds like they're finally catching on, though, with Lost not coming back until 2008 and running continuously and Heroes doing that Origins spinoff thingie. Those are the 2 serials I watch religiously (well, record on my DVR religiously to watch a night or two later, anyway), so I'm glad those 2 seem to be on the right track for the fall season.

And completely separate, I am ridiculously thrilled that How I Met Your Mother is coming back. My wife and I love that show.
Old 05-17-2007, 03:18 PM   #67
Bearcat729
College Benchwarmer

Fox and CW

http://www.tvsquad.com/2007/05/17/the-upfronts-fox/
The Upfronts: FOX

Posted May 17th 2007 2:02PM by Anna Johns

This year, FOX is hoping for a stronger fall season with a shorter baseball hiatus. Instead of 26 game nights, FOX is expecting to air only 14 games leading up to and including the World Series. Once again, FOX's January schedule has FOX poised for a win in ratings with non-stop 24 and renewal of American Idol. One schedule item worth noting is The Sarah Connor Chronicles, based on the Terminator movies. Fox chose to hold it until mid-season because they want a strong female audience, which is something they get when American Idol returns.

In: 'Til Death, House, Bones, The Simpsons, Family Guy, King of the Hill, American Dad, America's Most Wanted, Cops, Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader?, American Idol, 24, Prison Break,

New: K-Ville, New Amsterdam, The Sarah Connor Chronicles, Back to You, Return of Jezebel James, Rules for Starting Over, Kitchen Nightmares, Canterbury's Law, Nashville

Out: The Winner, Standoff, Drive, The War at Home, The O.C., Justice, Happy Hour, The Rich List, Vanished, The Wedding Bells, The Loop

Moving: 'Til Death, Bones (spring)

New Shows:

K-Ville: A drama about cops working in post-Hurricane Katrina New Orleans.

New Amsterdam: A sci fi/drama about a homicide cop who is secretly hundreds of years old is tired of being alive.

The Sarah Connor Chronicles: Lena Headey stars as 'Sarah Connor', as in the character from the Terminator movies. The action/drama is about Connor's attempts to prevent the Terminator robots from killing her son.

Back to You: A sitcom starring Kelsey Grammer, Patricia Heaton, and Fred Willard. Grammer and Heaton are reunited as anchors on a Buffalo, NY news desk. Hilarity ensues.

Return of Jezebel James: A comedy about a woman who asks her estranged sister to carry her child. Stars Parker Posey and Lauren Ambrose.

Rules for Starting Over: The Farrelly Brothers' comedy about a man who returns to the dating scene after a number of years in a relationship. Co-stars Rashida Jones, who plays 'Karen' on The Office. Fox promises a spring premiere, but currently does not have it on the schedule.

Kitchen Nightmares: Gordon Ramsey returns, this time he's not harassing wanna-be chefs, but he is trying to help failing restaurants survive.

Nashville: Unscripted show about young people pursuing musical dreams in Nashville. From the producers of Laguna Beach.

Canterbury's Law: Stars Julianna Margulies as an aggressive defense attorney who "is willing to bend the law in order to protect the wrongfully accused."

The Search for the Next Great American Band: Same as American Idol, but with bands.

Fall Schedule:

Mondays
8 pm Prison Break
9 pm K-Ville

Tuesdays
8 pm New Amsterdam
9 pm House

Wednesdays
8 pm Back to You
8:30 pm 'Til Death
9 pm Bones

Thursdays
8 pm Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?
9 pm Kitchen Nightmares

Fridays
8 pm The Search for the Next Great American Band
9 pm Nashville

Saturdays
8 pm Cops
8:30 pm Cops
9 pm America's Most Wanted

Sundays
7 pm Football post-game
8 pm The Simpsons
8:30 pm King of the Hill
9 pm Family Guy
9:30 pm American Dad

Spring Schedule:

