Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-20-2007, 12:35 PM   #1
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Senator's Face The Board Answers

Represent Senator...represent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgerchick View Post
So you magnificent bastard... where in TX do you live and are you a native?

I live in northwest Fort Worth on a beautiful lake called Eagle Mountain. I am a native Texan, and despite its shortcomings, I love my state.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgerchick
What kind of movies do you like? Recommend 3 please so I can place them on our Netflix queue.

I tend to be drawn to movies that inspire. I am a real sucker for feel good movies. But, with a 1 year old, most of my movie watching tends to have a cartoon-like quality to them. But, in the interest of being coolly obscure, I will toss the following movies against the wall for review:
Untergang, Der – Also known as Downfall.
The Miracle Mile
First Person series by Errol Morris.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flere-imsaho View Post
What's the latest with your brother (the football player)? (Apologies if you've recently updated your dynasty and I've not seen it.)

For those who don’t know the reference, my brother went back to college after a an unimaginable set of hurdles and circumstances, and was able to play football for a school that ended up winning back to back conference championships after almost 80 years of losing seasons.

After graduation, he took a defensive line coaching position near Houston, Texas. This is his second year to coach, and he has already been offered, and accepted the position of defensive coordinator for the Garrison Bulldogs. His meteoric rise continues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgfan View Post
what better hornsmaniac or IMetTrentGreen?

You know, I have always had pride in my ability to handle almost any personality in a civil and respectable way. But, I have eternal self shame for allowing these two individuals to ruin many enjoyable trips to the nirvana of my favorite message board. And, of course, the irony of the situation is that these guys are “supposed” Texas fans. We should be a united front against the oppressive east coast media bias against our beloved school. Instead, I led the charge for a community ban against the first one, and a blanket community ignore on the second. I will answer the question with a question. what better toe jam or rickets?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgfan
What's your favorite story from your college era?

I am now old enough to have an era. The one that crosses my mind more than the others, for the “sheer freedom of youth” of it, is I had a Plant Biology class with five of my friends. We decided to skip it, and drove to a Texas Ranger game in Arlington to see one of Nolan Ryan’s last games before he retired. It was awesome watching him pitch live. TV’s never did his velocity pitch justice. We got back about two in morning, and the guys said, “Let’s drive to Boys Town in Mexico.” One of my friends and I had a double date with a couple of girl’s we had been chasing all semester the following night, so we were a little skeptical about the whole thing. We shot down the highway, into the deep dark Texas south. At some point, someone pulled out about a 100 count of powdered donuts. Now, mixed with beer, it had about 100% kill rate on us all. We were trying to make good time, so we would just roll down the window and throw up. Eventually, we made it to the border, Nuevo Laredo, very early in the morning. One of the guys started asking around about “boys town”, and a cab driver offered to show us for 20 bucks. As we followed this beat up cab down a few back streets, we had the good sense to realize this was how every good horror movie starts. And besides, we weren’t quite sure what we were going to do once we got to “boys town”, but the thought seemed a lot better than the reality. We shot gunned back across the border, but not before buying a newspaper. Then one of my idiot friends took a wrong turn, and we ended up on a small road that was blocked off by the border patrol. The patrol walks up, sees the vomit all over the side of the car, empty beer cans on the floor board, and says, “Can you boys step out fer a few seconds, an let us check yer car?” All four of us looked over at the sleeping mass that was Trey Cerano. We woke him up, and said, “Considering where we are, man, I sure hope you brought some I.D.” They checked the trunk, and our driver’s licenses. Then the older one said, “You got a lot of bugs on yer windshield, you need to get em off before you run into someone and give em a bad day.” My brain dead friend, Rick, walks over to the car, grabs a beer, opens it up, and pours it on the windshield to get the bugs off, right in front of the officer. I mentally prepared for jail. But, the old guy said, “Get outta here.” At this point, I had about enough. I was exhausted, but I was not going to miss my date. So, I became the ass of the trip, imploring us to get the hell back home. I decided to take a quick nap, and the next thing I knew Jeff was waking me up, and after clearing my eyes, realized I was looking at the ocean. “Where are WE?” I screamed. “Corpus Christi,” said Rick. I got out the car, took some sand, and put it in a baggy. I began one of my best impromptu speeches ever. I talked about brotherhood, glorious times, and the incredibly hot Stacey I was going to miss out on, because of scum bag pieces of shite I was surrounded by. They promised to get me home in time. We pulled back into home about 6:20pm. I had my date at 7:00, but I called and asked if I could pick her up at 7:30. I hop in the shower, take a few Vivarin, and pick up Stacey. After I told her where I had been, she didn’t believe me. So, I pulled out the morning’s newspaper from Neuvo Laredo, and the bag of Corpus Christi sand, and I could have sworn, at that moment, she decided to sleep with me. The end.

Quote:
What's your most memorable/funniest/weirdest date (pick any or all)?

Most of mine deal with being in a very enviable position with a girl, and finding a way to blow it. What I consider funny now, but not then, was the following story. A beautiful raven haired girl named Valerie consented to go out with me. I professed to be an expert at horse racing, and she wanted very much to go, as she had never been. The last race, I decided to bet big on the superfecta. I told her, if I won, I would give her half. I saw the twinkle of love through the distribution of my wealth in her eyes. The superfecta consists of picking the top four horses. I keyed the horse I thought would win, and wheeled four others. So, what needed to happen, was the horse I keyed needed to come in first, and the four others could come in any order, as long as it was second, third, and fourth. Things get a little fuzzy at this point. I remember seeing the horses down the home stretch. The horse I need to win bounding to the front, making me search the equine traffic jam for my other horses. There was another, and another, and ANOTHER! I began the jump of joy. She screamed. We hugged, we kissed, and we danced. People congratulated us. I puffed out my chest. And on the board came the payoff. $13,700 dollars. She screamed again. Suddenly out of this beautiful creature came comments regarding a lobster and champagne dinner, followed by a stay in the Hilton to celebrate. The recollection is blurry, but I might have moon walked and did the Billy White Shoes dance as we were walking to the ticket counter to collect. I told her that taxes would eat some, but it looked like after the split the books for the semester would be paid for. I smugly handed my ticket to the cashier, pulled out my license and social security card, and waited to count the money. “This isn’t a winner,” the cashier said. I felt my knees give way. I had the key horse, and second, and third, and FIFTH. The horse I needed to get fourth, got fifth, and so, my ticket was useless. To this day, I don’t know why I thought I had it. As I began to explain the reality of the situation to Valerie, I could have sworn, at that moment, she decided NOT to sleep with me. The end.

Quote:
What are your favorite places to visit? What are your favorite spots in Texas?
My family has a cabin in the mountains of Cloudcroft, New Mexico that is a retreat for me. I like the coast of California. Hwy. 1 and Napa Valley are a pretty good way to spend a day.

My favorite parts of Texas are the Hill Country. One day in the future, I am going to spend a month driving those beautiful back roads.

Quote:
What career paths might you have taken if you weren't doing what you do now?
Head football coach at a small Texas town. If I had to live my life over, making money would not have won out over doing this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter_of_69 View Post
Where are the stars at night small and dim?
Anywhere in Oklahoma.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter_of_69
If I need to be declared legally disabled to get bogus... I mean, legitimate Social Security checks, could you help me out with that?
PM me, dude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIJB#19 View Post
How did you discover FOF?

I think it was in 1997 or 98 I found an interview Jim did about FOF 1 coming out by searching for “football simulations”. It sounded like my dream game. I bought it, and shortly after found the old Sidelines board. Poof! Where did the time go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIJB#19
What part of FOF do you like most?
I really have enjoyed multi-player quite a bit, much more than I anticipated. My favorite thing to attempt involves not having to rebuild or draft a team to succeed. I like to find the right mix of players to be competitive every year by picking up a key guy in free agency or a grabbing a player dropped by someone else. It is not the proven formula, but I love being a consistent playoff contender when others are wondering how I do it.

Quote:
Major Applewhite or Major Applewhite?
Somebody had to be my favorite college player of all time. I pick Major.

Quote:
Bud Pitts or Dan Mobley?
Michael Fau.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKooter View Post
Is the Senator ever gonna make a run for President?
No. I am not willing to pay the fee. Maybe state senator some day, if an issue really gets me going.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKooter
Do you remember the Alamo?
Every damn day.

Quote:
John Wayne or Marion Morrison?
John Wayne. We call my dad that behind his back.

Quote:
Strangest thing you've ever seen?
One of my brother’s friends making out with Sandra Bullock at a bar near Austin.

Quote:
Favorite TV show/movie growing up and favorite TV show/movie now?
Little kid, I loved Speed Racer.
Growing up I watched Family Ties, because Alex P. Keaton made me laugh.
Now, I really enjoyed the whole Soprano’s ride.

Quote:
3 things you would like to do before you die?
1. See my son raised
2. Travel Europe with my wife
3. Catch a football pass from Roger Staubach

Quote:
Favorite non alcoholic beverage?

Iced Tea. When I was in Boston, I asked for it, and was given the strangest looks. They brought me hot tea and a glass with ice in it.

Quote:
Favorite style (after it has been prepared and cooked) of potato?
I like cheese, sour cream, and pepper on a hot baked potato.

Quote:
What sports did you play growing up?
I started competitive tackle football at 4 years old. When it was said and done, I played 18 years of football.
I ran track – high and intermediate hurdles from 7th grade through my senior year in high school.
I played basketball from 5th grade through my senior year in high school.
I played baseball from 5th grade through my senior year of high school.

