Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-08-2007, 01:54 PM   #1
Flasch186
Coordinator

Financial stock advice thread

when I balked at buying guitar Hero 3 the other day, I decided to sell Gamestop (i couldnt be the only one) and that was a good call to sell at 58.

Today Im watching some very solid companies get hammered. Csco and aapl just to name a few...

My question is with a time horizon of the spring is now the time to get in or should I wait for more blood?

I also am playing the gamble on Siri to merge, and a TRUE flyer on WCG which just got raided by the feds. What Im thinking is that the company will have to pay treble damages and itll be 100 mill or so, which is nothing and the stock will continue it's rise. on the flipside if there are more shoes to drop I could end up washing out on that one.

Where do you stand?

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL

Flasch186 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 05:07 PM   #2
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasch186 View Post
when I balked at buying guitar Hero 3 the other day, I decided to sell Gamestop (i couldnt be the only one) and that was a good call to sell at 58.

This is an excellent application of my one and only rule for stock trading: If the company makes a product you like and want to own, its a company you want to buy. If the company makes products you do not want to own, its a company you want to sell.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 05:12 PM   #3
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
This is an excellent application of my one and only rule for stock trading: If the company makes a product you like and want to own, its a company you want to buy. If the company makes products you do not want to own, its a company you want to sell.

I generally agree with this rule as well - although I have made exceptions that have worked well, so far. I have very little useful advice as I'm a very conservative investor who is always looking at the long term investments, and I rarely take risks on the companies with clouds over their head.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 06:07 PM   #4
CraigSca
Pro Starter

If you're looking at a 3-6 month scenario, I'm not sure a particular stock is ever a good idea. Like you, I'm conservative, but if I was looking to have all my money I'd go with a conservative mutual fund.
how do you know?

CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 06:28 PM   #5
damnMikeBrown
College Benchwarmer

I've got a series 7, series 63, and soon to be 66...and I'm not touching this with a 10 ft pole.
damnMikeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote