Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-10-2003, 12:00 AM   #1
Happy29
In The Penalty Box

Location: To reveal my location, you must decipher a series of traps, each more deadly than the last.
"JAG" Actor dies

I found this while looking around in AOL.

LOS ANGELES (June 9) - Australian actor Trevor Goddard, who played Lt. Cmdr. Mic Brumby on the long-running CBS series "JAG," was found dead at his North Hollywood home of a suspected drug overdose, authorities said on Monday.

Goddard's girlfriend discovered his body lying on a bed at about noon on Sunday, Los Angeles County coroner's office spokesman Craig Harvey said.

A preliminary investigation indicated his death was a possible suicide by an overdose of as-yet unknown "illicit, illegal" drugs, Harvey said.

Notes were discovered at Goddard's home, but investigators did not characterize them as suicide notes, he said. "There was nothing in the notes indicating that he meant to take his life," Harvey said. The notes were addressed to a friend.

Investigators think Goddard died sometime after 9 p.m. on Saturday after having a telephone conversation with a friend from his home, Harvey said. An autopsy is set for Tuesday.

A former professional boxer, Goddard was "discovered" while competing at a light-heavyweight bout and asked to appear in a series of beer commercials, according to his Web site.

He built a career on portraying villains in many of Hollywood's top action movies, including tough-guy Kano in New Line Cinema's "Mortal Kombat."

He was best known to U.S. audiences from his recurring small screen role as Mic Brumby on the military drama "Jag" from 1998 to 2001. Goddard had just completed work on "Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl" with Johnny Depp and Orlando Bloom.

Happy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2003, 02:20 AM   #2
damnMikeBrown
College Benchwarmer

didn't he just pop up in a recent floor cleaning commercial? He looked like he was wearing a UPS uniform, shorts & all, but he was hawking something. I'm seeing it in a kitchen, but I don't exactly remember what the product was.
damnMikeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2003, 02:23 AM   #3
Happy29
In The Penalty Box

Location: To reveal my location, you must decipher a series of traps, each more deadly than the last.
I'm pretty damn sure it was Mr. Clean.
Happy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2003, 09:36 AM   #4
ctmason
High School JV

It was some floor mop, I want to say dirt devil, but it might have been Mr. Clean. It was a Swiffer mop take-off.

This is sad. I watched a lot of JAG a few years ago, and I always felt that this actor brought something different to the series.
ctmason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2003, 11:21 AM   #5
MrBug708
Head Coach

Wow, quite shocking
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2003, 12:40 PM   #6
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Originally posted by ctmason
It was some floor mop, I want to say dirt devil, but it might have been Mr. Clean. It was a Swiffer mop take-off.

This is sad. I watched a lot of JAG a few years ago, and I always felt that this actor brought something different to the series.

Was it the one where the kangaroo went hopping across the kitchen and then a big, strapping Aussie dude whips out an electric floor cleaner and cleans it up?

If so, that commercial sucks...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote