Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-17-2007, 12:17 PM   #1
MikeVic
Head Coach

Rock Band (the game)

I searched, but couldn't find a thread for this game? I thought we had one going...

Anyway, I saw that EBGames.com is taking preorders for it now. Released on November 20th, apparently.

The game is $60, drums and guitar are $80 each, and mic is $30. The bundle is $200, but separately everything would cost $250.

Can't believe it, but I will have to buy a 360 and the bundle when it comes out... combined with the trip I'm taking in November to Pennsylvania (or planning to at least), I'll be out a lot of money.

MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 12:20 PM   #2
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

jesus christ MikeVic. You can send me the money instead you know. That's a shitload of cash to be out for a GAME.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 12:21 PM   #3
MikeVic
Head Coach

It's not just a game... It's Rock Band!
Old 08-17-2007, 12:22 PM   #4
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Ooh, coming to Pennsylvania, are ya? Stop by the Pumpy Pad and say hi. Bring Skittles.
Old 08-17-2007, 12:22 PM   #5
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

lol

kudos to you for having a job where you can afford to spend that much

especially with the fact the peripherals will no-doubt be system-tied and won't work with whatever MS's next system is
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 12:26 PM   #6
MikeVic
Head Coach

I live at home, so I don't have to pay rent or anything like that...

My stance right now is to buy a 360 and the game, and partly because two friends have agreed to buy the game as well. But I'll wait for reviews and for them to actually buy it before I take the plunge too.
Old 08-17-2007, 12:28 PM   #7
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
Ooh, coming to Pennsylvania, are ya? Stop by the Pumpy Pad and say hi. Bring Skittles.

Skittles eh?

Haha, a friend actually works out there right now and I wanted to fly out to check out Philly, Pittsburgh, and watch a Steelers game. Two life goals were to watch The White Stripes perform and the Steelers play a home game... I could be done both this year.
Old 08-17-2007, 12:28 PM   #8
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVic View Post
I live at home, so I don't have to pay rent or anything like that...

My stance right now is to buy a 360 and the game, and partly because two friends have agreed to buy the game as well. But I'll wait for reviews and for them to actually buy it before I take the plunge too.

eh, start like an actual band then
Old 08-17-2007, 12:30 PM   #9
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkmsuf View Post
eh, start like an actual band then

Hmm...
Old 08-17-2007, 12:36 PM   #10
Pyser
Pro Rookie

this game will be a system seller for me as well.

but im thinking there will be a good deal much closer to release for the package.
Pyser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 12:37 PM   #11
MikeVic
Head Coach

Yeah, I'm really hoping they realize how big of a system seller this could be... and make a bundle with the 360....... but that's hoping.
Old 08-17-2007, 12:42 PM   #12
flounder
High School Varsity

This game is pretty much the entire reason I'm going to get a 360. Everything else points toward getting a PS3, but all my friends already have a 360. So it's 360 for me if I want to play this with them.
flounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 12:56 PM   #13
SackAttack
Head Coach

Let me put it this way.

E3 cost me $400...which was very nearly worth it all by itself just for the chance to play Rock Band on drums.

I'm currently trying to find a way to make it up to Redwood City next month for EA Showcase 07, just because Rock Band's going to be playable there. If I go, that'll cost me probably $100-120 for a plane ticket; possibly more if I rent a car.

But the game is just that damn good.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 01:01 PM   #14
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
kudos to you for having a job where you can afford to spend that much

especially with the fact the peripherals will no-doubt be system-tied and won't work with whatever MS's next system is
Yeah, this is a bummer. The PCI video card from my P2 system doesn't fit in my current computer's AGP slot either.

Quote:
Skittles eh?

Haha, a friend actually works out there right now and I wanted to fly out to check out Philly, Pittsburgh, and watch a Steelers game. Two life goals were to watch The White Stripes perform and the Steelers play a home game... I could be done both this year.
I'm not sure for how long you're going to be in Pennsylvania, but keep in mind that Pittsburgh and Philadelphia are on opposite sides of the state, roughly 6 hours apart by car. If you're gonna be down here long enough to see both places, great. If you're only gonna be here for a few days, though, that might not work out.

And how in the world does someone in Canada get a hold of Steelers tickets? I guess through your friend? I live an hour away from Pittsburgh, and I can't get my hands on Steelers tickets at all (not that I'm a Steelers fan or anything).

Last edited by Pumpy Tudors : 08-17-2007 at 01:01 PM.
Pumpy Tudors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 01:01 PM   #15
MJ4H
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
jesus christ MikeVic. You can send me the money instead you know. That's a shitload of cash to be out for a GAME.

