Hall Of Famer

NFL Week 1 TV Maps?

Anybody got them?

stevew is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 03:11 PM   #2
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

hxxp://www.the506.com

There's a discussion going on about it in the "The Legend of Pumpy Tudors" thread, but basically, the guy who does the maps doesn't allow them to be posted anywhere without his permission anymore.
Old 09-06-2007, 03:15 PM   #3
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 03:17 PM   #4
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

it can be done, if you feel like ignoring his plea

personally i dont even care, as i dont watch the nfl anymore
Old 09-06-2007, 03:19 PM   #5
Kodos
Resident Alien

Idiot soccer fan.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 03:23 PM   #6
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

The thing is, the map really isn't very useful if you don't make your own legend to go alongside it. He used to include the legend in the graphic, but he doesn't do that anymore. It's just not really worth the effort to re-host it someplace or (even worse) hotlinking his images. Links would serve the same purpose, and maybe I'll just start posting links to the maps.
Old 09-06-2007, 03:35 PM   #7
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Week 1 of Pumpy getting a meaningless Steelers game instead of his beloved Broncos.
stevew is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 03:37 PM   #8
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
Idiot soccer fan.

I still follow Rutgers football very closely and the occasional other various college fb game. IT's just the NFL that sucks massive balls to me now.

I will however, be glad to jump back on the bandwagon if the jets make the super bowl. i've put in my time enough already.
Old 09-06-2007, 03:48 PM   #9
Kodos
Resident Alien

Do you have Tivo? It really makes all the difference. You can blast through the ads.
Old 09-06-2007, 03:52 PM   #10
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Quote:
Do you have Tivo? It really makes all the difference. You can blast through the ads.

You've tried to sell me on this many times, but i'm just not interested. (I have a DVR, yes.)

It was attending a game in-person that put me over the edge. If i would never be interested in being there myself, I don't see the point in watching the game at all.
Old 09-06-2007, 03:52 PM   #11
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Based on that map, I get to watch the "red" game at either 1:00 pm or 4:00 pm EST. That's totally sweet...
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 04:00 PM   #12
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthomer5000 View Post
You've tried to sell me on this many times, but i'm just not interested. (I have a DVR, yes.)

It was attending a game in-person that put me over the edge. If i would never be interested in being there myself, I don't see the point in watching the game at all.

Ehh. I just thought your main objection was the pacing of the NFL games and too much advertising. Recording and watching without commercials seems to be a decent solution. If you'd rather watch guys run around and not score for 90 minutes and then settle the game in a shootout that has little to do with the regular game of soccer that was played in the previous 90 minutes, have at it.
Old 09-06-2007, 04:03 PM   #13
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Ah yes, the tired soccer argument gets trotted out. The NFL just isn't for me, but i'm not ripping the sport of football.

I have no idea why so many american sports fans feel the need to rip soccer. If it's not for you, just continue to ignore it. I don't see why one sport needs to suck in order to prop up (american) football.

edit: and not to mention there will be exactly 0 penalty shoot-outs in the entirety of an English Premier League or Spanish league season.

Last edited by cthomer5000 : 09-06-2007 at 04:06 PM.
Old 09-06-2007, 04:06 PM   #14
B & B
College Benchwarmer

Location: A sports era long ago when everything didnt require a Nike logo
This is bigger than one man's anti-NFL crusade, its about maps, and those maps have lots of different colors on em for the poor folks who cant afford Sunday Ticket.

Clark might get some of that yella, but I see red up in northern Oregon and that means one thing. Oregonians embrace the Vikings versus the Falcons and there newfound glorious QB, Joey Harrington. WOOOOT>$#$#($*
Old 09-06-2007, 04:11 PM   #15
Kodos
Resident Alien

Ah yes, the tired soccer argument gets trotted out. The NFL just isn't for me, but i'm not ripping the sport of football.

I have no idea why so many american sports fans feel the need to rip soccer. If it's not for you, just continue to ignore it. I don't see why one sport needs to suck in order to prop up (american) football.

Sorry, ct. I promise going forward I won't try to convert you back to being an NFL fan. It just seemed sad to me that you were once a big fan of the NFL but have lost interest. I honestly was just trying to help you get something back that you once really enjoyed. A pointless effort that I'll stop.

My rip on soccer was unneeded. You are right there. It is not my cup of tea, but most of the world seems to think it is fantastic.
Old 09-06-2007, 04:15 PM   #16
molson
General Manager

Aren't college football games longer than pro games?
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 04:17 PM   #17
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

I'm not really upset at losing my NFL fanhood.. I used to like foods I don't like now, I now like foods I didn't then... same with music, books, etc. I think it's just part of anyones natural progression to once in a while kind of re-evaluate or consciously think about why they are doing something.

Also, it was fun to recapture the excitement of sports by getting into a new one. I remember how cool it used to be to learn all kinds of ins and outs about the NFL rules, history, etc. I've learned an absurd amount about soccer in general, but mostly European soccer in the last 18 months or so. I've gone from a guy who only knew a handful of teams to one of the more informed fans of the sport I know. It made me feel like a kid again and just reminded me of why I love sports in general.
Old 09-06-2007, 04:17 PM   #18
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by B & B View Post
Clark might get some of that yella,

Excellent reference. I love that movie so much.
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 04:20 PM   #19
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
Aren't college football games longer than pro games?

The difference is I have a vested interest in Rutgers. I went there, I sat in near empty stadiums through 1-10 seasons. I was there through all that and still there last year when we beat a top 10 team (Louisville) on national TV to stay undefeated and move into a position to win the Big East. It was surreal to think about how far the football program had come in a quick time.

Also, much like women's tennis, i think there is something about college football where it's somehow more interesting to watch it played at a second tier of quality versus the undisputed best players/best teams. I can't put my finger on what exactly makes that the case, but i do feel that way for some reason.
Old 09-06-2007, 04:27 PM   #20
Subby
lolzcat

Quote:
Preach it.
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 04:39 PM   #21
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthomer5000 View Post
The difference is I have a vested interest in Rutgers. I went there, I sat in near empty stadiums through 1-10 seasons. I was there through all that and still there last year when we beat a top 10 team (Louisville) on national TV to stay undefeated and move into a position to win the Big East. It was surreal to think about how far the football program had come in a quick time.

Also, much like women's tennis, i think there is something about college football where it's somehow more interesting to watch it played at a second tier of quality versus the undisputed best players/best teams. I can't put my finger on what exactly makes that the case, but i do feel that way for some reason.

Some women tennis players are hot. Are some Rutgers football players hot too?
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 04:57 PM   #22
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Old 09-06-2007, 05:02 PM   #23
SunDevil
College Prospect

Why are you posting A-rods manly girlfriend in this thread?

BTW, we need the map color key for this thread.

HAY PUMPY, how much does it cost for you to use your bounty hunting skills and post the map color key?
That's a double whammy and I hate you.
SunDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 06:19 PM   #24
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
Based on that map, I get to watch the "red" game at either 1:00 pm or 4:00 pm EST. That's totally sweet...
I think that's the CBS map (I forget which game they have) and red is Flying Elvii vs. Jersey/B.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 06:23 PM   #25
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
I thought red was "Heidi"
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 08:04 PM   #26
VPI97
Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, Hi

I'll start a new thread and post the coverage maps at the top so people won't have to search.
VPI97 is offline   Reply With Quote