Mondays
8 pm K-Ville (January)/Prison Break(spring)
9 pm 24

Tuesdays
8 pm American Idol
9 pm House

Wednesdays (January)
8 pm Back to You
8:30 pm 'Til Death
9 pm American Idol

Wednesdays (Spring)
8 pm Back to You
8:30 pm The Return of Jezebel James
9 pm American Idol results show
9:30 pm 'Til Death

Thursdays
8 pm Are You Smarter than a 5th Grader?
9 pm Canterbury's Law

Fridays (Spring)
8 pm Bones
9 pm New Amsterdam

Saturdays
8 pm Cops
8:30 pm Cops
9 pm America's Most Wanted

Sundays (Spring)
7 pm King of the Hill
7:30 pm American Dad
8 pm The Simpsons
8:30 pm Family Guy
9 pm The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Notes: FOX renewed 24 for two more seasons. Tonight's season finale of The Office will probably reflect FOX's decision to pick up Rashida Jones' comedy series, Rules For Starting Over, even though it is not on the schedule (it is planned for a spring premiere). Don't expect to see Karen on NBC anymore. Also, FOX intends to burn off the remaining episodes of The Loop this summer.

The Upfronts: The CW

Posted May 17th 2007 12:18PM by Julia Ward

The CW announced its 2007-08 prime-time schedule today. Just in its second year, The CW is still looking for a home run and is sticking with a programming strategy of short-run reality shows and dramas with young adult appeal.

The big news is no news. Veronica Mars was not announced as part of the Fall line-up, but according to rumors, The CW is waiting until June 15th to decide the gal detective's fate. This is supposed to give Rob Thomas enough time to whip up a "Veronica in the FBI" script. (Update: Ausiello reports from the press conference that Veronica Mars is dead, though "something else" may be coming up.)

One Tree Hill is going to do a ctrl-alt-del. Returning mid-season, the show is going to jump four years into the future - after its characters have graduated from college. Online journal entries are going to chronicle the missing years. On Everybody Hates Chris, Chris Rock will finally appear on the show -- as the school guidance councilor!

The more interesting pick of the newbie litter - Josh Schwartz, creator of The O.C., is back with Gossip Girl based on the popular book series of the same name and Kevin Smith directed the pilot episode of the new series Reaper.

The CW's good, bad and ugly after the jump:

Returning: Everybody Hates Chris; America's Next Top Model; The Game; Girlfriends; Smallville; Supernatural; One Tree Hill (mid-season); Pussycat Dolls: The Search for the Next Doll; WWE SmackDown!

Out: All of Us; Gilmore Girls; Reba; Runaway; Seventh Heaven; Veronica Mars

New: Crowned: The Mother of All Pageants; Hidden Palms (Premieres on May 30th); Aliens in America; Gossip Girl; Reaper; Life is Wild; Online Nation (formerly Viewsers); CW Now; Farmer Takes a Wife

Moving: Beauty and the Geek (Tuesdays at 8PM)

Detailed descriptions of new shows:

COMEDIES
Aliens in America: Single-camera comedy about an unpopular 16-year-old and a 16-year-old Pakistani Muslim who comes to live with the boy's family in Wisconsin as an exchange student.

DRAMAS
Gossip Girl: Drama based on the popular book series, about the world of privileged teenagers attending elite private schools in New York City as told through the eyes of an anonymous blogger.

Reaper: Drama about a young man who essentially becomes Satan's bounty hunter, reclaiming souls that have somehow escaped from hell.

Life is Wild: Drama about a New York veterinarian who moves his second wife and their two sets of children to a South African game reserve run by his father-in-law.

REALITY
Crowned: An eight-episode competition that features multiple mother-daughter teams working together as pairs to win a beauty pageant competition.

CW Now: An Entertainment Tonight-style show focused on popular culture.

Online Nation (formerly Viewsers): Series which showcases user generated videos with the most popular making the cut from week to week.

Farmer Takes a Wife: A dating show about, you know, farmers.

