Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-04-2007, 05:42 PM   #1
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Salt Lake City Sights

GoldenEagle and I are going to Salt Lake city for a couple of days next week and was wondering if anybody knew of any attractions that were must see. We are flying into Salt Lake at noon on the 8th and driving to Yellowstone for a couple days, then we are driving back to Salt Lake on 12th and spending the day there. So we basically have two days to enjoy Utah. 1/4 of my family is Mormon so we are going to the Mormon Tabernacle, and GE wants to see the Great Salt Lake, but that is all we have planned so far. Any suggestions on what to do and where to go would be appreciated!

LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 06:28 PM   #2
BYU 14
Coordinator

Park City is a must, nice scenery, some cool little Shops and the best Micro Breweries in the State if you like to party a little bit. It's only about 20-25 minutes from Salt Lake and a nice way to spend the day.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 08:56 PM   #3
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Thanks BYU, that is on top of our to do list now, we found a website on Park City and it looks awesome.

I am really surprised there aren't more members of FOFC that live in or around Salt Lake
Old 08-05-2007, 09:26 PM   #4
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Well, I will be coming back into SLC on the 12th, depending on the time, we could meet up in SLC for Drinks or something on the 12th.

As for things to see in SLC, it all depends on what your into, honestly, let GE know he will get the best view of the Great Salt Lake on your landing, it's not the greatest, but if you choose to check it out, head to the Saltair, it has a lot of historical information on the Great Salt Lake and the resort it once was.

the Hogle Zoo is a pretty cool zoo as well, with a Birds of Prey show going on, where they have trained birds flying just above your head.

Park City is a must have, and while you are there, visit the factory outlet stores, take advantage of the Nike, Fossil, and Banana Republic stores if you can. While your there, check out Olympic Park, you will see some awesome stuff.

I live about 45 minutes south of SLC and where I live on Sunday there is absolutely nothing to do.

You do have a theme park just north of SLC called Lagoon, historically it has been an awesome place for musical acts, but now, it's all about the fun rides.

The Salt Lake Bees (Baseball) are home that day and the game starts at 2:05pm.

There is the living aquarium exhibit (Raising money for the Aquarium) that is kind of cool, but a little pricey.

As far as micro-brews, you want to either check out Squatters or Wasatch.

Food wise in SLC, depends on what you like to eat, at the Hotel Monaco, they have an amazing resturaunt, and then Ichibans is one of the best Sushi places I have been too, they fly the fish in every morning.

I am trying to think of other things, but unless you are into Mountain Biking, Fishing, or Rock Climbing, its hard for me to think of it....oh, check out Snowbird, they have a tram that takes you to the top, and lets you overlook the entire valley.
Old 08-07-2007, 12:23 PM   #5
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

We are driving to a cabin in Idaho for the 9-12th and after spending those days with my family GE and I will definitely be interested in hitting up one of those micro breweries. And we are huge baseball fans so if we get back into SLC by 2 then I am sure we will go to that game. Thanks for all these great ideas Macro, you are better than any of the websites we have visited about Salt Lake so far.

Last edited by LoneStarGirl : 08-07-2007 at 12:23 PM.
Old 08-07-2007, 12:36 PM   #6
rkmsuf
Head Coach

You saw a forgery.

This is the real deed.

There's Swarthout's name.

If this were legible,
you'd see what I meant.

This dog tried to bite me.

The motel, my car.

The Mormon Tabernacle.