Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-06-2007, 08:37 PM   #1
rowech
Pro Starter

Fantasy Hockey Advice?

Okay....in my continuing hockey saga...what kind of strategy should I employ in a fantasy hockey league? It seems as if I should get a goalie in the first or second round? I also am thinking it could really be worth it to take defensemen in rounds 4 and 5 to get good stuff from those positions? Just looking for some thoughts.

rowech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 08:56 PM   #2
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowech View Post
Okay....in my continuing hockey saga...what kind of strategy should I employ in a fantasy hockey league? It seems as if I should get a goalie in the first or second round? I also am thinking it could really be worth it to take defensemen in rounds 4 and 5 to get good stuff from those positions? Just looking for some thoughts.

Well, if you get a couple stud goalies, you can win the goalie categories with ease but then you may be sacrificing player categories. As far as D goes, I'd say wait untill later and take some solid guys who score 40 or so points and are on good teams so they'll be likely to have +/-. As long as you're up near the top in G, A, PT you'll be fine. Don't pass on a 90 point winger for a 60 point D.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 07:53 AM   #3
Capital
High School Varsity

My strategy typically is to draft a goalie in the first round, stud offensive player in the second, then D in the 3rd if a top 1-3 is available. If not, then offense in the 3rd followed by defense in 3 of the next 5 rounds. I pick up a second goalie later in the draft. Of course, this depends on the scoring system but I use CBS Sportsline. Top D-Men help you significantly in A, PM, +/- and they are scarce.
Capital is offline   Reply With Quote