Grizzled Veteran

Sure, blame the bay area.
Old 08-29-2007, 08:11 AM   #902
miami_fan
Coordinator

Yi signs with the Bucks

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2995836

Quote:
MILWAUKEE -- Yi Jianlian is going to play for the Milwaukee Bucks after all.

Yi, the sixth overall selection in the NBA draft in June, signed a multiyear contract with the Bucks in Hong Kong on Wednesday.

"There has been a genuine excitement throughout our city and state, as well as internationally, following our selection of Yi in the NBA Draft," Bucks owner and team president Herb Kohl said. "We all anticipate Yi's arrival and welcome him and his family to Milwaukee. We look forward to a successful relationship for many years to come."

The 6-foot-11 forward had been reluctant to sign with Milwaukee. His agent, Dan Fegan, had pushed for a trade to a city with a large Asian influence, or at least a larger city.

Last season, Yi posted career-high averages with 24.9 points, 11.5 rebounds and 1.8 blocks in 30.7 minutes for the Guangdong Tigers of the Chinese Basketball Association.

Yi played five games this summer with Team China Basketball in the NBA Summer League in Las Vegas. He averaged 12.4 points, 4.4 rebounds and 1.4 blocked shots. He had a team-high 23 points against Memphis, and 20, including the game-winner against Cleveland.

"We are happy that Yi will be playing with the Bucks to further develop his skill and his contribution to both the Chinese National Team and the NBA," NBA commissioner David Stern said.

The Bucks called a teleconference for 10 a.m ET to discuss the signing.

Yi is expected to join the team for training camp on Oct. 1.
Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press

So where does he go after his rookie contract is up?
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 09:16 AM   #903
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2995836

So where does he go after his rookie contract is up?

D-League?
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 09:19 AM   #904
Logan
Head Coach

Somewhere he could post up chairs. ALL. NIGHT. LONG.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 09:48 PM   #905
Groundhog
Coordinator

hxxp://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3013565&campaign=rss&source=NBAHeadlines

Quote:
Pain in right knee leads to surgery for Blazers' Oden

PORTLAND, Ore. -- Trail Blazers center Greg Oden, the No. 1 pick in the NBA draft, will undergo exploratory arthroscopic knee surgery later this week because of pain in his right knee, the team announced Monday.

An MRI taken last week showed Oden may have some cartilage problems, general manager Kevin Pritchard said.

A timetable for Oden's return will be set following the arthroscopic surgery, which will be performed Thursday in Vancouver, Wash.

This isn't Oden's first health problem since the Trail Blazers selected him in June. He had a tonsillectomy in July after struggling in two Las Vegas summer league games.

Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press

uh-oh... hopefully they don't find anything too serious.

Last edited by Groundhog : 09-10-2007 at 09:51 PM.
Groundhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 09:54 PM   #906
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Cavs still looking morose in offseason.

GM Ferry sit on his hands all day and not do anything.

Darth Fagan making Andy hate Cavs.

Tryout for Alan Houston to make roster.

Sigh.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 11:03 PM   #907
Groundhog
Coordinator

Yeah, so that might give us Wesley, Houston, and Marshall as our washed up vets.
Old 10-29-2007, 07:11 PM   #908
Groundhog
Coordinator

Lots of minor stuff as teams trim to 15 or less and try and finalise things.

Two late "promising" moves (compared to the rest of the offseason, at least) by the Cavs in acquiring Cedric Simmons via trade and Demetris Nichols following his release by the Knicks. The latter in particular I'm happy with, as I watched him play with the Knicks summer league comp and thought he looked like a solid 2nd round pick. His shooting touch will come in handy, especially if Pav continues to remain unsigned.

Other big moves were of course the Miami and Minnesota trade, sending Walker, Simien, and Doleac to Minnesota for Ricky Davis and Mark Blount. In terms of talent, Minnesota were fleeced, but the trade had more to do with freeing up time for youngsters than anything else. Simien, and perhaps Walker also, won't hit the court for the T'Wolves, but Doleac is a decent pickup as far as 2nd or 3rd string Cs go.

A guy who I thought also looked pretty good in summer league was Darius Washington in San Antonio and, with the Spurs trading Beno Udrih to Minnesota for a Big Mac burger and fries, it looks like he'll stick.
Old 10-29-2007, 07:31 PM   #909
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Wesley was told not to report, the Nets said they were going to waive him some time in the season.
Old 10-30-2007, 05:01 PM   #910
Groundhog
Coordinator

Pav finally signs with the Cavs for 3 years, no idea for how much. Would have traded his signing for AV's in a heartbeat.