Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-20-2001, 02:46 PM   #1
JasonC23
High School Varsity

Angry To EA re: No Patch

I have been one of the lucky ones with FOF 2001. I don't own a Voodoo card, and I was getting a fatal error maybe one every couple of seasons. A tiny bit annoying, but no big deal.

But then, while playing this morning, here's what has happened to me. (For the record, when I say "play" my game, I mean watching it on the in-game scoreboard with my coach calling all plays.)

Played my first preseason game in 2002. Saved the game. I tell FOF to simulate the rest of the games that week. It simulates 2, then CRASHES.

I reload, and re-simulate the week. It simulates just fine.

I play exhibition game #2. Save my game. Tell FOF to simulate the rest of the games that week. It simulates 2, then CRASHES.

I reload, and re-simulate the week. Does it just fine.

I play my third exhibition game. Save my game, try to simulate the rest of the week. FOF simulates one game this time before CRASHING. I reload, and it works.

I play my fourth exhibition game. Save my game. FOF simulates the rest of the week with no crash. I am stunned, but happy.

I play my first game of the regular season. I'm winning 17-6 when one play before halftime, the game CRASHES. Pissed off, I reload and play the game again. I get my ass kicked 28-11.

I play my second game of the season. I'm winning 30-20, when, one play before the end of the game, FOF CRASHES YET AGAIN. I stop reloading the program in fear of putting my fist through my monitor, and log onto this Web site to write this e-mail.

Six games, five crashes, with each crash worse than the one before. EA, when you tell me this game has no major problems and therefore does not need to be patched, I have one thing to say to you...F*** YOU. I WANT MY FAVORITE GAME TO WORK. IS THAT SO F***IN' MUCH TO ASK?!?

Thank you. I apologize for the profanity and won't be offended at all if a moderator edits this post to remove it.

------------------

[This message has been edited by JasonC23 (edited 01-20-2001).]

JasonC23 is offline   Reply With Quote