The CW's fall primetime schedule follows:

MONDAY

8:00-8:30 PM "Everybody Hates Chris"
8:30-9:00 PM "Aliens in America" (New Series)
9:00-9:30 PM "Girlfriends"
9:30-10:00 PM "The Game"

TUESDAY

8:00-9:00 PM "Beauty and the Geek"
9:00-10:00 PM "Reaper" (New Series)

WEDNESDAY

8:00-9:00 PM "America's Next Top Model"
9:00-10:00 PM "Gossip Girl" (New Series)

THURSDAY

8:00-9:00 PM "Smallville"
9:00-10:00 PM "Supernatural"

FRIDAY

8:00-10:00 PM "Friday Night Smackdown!"

SUNDAY

7:00-7:30 PM "Online Nation" (New Series)
7:30-8:00 PM "CW Now" (New Series)
8:00-9:00 PM "Life is Wild" (New Series)
9:00-10:00 PM "America's Next Top Model" (Encore)
Old 05-17-2007, 03:22 PM   #68
Malificent
High School JV

Damn the CW for killing Veronica Mars.
Malificent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 03:24 PM   #69
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Well, I'm stoked. That AI band show AND Beauty and the Geek both in the fall. Yay!
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 04:05 PM   #70
rowech
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post

I was surprised they didn't bring The Class back. It got better every week.
rowech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 04:36 PM   #71
Celeval
Pro Starter

Random comment, since the CW announced - the series finale of Gilmore Girls was, imho, one of the best overall series finales. Wrapped things up nicely without being (too) contrived, got a chance to see most of the long-term, popular characters, etc. etc.

Last edited by Celeval : 05-17-2007 at 04:36 PM.
Old 05-17-2007, 04:56 PM   #72
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celeval View Post
Random comment, since the CW announced - the series finale of Gilmore Girls was, imho, one of the best overall series finales. Wrapped things up nicely without being (too) contrived, got a chance to see most of the long-term, popular characters, etc. etc.

While I totally gave up on this show this last season, I would have liked to have seen the series finale.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 05:12 PM   #73
larrymcg421
Head Coach

I think the Gilmore finale was so good because they didn't know it was gonna be the series finale. If they knew, they might have tried to make it a huge event, probably a wedding and a whole bunch of other crap. Instead they kept it mostly low key. And the ending was perfect. It was the same ending as in the pilot episode. Good job.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 09:34 PM   #74
kingfc22
Head Coach

Man. No Jericho.

24 getting two more seasons. Yikes. I could barely stomach this season and I'm not sure how pumped I'm gonna be for two more. Also, looks like FOX is splitting up Prison Break again. Wish they would just show it straight through.
Old 05-17-2007, 11:02 PM   #75
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Some interesting concepts for new shows (and some more sci-fi type stuff after Heroes hit it big).

For NBC, Journeyman sounds interesting, and Chuck could be good. The IT Crowd might work (we all love reading the stories of dumb stuff people ask their IT folks), but it might really suck.

ABC's new shows seem very dull, with perhaps Dirty Sexy Money having a chance to work, Pushing Daisies being an interesting concept, but hard to see it actually coming through, and Caveman, just to see how they do it.

CBS has some interesting concepts, but they could ALL fall flat. Cane and Moonlight could be very good, but could turn into crap really fast if the writing isn't up to par (ie, like Jericho, sorry, I liked the concept, hated the show). Kid Nation could be the one reality show that I actually will want to watch. Swingtown sounds very interesting, but more suited for something like HBO than CBS... wonder how that'll work.

Fox ALWAYS has some interesting concepts for their new shows. The question is how much chance will they give those shows. Usually the writing is pretty decent for them, it's just network (and finding an audience) which is the issue. New Amsterdam sounds incredibly cool. The Sarah Connor Chronicles could really be interesting, if they don't mess around too much with the Terminator story. The Search for the Next Great Band may become the new American Idol (though hopefully better).

