Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-07-2007, 06:25 AM   #101
bob
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazFTW View Post
I don't understand why a clue would read fly to San Francisco and they all book flights to Oakland. I have flown on several HNL-SFO flights and all of them were earlier than the 11:00PM flight to Oakland.

My guess: the clue said they have to fly to Oakland. Sometimes the clues have additional info that they don't read on tv, and i'm guessing the producers knew that they all would be on the same flight, which would make for better tv when they were all doing the final safe / question challenge before the finish line.

I felt that this was the worst finale on the race.
bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 06:52 AM   #102
Celeval
Pro Starter

I thought the safe-combination thing was one of the more interesting tasks, particularly for a group that has done this before. That said, we were rooting for the blondes, but are happy it wasn't Charla & Mirna.
Celeval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 07:13 AM   #103
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

So basically the entire episode boiled down to one stupid challenge - every other part of the last leg put the 3 teams on even ground, all of the challenges except the last one were meaningless.

How this show wins an emmy every year is redonkulous.
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 08:22 AM   #104
gstelmack
Pro Starter

I thought this had turned into one of the more interesting seasons, as they didn't have very many "everyone on the same flight", and in fact flight choice was a major factor in many of the legs.

And then they threw it all away at the end. That was an interesting challenge for earlier in the race, although I would have set a much longer time limit. I think they were hoping for a footrace to the finish (note that they tried to hint at this in the previews last week) and didn't quite make it.

But like everyone else, at least Charla and Mirna didn't win it. They are two of the most hypocritical racers everyone. When Mirna said "Everyone got to find out who we really are", my response was "yeah, and I don't like the real you".
Old 05-08-2007, 12:48 PM   #105
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celeval View Post
That said, we were rooting for the blondes, but are happy it wasn't Charla & Mirna.

Yea, I felt the same way. The final challenge was interesting, but like Greg said it should have had a longer time limit.
Old 05-08-2007, 01:37 PM   #106
Tyrith
College Starter

I hadn't watched much of this season of AR (I am typically busy on Sunday evenings), but this season finale reminded me of why I don't care anymore. This show would be much, much more interesting if there weren't the stupid planes every 20 minutes that make tasks meaningless. At least it wasn't Charla and Mirna...
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 02:24 PM   #107
Celeval
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith View Post
I hadn't watched much of this season of AR (I am typically busy on Sunday evenings), but this season finale reminded me of why I don't care anymore. This show would be much, much more interesting if there weren't the stupid planes every 20 minutes that make tasks meaningless. At least it wasn't Charla and Mirna...

Echoing some other thoughts - fwiw, the final flight from Hawaii to Oakland was the first in a while where all the players were on the same flight. Even going to Hawaii, which was the closest, there were two different first legs and the same second.
Celeval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 08:58 AM   #108
bob
College Starter

Just so everyone knows, Amazing Race 12 is starting on Sunday, November 4th at 8 PM. It wasn't expected to be on until 2008, but with the quick cancellation of Viva Laughin or whatever, Amazing Race is being pushed up. Not much on the CBS website about racers or anything like that, I'm sure because this was just announced. I'm sure the promotions people are thrilled.
bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 10:02 AM   #109
sooner333
College Starter

Did anyone seriously think Viva Laughlin was a good name for a show? I mean, what else was under consideration? Viva Elko? Vival Winnemucca?

Anyway, I'm excited about the new season...looking forward to it.
sooner333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 02:38 PM   #110
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

cool, looking forward to it.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 03:25 PM   #111
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Oh great, another Sunday show on CBS where I have to keep screwing with the DVR to make sure it gets recorded correctly when football runs late and pushes el-lameo 60 Minutes into the time slot of a good show...
Old 10-24-2007, 08:13 AM   #112
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack View Post
Oh great, another Sunday show on CBS where I have to keep screwing with the DVR to make sure it gets recorded correctly when football runs late and pushes el-lameo 60 Minutes into the time slot of a good show...

Agreed. You almost have to TIVO the show after it on Sundays to make sure you don't miss it. It's brutal.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote