Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-11-2007, 11:45 AM   #401
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

LA Noire, a PS3 exclusive by Rockstar, has been pushed back to 2009. Rumor is that development assets have been moved over to assist in work on both the 360 and PS3 versions of GTA IV to minimize delays.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 05:53 PM   #402
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
Another news announcement about a game going multiplatform. Ace Combat 6 is no longer a 360 exclusive. It will be released on the PS3 as well.

Still haven't seen one word of confirmation on this.

Katamari and Eternal Sonata I've at least seen stories regarding, but I haven't seen so much as a rumor post about Ace Combat 06 going multiplatform.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 06:01 PM   #403
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Ninja Gaiden 2 rumors all over the net. Someone found some pics on a Japanese website that show a far bloodier game than the last version. Most of them point to a 360 exclusive or at least a timed exclusive on the 360. There is a countdown for a big announcement tonight on a website and that will likely be pics and/or a trailer for the game.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 07:15 PM   #404
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
Ninja Gaiden 2 rumors all over the net. Someone found some pics on a Japanese website that show a far bloodier game than the last version. Most of them point to a 360 exclusive or at least a timed exclusive on the 360. There is a countdown for a big announcement tonight on a website and that will likely be pics and/or a trailer for the game.

Thought that was a done deal, but perhaps it hasn't been made official yet. It's reportedly going to be a timed exclusive for the 360.
Old 09-11-2007, 07:20 PM   #405
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack View Post
Still haven't seen one word of confirmation on this.

Katamari and Eternal Sonata I've at least seen stories regarding, but I haven't seen so much as a rumor post about Ace Combat 06 going multiplatform.

Here's the info from Kotaku. Originally exclusive, now a PS3 version in the works.........

http://kotaku.com/gaming/ace-combat-...ive-250945.php
Old 09-11-2007, 10:17 PM   #406
SackAttack
Head Coach

Say, you did notice the date on that story?

I don't think you're allowed to call it an announcement anymore when the story you cite is FIVE MONTHS OLD.
Old 09-11-2007, 10:59 PM   #407
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Not to mention after that story, I thought it was debunked and it was reconfirmed as a 360 exclusive?

Edit: Looking at all of the major sites, Ace Combat 6 is still a 360 exclusive with no PS3 version announced. It is coming out on Oct 23 for the 360.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 09-11-2007 at 11:11 PM.
Old 09-11-2007, 11:35 PM   #408
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Other non ps3 consoles - 1,145
Mbbfan - 0
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 12:48 AM   #409
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
Not to mention after that story, I thought it was debunked and it was reconfirmed as a 360 exclusive?

Dunno.

The story he cited is from April 10.

In digging, I found this from Joystiq:

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/06/19/ac...-stick-bundle/

That story calls Ace Combat 06 an Xbox 360 exclusive, and coming over two months later than the story mizzou is citing, I'd tend to lend it more weight.

Closest thing I can find to a counter is, by way of "ps3forums.com," this interview:

http://www.jeuxvideo.fr/eternal-sona...ctu-78440.html

Yeah, it's in French.

Here's the quote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeuxVideo
Ace Combat 6 : Fires Of Liberation, lui, se dévoile aussi par le biais de son chef produit. Ce dernier nous annonce un certain nombre d'informations croustillantes comme les possibilités en ligne et un partenariat avec Dassault entre autres

My French ain't as good as it used to be, but the best translation I can come up with is:

"Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation has been revealed by its lead producer. This latest announces some crusty (the hell?) information, like the possibility of online and a partnership with Dassault, among other things."

Maybe one of the French boardies can tell me how far off my translation is.

Dassault, for what it's worth, is a French manufacturer of parts for corporate/business jets.

Strange on two counts would be the news getting broken by French gaming media, and a partnership with a company that specializes in corporate jets for a game that deals with fighter jets.

Grain of salt. There apparently *is* something out there claiming it's not exclusive, but as far as domestic gaming media goes, the official word is still "exclusive" with a "TGS *is* right around the corner" caveat.
Old 09-12-2007, 01:12 AM   #410
SackAttack
Head Coach

Just got this in my email. It's longer than this, and talks about Japanese Xbox Live Arcade offerings (like Rez and Ikaruga), but I clipped this part because it talks about the Ninja Gaiden 2 announcement of existence/exclusivity, and also because it mentions some of the Namco titles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Microsoft PR
Flanked by a who’s who of Japanese gaming luminaries and video game development legends, Takashi Sensui, general manager of the Home and Entertainment Division at Microsoft Co. Ltd., took the stage at the Yebisu Garden Hall during Xbox 360 Briefing 2007 to announce support from some of Japan’s most renowned game developers and unveil an unparalleled lineup of holiday blockbuster hits and exclusives for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system.

Two of Japan’s most celebrated game developers, Tomonobu Itagaki from Team NINJA/Tecmo Ltd. and Hironobu Sakaguchi from Mistwalker, joined Sensui onstage to announce their support for the Xbox 360 platform. Itagaki highlighted the announcement that Team NINJA will develop “NINJA GAIDEN® 2,” the true sequel to the best-selling and critically acclaimed Xbox® original, exclusively for Xbox 360. Sakaguchi revealed pricing1 and availability for Mistwalker’s upcoming role-playing game (RPG) “Lost Odyssey™,” available Dec. 6, 2007, in Japan, and around the world in early 2008. In addition, representatives from SQUARE ENIX took the stage to discuss two new games for Xbox 360: “INFINITE UNDISCOVERY™” and “THE LAST REMNANT™.”

Japanese Developers Embrace Xbox 360

“NINJA GAIDEN® 2” is the long-awaited sequel to the platinum-selling Xbox original, where players once again assume the role of Ryu Hayabusa as they guide the ninja hero on a quest to avenge his clan and prevent the destruction of the human race. Team NINJA’s announcement that “NINJA GAIDEN® 2” will be exclusive to Xbox 360 and available worldwide in 2008 provided gamers everywhere with plenty of reason for excitement, and served as yet another example of the blockbuster games being created by Japanese developers exclusively for the platform.

Xbox 360 owners in Japan will be the first to experience the magical world of “Lost Odyssey,” created by Mistwalker/feelplus Inc., and featuring a beautifully told story by Hironobu Sakaguchi, creator of the “Final Fantasy” video game franchise. Available Dec. 6, 2007, in Japan, January 2008 in Asia, and February 2008 in North America and Europe, “Lost Odyssey” headlines a lineup of games by Japanese developers for Xbox 360 owners around the world this holiday, including these:

· “Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation” (NAMCO BANDAI Games). “Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation” takes players up to the sky and into the heat of realistic air combat with next-generation audio and visual effects and online multiplayer action.2 Available this holiday, only on Xbox 360.

· “Beautiful Katamari” (NAMCO BANDAI Games). Marking the debut of Namco’s beloved ball-rolling puzzle game on a next-generation platform, “Beautiful Katamari,” the fourth installment of the “Katamari” series, features levels of quirkiness, cosmic animations and musical stylings never seen before. Available in October.

· “Lost Odyssey” (Microsoft Game Studios/Mistwalker/feelplus Inc.). Famed game producer Hironobu Sakaguchi leads a staff of gaming masters to bring a truly next-generation role-playing experience to Xbox 360 in “Lost Odyssey.” Players will be led through a dramatic story of massive scale that features breathtaking visuals and an epic adventure made possible only by the power of Xbox 360. Available Dec. 6, 2007, in Japan, and worldwide in 2008, only on Xbox 360.

Bolded the relevant parts of Katamari and Ace Combat 06. They acknowledge that Katamari isn't an exclusive, while they imply that Ace Combat is. It's not a direct rebuttal from Namco, but make of it what you will.
Old 09-12-2007, 07:01 AM   #411
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Another article stating that NG2 is a full exclusive for the 360......

http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3162734
Old 09-12-2007, 07:09 AM   #412
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Grain of salt. There apparently *is* something out there claiming it's not exclusive, but as far as domestic gaming media goes, the official word is still "exclusive" with a "TGS *is* right around the corner" caveat.

It's going to be an 'exclusive' either way from a 360 perspective. The question is whether it will/will not be a timed exclusive.

I got a variant of that French message from someone, but it appears that it was altered. So it would appear you're correct that no official announcements have been made. Apologies for the incorrect info.

Last edited by Mizzou B-ball fan : 09-12-2007 at 07:21 AM.
Old 09-12-2007, 07:20 AM   #413
spleen1015
Coordinator

Sony needs exclusives more than the XBOX 360. If the games are system sellers for some people, they are going to buy the 360 since it is cheaper.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 07:27 AM   #414
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
Sony needs exclusives more than the XBOX 360. If the games are system sellers for some people, they are going to buy the 360 since it is cheaper.

Well, the PS3 is never going to be cheaper than the 360. At best, it will be the same price in the future. So using that general theory that you presented, it has no chance of catching the 360. I'd state that the purchasing decision is a bit more involved than that given the different features that each system has. With that said, as I've mentioned before, if you're going to use the system to solely play games, the 360 is the better buy at this point assuming you're OK with the RROD issue that will still occur with the current stock.

The PS3 has over 150 exclusives in the pipeline. Exclusives aren't the problem. Getting those exclusives published and making sure they are of good quality as quickly as possible is the issue right now. They can't afford another PR stinker like Lair this fall. They need all 9 of the upcoming fall exclusives to be solid titles in addition to a price drop.

Last edited by Mizzou B-ball fan : 09-12-2007 at 07:28 AM.
Old 09-12-2007, 03:35 PM   #415
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Another article stating Ninja Gaiden 2 is a full exclusive to the 360 since Microsoft is actually bank rolling it and publishing it. Another big exclusive for the 360. Also, they reaffirm that Lost Odyssey is a 360 exclusive.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6178587...om_clk=topslot

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 09-12-2007 at 03:36 PM.
Old 09-12-2007, 04:56 PM   #416
SackAttack
Head Coach

Lost Odyseey is also a Microsoft-published game. I can't see Microsoft publishing games like Gears of War or Lost Odyssey (or, I guess, Ninja Gaiden 2) without getting it in the contract that the games are to remain exclusive to Xbox 360. I mean, they'd look pretty silly otherwise.
Old 09-12-2007, 04:57 PM   #417
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Lost Odyseey is also a Microsoft-published game. I can't see Microsoft publishing games like Gears of War or Lost Odyssey (or, I guess, Ninja Gaiden 2) without getting it in the contract that the games are to remain exclusive to Xbox 360. I mean, they'd look pretty silly otherwise.

I agree but there were some idiots on some PS3 boards trying to say otherwise.
Old 09-13-2007, 11:38 AM   #418
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Info slowly leaking out as the Tokyo Game Show approaches (September 20-23).........

Star Ocean 4 announced as PS3 exclusive.

http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?op...1&limitstart=2

It's confirmed that MGS4 will be playable at the show.

Also, for those that are interested in the 60 GB PS3, time appears to be running out. Target.com has run out of stock and rumors are circulating that other retailers are expected to use up their supply in the coming weeks.
Old 09-13-2007, 03:12 PM   #419
twothree
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army View Post
Monster Hunter Freedom 2 for the PSP rocks.

I just purchased the Daxter/new PSP system (+1 to the PSP sales count for September) and I am now looking for my first game to purchase for the PSP. I have Monster Hunter for the PS2 and have always had fun playing it with it's unique gameplay. It really looks like a better version from what I have read, so are you still having fun playing Monster Hunter Freedom 2?
twothree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 06:59 PM   #420
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
Info slowly leaking out as the Tokyo Game Show approaches (September 20-23).........

Star Ocean 4 announced as PS3 exclusive.

http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?op...1&limitstart=2

It's confirmed that MGS4 will be playable at the show.

Also, for those that are interested in the 60 GB PS3, time appears to be running out. Target.com has run out of stock and rumors are circulating that other retailers are expected to use up their supply in the coming weeks.

We're in a "what we got is what we're getting" mode on the 60 GB at Best Buy.