And though I hardly watch the CW, Aliens in America and Reaper both sound very interesting concepts, though Reaper could end up being way too cheesy, and eerily sounds like a show that's already been tried.

Right now the shows I regularly watch on network TV are How I Met Your Mother, Heroes, House, Bones, The Office, & Scrubs (and usually whatever HBO has). All are safe, so I'm happy with it.
Old 05-17-2007, 11:13 PM   #76
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22 View Post
Man. No Jericho.

I think I'm a TV free agent at this point.

If any of the other networks pick up Jericho, they've got my eyeballs.

Other than that, I could give a flip.
Old 05-22-2007, 03:20 AM   #77
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

The Sarah Connor Chronicles

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Bc7mzoqHahU

Pricey explosions + Firefly cast member + Fox = 2 or 3 episodes tops.

Fire Ron Lee.
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 05:22 AM   #78
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

I'm excited about an American version of "Kitchen Nightmares." I absolutely love the British version. That and the AI band thing looks like the only "must watch" new shows next season.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 06:50 AM   #79
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazFTW View Post

I dunno how this whole thing will work, supposedly it's between T2 and T3. I'm a big fan of the series, so I'm game, I guess. It'll probably be to expensive for the ratings it will draw, and I'm sure it will be mediocre. I'll go the initial order of 13 episodes, max.

What fun is it going to be watching the whole series, when in moments of peril we all know that John Connor will survive?
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 09:56 PM   #80
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Wasn't sure what thread to put this in, figured this one made the most sense out of the ones I saw.

From various stories at www.medialifemagazine.com

Media people tabbed “Bionic Woman” as either a potential breakout or a potential bomb, but few probably expected it to do what it did last night. The NBC drama’s premiere outdrew the debut of ABC’s highly anticipated “Grey’s Anatomy” spinoff “Private Practice” and nearly boosted NBC to No. 1 on a night where it has long struggled.

“Bionic” averaged a 5.5 adults 18-49 rating at 9 p.m., according to Nielsen overnights, 8 percent better than “Practice” still-solid 5.1 rating. ... is now the fall's top new premiere and NBC's best Wednesday series premiere since "The West Wing" in 1999 ...

Also
We’re not even through premiere week and already one new show has been yanked off the schedule. Fox has pulled Friday’s “Nashville” after just two low-rated weeks, replacing it with repeats of “K-Ville” for the next two Fridays and plugging in baseball playoff coverage for the few weeks after that. “Nashville,” a reality show about wannabe country singers, averaged just a 0.9 rating among viewers 18-49 and 2.4 million viewers.

And
The debut of CBS’s “Cane,” a show about a family running a rum and sugar business, wasn’t as sweet as some media people had anticipated. The Jimmy Smits show premiered even lower than last year’s timeslot occupant, “Smith,” which CBS canceled after only a handful of episodes.

“Cane” averaged a 2.9 adults 18-49 rating, according to Nielsen overnights, 17 percent below a 3.5 for the debut of “Smith” in the same 10 p.m. timeslot last year. ... Meanwhile, it was a big night for Fox, where the premiere of “House” built 7 percent over last year’s 7.2 and was the night’s top-rated show among 18-49s, averaging a 7.7.

It was the year's top premiere thus far in the demo and also marked Fox's best drama premiere in seven years, since "The X-Files" in November 2000.
Old 09-27-2007, 09:57 PM   #81
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazFTW View Post

I should add that I saw the pilot, and it was fairly decent. I'll at least DVR it.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 10:01 PM   #82
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

From JIMG's link:

Quote:
Yet perhaps as surprising as “Bionic’s” performance was NBC’s “Life,” which won its timeslot at 10 p.m. leading out of “Bionic” despite being dismissed by media buyers and many critics.

The show about a cop who rejoins the force after a long incarceration for a crime he did not commit averaged a 4.1 in 18-49s, besting CBS’s returning “CSI: NY,” which had its lowest-ever premiere at 3.7, and ABC’s much-touted “Dirty Sexy Money,” which averaged a 3.6. “Life” and “Money” both fell 11 percent in their second half hours.