No kidding. I am very glad this type of game doesn't interest me very much. I'm already apprehensive about spending whatever they are going to ask for Wii Fit.
MJ4H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 01:05 PM   #16
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

I'm probably going to end up getting the Rock Band bundle, also, if I can find someplace to put the damn thing in my house. I really don't have a lot of floor space.
Old 08-17-2007, 01:28 PM   #17
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Old 08-17-2007, 01:30 PM   #18
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkmsuf View Post
BUT I DON'T WANT TO LOOK LIKE A LOSER!!!
Old 08-17-2007, 02:03 PM   #19
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
Yeah, this is a bummer. The PCI video card from my P2 system doesn't fit in my current computer's AGP slot either.

I'm not sure for how long you're going to be in Pennsylvania, but keep in mind that Pittsburgh and Philadelphia are on opposite sides of the state, roughly 6 hours apart by car. If you're gonna be down here long enough to see both places, great. If you're only gonna be here for a few days, though, that might not work out.

And how in the world does someone in Canada get a hold of Steelers tickets? I guess through your friend? I live an hour away from Pittsburgh, and I can't get my hands on Steelers tickets at all (not that I'm a Steelers fan or anything).

Shit, really? My buddy lives in some area just outside of Philly... and he was under the impression it was a 3-hour drive to Pittsburgh. Well, we plan on going to the Ravens MNF game, so we can leave in the morning...

I was going to use a website like stubhub.com to get tickets... won't be good, and they'll be expensive... but I really want to see them play!!
Old 08-17-2007, 02:05 PM   #20
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
Shit, really? My buddy lives in some area just outside of Philly... and he was under the impression it was a 3-hour drive to Pittsburgh. Well, we plan on going to the Ravens MNF game, so we can leave in the morning...

I was going to use a website like stubhub.com to get tickets... won't be good, and they'll be expensive... but I really want to see them play!!

your buddy is an asshat

it's actually 4.5 hours.

300 miles. probably more than 4.5 with all that f-ing construction there.

Last edited by rkmsuf : 08-17-2007 at 02:08 PM.
rkmsuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 02:57 PM   #21
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

http://kotaku.com/gaming/dlc/gratefu...nd-296611.php\

18 Grateful Dead Songs will be part of the Downloadable/Purchaseable Content for Rock Band
Old 09-05-2007, 02:58 PM   #22
MikeVic
Head Coach

I skimmed, but didn't see a price attached... anyone know what these extra songs will cost?
Old 09-05-2007, 03:02 PM   #23
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I skimmed, but didn't see a price attached... anyone know what these extra songs will cost?

They haven't announced pricing for Downloadable Content.. I've heard a few things that they wanted to look at subscription based stuff if possible (IE, you pay $10/month or whatever and have access to everything..).. to try to get that steady WoW-like revenue stream, but with the sheer amount of stuff expected to be DLC, it may just be a-la-carte.
Old 09-05-2007, 03:04 PM   #24
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
They haven't announced pricing for Downloadable Content.. I've heard a few things that they wanted to look at subscription based stuff if possible (IE, you pay $10/month or whatever and have access to everything..).. to try to get that steady WoW-like revenue stream, but with the sheer amount of stuff expected to be DLC, it may just be a-la-carte.

Oh ok, thanks. I heard about that subscription thing too, as well as $10 a CD, or $1 a song...

I'm not sure I want to buy a whole other console, plus the $200 version of the game. But if I got the game, I'd definitely want the complete version.
Old 09-05-2007, 03:40 PM   #25
lighthousekeeper
College Starter

without knowing anything about this game, it sure sounds like a goldmine for whoever created it. pay for game, pay for peripherals... and pay for songs too?!
Old 09-05-2007, 03:46 PM   #26
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

I've already said it elsewhere about this game but they're in danger of pricing people right out. Charge people $20 more for a plastic guitar, people were ok with. Now it's going to be charge $100 more for an entire set of peripherals. But then it's going to be $10 for an unlockable CD and $3 an unlockable song or something like that, there's a limit to what people can afford.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 03:47 PM   #27
Easy Mac

How much will it cost to be able to play Allman Brothers songs.

And how long until the Arcade Fire version?
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 03:54 PM   #28
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by lighthousekeeper View Post
without knowing anything about this game, it sure sounds like a goldmine for whoever created it. pay for game, pay for peripherals... and pay for songs too?!

You pay for additional songs. The game comes with a bunch.
Old 09-05-2007, 03:55 PM   #29
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
I've already said it elsewhere about this game but they're in danger of pricing people right out. Charge people $20 more for a plastic guitar, people were ok with. Now it's going to be charge $100 more for an entire set of peripherals. But then it's going to be $10 for an unlockable CD and $3 an unlockable song or something like that, there's a limit to what people can afford.

