Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-07-2007, 06:06 PM   #51
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Yeah, I didn't even mention that I found out I have some mild gum disease. They'll be treating that as well.

Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 06:06 PM   #52
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordscarlet View Post
If you haven't been to a dentist in 10 years I hope you're flossing. I hadn't been in five, and I had never flossed in my life, and I have some pretty severe gum problems (I'm 28).

Flossing, electric toothbrushing, and Listerine'ing daily.

If I start having pain in my mouth, I'll go to a dentist (which is why I carry the insurance), but generally, aside from my mouth being too small, I've been ok. Worst part is, I'm sure that if I could take a Valium or something before going, I'd be OK. Unfortunately, I'm allergic (or highly sensitive or something) to benzo's (last time I was given one, I all but stopped breathing and my blood oxygenation plummeted, and they ended up keeping me overnight for what should have been outpatient surgery).

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 06:14 PM   #53
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

The surgeon doesn't have any openings for 2 weeks, but hopefully once the antibiotics kick in over the next few days and get rid of (or at least shrink) the absecesses the pain will subside. As soon as the Percocet wore off last night, the pain (worst pain I've ever had in my life) woke me up this morning. That is why I was posting at 5:00 AM this morning, something I almost never do.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 09-07-2007 at 06:15 PM.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 06:16 PM   #54
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by terpkristin View Post
Flossing, electric toothbrushing, and Listerine'ing daily.

If I start having pain in my mouth, I'll go to a dentist (which is why I carry the insurance), but generally, aside from my mouth being too small, I've been ok. Worst part is, I'm sure that if I could take a Valium or something before going, I'd be OK. Unfortunately, I'm allergic (or highly sensitive or something) to benzo's (last time I was given one, I all but stopped breathing and my blood oxygenation plummeted, and they ended up keeping me overnight for what should have been outpatient surgery).

/tk

I had no pain, I just went for a checkup (because I know I need my wisdom teeth out) and found out. But, my understanding is that if you floss regularly you're light years ahead of many people that go to a dentist each year.

"...the better half of the Moores..." -cthomer5000
lordscarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 10:34 PM   #55
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Ok, not being at the dentist in 10 years is just plain awful. You've gotta be swimming in cavities that you're going to have to deal with at some point, sooner better than later.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 10:41 PM   #56
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
Ok, not being at the dentist in 10 years is just plain awful. You've gotta be swimming in cavities that you're going to have to deal with at some point, sooner better than later.

SI

Yeah, I learned the hard way that you don't feel them and then suddenly they hurt like a bitch. I had a ton of work done because I didn't take care of my teeth and didn't go to the dentist for awhile. Getting a root canal is NOT fun.

But now I go every 6 months for my cleaning to stay on top of things.....helps that the dental hygienist is a hottie.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 10:48 PM   #57
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

re: 2 abcesses -- OUCH.

One small one was plenty for me to deal with, two at a time sounds like it'd be a real bitch.
Old 09-07-2007, 11:41 PM   #58
StarBuck
H.S. Freshman Team

Best of luck. Elevated blood pressure can give you those headaches. Get well soon, take care of your health, you'll be fine. :-)

Edied: Maybe I should read the entire thread before posting and found out about your teeth. I was given Fentanyl inthe hospital once...wowie...I found out later I asked the surgeon and the OR staff what their favorite desserts were and invited them all to a David Bowie concert.

Last edited by StarBuck : 09-07-2007 at 11:45 PM.
StarBuck is offline   Reply With Quote