I DVRed both, but watched "Life" live. I actually think "Life" is going to be the better show. It was funnier and more compelling. Not to say "Dirty Sexy Money" will be bad, just that it's somewhat of a "Dallas" like concept and not to terribly original.
Old 09-27-2007, 10:03 PM   #83
timmynausea
College Starter

I'm disappointed that Cane isn't doing very well. It was probably the best pilot I watched this year.
timmynausea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 11:14 PM   #84
Celeval
Pro Starter

When does the Sarah Connor Chronicles start?

Oh, and the Private Practice premiere was hilariously bad.
Old 11-01-2007, 05:12 PM   #85
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

http://www.medialifemagazine.com/art...s_31/index.asp

Programming notes: NBC tables 'Heroes: Origins'
The potential writers strike may have produced its first TV casualty. NBC has reportedly squashed “Heroes: Origins,” a six-episode spinoff that was supposed to launch later this season when “Heroes” is on hiatus, although it’s possible the project will be revived at a later date. While the possible strike certainly didn’t help matters, neither did “Heroes’” ratings this season. With the show hitting series lows over the past few weeks, a spinoff no longer seems like such a great idea. Meanwhile, in other programming, NBC has pulled the low-rated “The Singing Bee” from its November sweeps schedule, replacing it with an extra half hour of “The Biggest Loser,” after the karaoke competition show posted just a 1.7 overnight rating among 18-49s on Tuesday. ABC, meanwhile, has ordered three more scripts for its Friday night drama “Women’s Murder Club,” leaving “Cavemen” and “Big Shots” as the only new shows the network hasn’t ordered more scripts for. And HBO will launch “In Treatment” on Jan. 28 at 9:30 p.m., a 45-episode series that will air Monday through Friday. A psychotherapist played by Gabriel Byrne will visit with four separate patients in the Monday-Thursday episodes, while becoming a patient himself in the Friday episodes.
Old 12-10-2007, 05:39 PM   #86
Joe
Pro Starter

NBC's new schedule beginning in January, thanks to the strike:

Monday
8 p.m. "American Gladiators" until 2/18,
then new reality show "Baby Borrowers"
9 p.m. "Deal or No Deal"
10 p.m. "Medium" all new episodes

Tuesday
8 p.m. "The Biggest Loser"
10 p.m. "Law & Order: SVU" (with some new eps)

Wednesday
8 p.m. "Deal or No Deal"
9 p.m. "Law & Order: Criminal Intent" (new eps for NBC)
(Some eps of L&O:CI may have already shown on USA cable network)
10 p.m. "Law & Order" all new episodes

Thursday
8 p.m. Unspecified comedy series
8:30 p.m. Unspecified comedy series
There are still 5/6 unaired new "Scrubs"
9 p.m. "Celebrity Apprentice"
10 p.m. New eps of "ER" in January
New series "Lipstick Jungle" premieres 2/7

Friday
8 p.m. "1 vs. 100"
9 p.m. "Friday Night Lights" (w/ new eps)
10 p.m. "Las Vegas"(w/ new eps)

Sundays will feature award shows and made-for-TV specials
Old 12-10-2007, 05:44 PM   #87
bosshogg23
College Benchwarmer

Jericho returns Feb. 12th 2008 with a 7 episode run. I would guess because of the writers strike we see 3 episodes then 4 saved for May sweeps.
bosshogg23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 11:23 AM   #88
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I can't even fathom what "baby borrowers" could be.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 05:28 PM   #89
Joe
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I can't even fathom what "baby borrowers" could be.

Probably similar to this:

The Baby Borrowers was a reality TV show produced by Love Productions for BBC Three. The show featured five couples aged between 16 and 19. They start off attempting to look after a baby for three days, before moving onto toddlers, pre-teens, teenagers and finally an elderly person.