SI

Yeah I agree. I was 100% going to get it, and a 360 just to play it... now I think about it, and I'd have to buy that wireless adapter, XBox Live, and eventually the downloadable songs... and it's putting me off.
Old 09-05-2007, 04:14 PM   #30
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:

SI

Guitar Hero III: $100 next-gen (especially if you want a wireless guitar on Xbox 360).

Rock Band: ~$200 next-gen.

Seen from that perspective, it's a relative bargain.

As far as extra songs goes, Guitar Hero II on the Xbox 360 had around 80 songs before you start getting intothe three-song DLC packs. Plenty of music to rock to. I expect Rock Band to be the same way, and I expect them to make oodles of cash on DLC for people who want new music or whose favorite song didn't ship with the game.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 04:16 PM   #31
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack View Post
Guitar Hero III: $100 next-gen (especially if you want a wireless guitar on Xbox 360).

As far as extra songs goes, Guitar Hero II on the Xbox 360 had around 80 songs before you start getting intothe three-song DLC packs. Plenty of music to rock to. I expect Rock Band to be the same way, and I expect them to make oodles of cash on DLC for people who want new music or whose favorite song didn't ship with the game.

What do the three-song DLC packs go for on the 360?
Old 09-05-2007, 04:25 PM   #32
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
What do the three-song DLC packs go for on the 360?

$10 for 3 songs. Just a bit steep...

SI

Old 09-05-2007, 04:26 PM   #33
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
$10 for 3 songs. Just a bit steep...

SI

Oh geez, that's very steep for me. I know I'd buy a song and play it once or twice. I'd contemplate $1 a song... so more than $3 a song would suck.
Old 09-05-2007, 04:27 PM   #34
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack View Post

Let's be honest. GH was 30 songs, GH2 was 40 songs, and GH:Encore was 30 songs. The extra crap was pretty much just that. A couple of interesting novelty songs that would have been blasted had they been on the track list. It's not as if there were 80 legit songs (tho, iirc, didn't GH2 for the 360 have 48 games in the actual game).

Also, nothing is a $200 bargain, particularly with the Wii sitting out there at $250.

It's a fun ride and one of the best series to come out in quite some time but Rock Band is going to be the end of this run (albeit, what an end!). They're going to badly overextend and there will be no reason to get whatever a sequel is and no reason to develop the series further.

SI

Last edited by sterlingice : 09-05-2007 at 04:27 PM.
Old 09-05-2007, 04:30 PM   #35
lighthousekeeper
College Starter

i know it's been said before in this thread, but it really begs the question, why not just form a real band? i would think a real band would be more fun/fulfilling and also have much greater chance of scoring real groupies.
Old 09-05-2007, 04:34 PM   #36
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
i know it's been said before in this thread, but it really begs the question, why not just form a real band? i would think a real band would be more fun/fulfilling and also have much greater chance of scoring real groupies.

Too much time commitment. There's no way I have time after work to learn to play the drums, a guitar, or sing well.
Old 09-05-2007, 04:45 PM   #37
Pyser
Pro Rookie

Quote:

why not just join a football league instead of playing madden?
Pyser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 04:53 PM   #38
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

BTW, Harmonix wasn't the one who set the DLC prices for X360, if memory serves me correctly..
Old 09-05-2007, 05:03 PM   #39
JHandley
High School Varsity

Quote:

$300 for the 360 and $250 to play one game. Going to Stubhub.com to buy last minute, Monday Friggin' Night Football tickets for the Steelers.

Seriously, you keep this up and I'm getting on the horn with the ol' man telling him to clear out space in the basement.
JHandley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 11:15 PM   #40
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHandley View Post
$300 for the 360 and $250 to play one game. Going to Stubhub.com to buy last minute, Monday Friggin' Night Football tickets for the Steelers.

Seriously, you keep this up and I'm getting on the horn with the ol' man telling him to clear out space in the basement.

I live at home, but not in the basement.

I'm seriously doubting I'd get another console just for Rock Band at this point. I don't play video games much as it is, so it's not like I'd be playing the other games on the 360 that I've wanted to try.

I would've bought the Steelers tickets already, but I'm not sure if I can get that time off yet. Which sucks. It would make my year complete to see that game. I also have to buy a plane ticket, but don't need a hotel while there.
Old 09-05-2007, 11:30 PM   #41
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Mac View Post
How much will it cost to be able to play Allman Brothers songs.

And how long until the Arcade Fire version?

They would need a few more instruments for the Arcade Fire version