Quote:
What's you're favorite and least favorite thing about Texas?
My favorite thing is the diversity. I have always been around diverse cultures, and it has made me feel very comfortable in most surroundings.
The least favorite thing is the traffic. In the big cities, it is hell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terpkristin View Post
Since I know nothing about you, I want you to tell me 3 things you think it's crucial for me to know so that I may know the "real you."
I was told there would be no questions that would require self evaluation. Ok, let me see.
1. I am known for being fiercely loyal.
2. More than half my life was devoted to playing football.
3. I have a library in my house with many thousands of books, most of which I have read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terpkristin
What is/was the inspiration for your screenname?
I used to be quite active in politics. I ran several successful campaigns in the 90’s, and was the youngest delegate at the 1992 National Convention. Because of my youth, everyone seemed to call me Senator, and it has stuck, despite the fact I am less involved in politics now. I think a more appropriate, up to date name, would be He Who Changes Diapers.

Quote:
What is your favorite food that a family member (mom, dad, significant other, whatever) cooks for you?
If I was on death row, I have always said this; I would want my mom’s homemade tacos. When I eat these things, I lose all sense of propriety. I mean, I make myself sick eating them because they are so good. She does things with the meat, and shells, ect. Words won’t do it justice.

Quote:
What are your top 5 movies all time? Note, they do not have to be ranked unless you feel like doing so.
I won’t rank them, but some may sound really stupid, but they have a meaning to me for personal reasons.
1. Godfather
2. Chariots of Fire
3. Fandango
4. Slapshot
5. Hoosiers
6. Vision Quest – friends with the author

Quote:
What color are your eyes?
Blue. About all I have going for me.

Quote:
Without Googling, who are the senators from TX (or wherever you're currently residing)?
John Cornyn – who I don’t know personally and
Kay Bailey Hutchison – who I do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
Outside of family members, who is the most interesting person you have ever met (and why?)

The writer, David McCullough. I could spend 1000 hours talking to him about things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs
If only one of your teams, college or pro, could win a championship during the rest of your lifetime, who would you pick?
For a Cowboy fan, we have waited long enough, don’t you think? Well, don’t you???

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3ric View Post
If I get tagged at an US airport as a potential terrorist, can I call you?
Confess your crimes, and I will make sure they go easy on you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solecismic View Post
If you were to work on a political simulation like Front Office Football, how would you design the game? What elements of your experiences would you incorporate?
Damn you, sir. Turning the microscope around on me!
I have always felt it is a tough experience to capture, because the elements of politics that are reality would bore the average person. You spend most of your time raising money. It is such a big part of the day to day of a typical campaign. If you are really interested in my thoughts on this, please PM me, and I will give a true and detailed report, but I don’t think I could do it justice here. From my experience, getting positive press, advertising, and fundraisers – both private and public – were the constant big three of a campaign.

Quote:
Crap, I forgot my questions by the deadline.

No problem. I always can make time for a fellow Texan.

Quote:
What do you do for a living? Do you like it? What would be your dream job if no?
I am an executive at a defense company. Currently, I focus on the airborne division of the company.
I would coach football if I had it to do all over again. Bullocks to money.

Quote:
If your vacuum cleaner really sucks, is it a bad thing?
What is this vacuum cleaner of which you speak?

Quote:
Would you put granola as topping on your ice cream?
I am not opposed to such a topping, though my first choice would be the more healthy but lesser known “hot fudge”.

Quote:
Favorite alcoholic beverage? How many shots before you feel a good buzz?
I like wine, but almost always with a good meal. My favorite beer is Dos Equis. I walk away from shots of the hard stuff. My high school football team went 9-1 and lost going to the playoffs on a coin flip. To me, this was death. My friends and I broke training, going on a weekend drinking binge, with about every kind of liquor imaginable. It was the first and last time I drank myself into a passed out stupor. If one of my friends hadn’t the foresight to put me on my stomach, I would not be here today. I woke up in a pretty bad way. I spent the next three days shaking in bed with alcohol poisoning. It was not my proudest moment, but I am happy it happened. To this day, a shot of tequila will send me to the bathroom. Serves me right.

Quote:
Favorite Antmeister parody. ?
That is like choosing a child; I don’t think I can do it. They are all laced with genius. If I just had to choose one, the Maximum Football one was so cleverly done, I put it in my “Best of the Net” download folder on my computer.

Quote:
How old a man are you?
It starts with a 3.

Quote:
Are you married? If so, how did you meet your wife? Do you have any kids?
Yes, her name is Melody. We met at work, but were both seeing other people. We kept in touch, and the second we were free, we started seeing each other. We have a son, named Brooks, who will turn ONE on June 27. It has been a heck of a ride.

Quote:
I noticed one of your interests is writing, why is the word "abbreviation" so damn long?
One of my first acts as President will be to change this silly word to “abb”, and I believe we will all understand what it means, and be happy. My second act will be to swim naked in the White House pool.

Quote:
Ever grabbed a few cookies and poured yourself a big 'ol glass of milk only to find out you have milk leftover and have to grab some more cookies to finish off the milk? Happens to me everytime.

Speaking of cookies, which are your favorite? Do you dunk your cookies in milk?

Well, the first mistake you made was grabbing a “few” cookies. Economy of effort dictates you get more cookies than milk. You probably won’t have any left over, but it is easier to put cookies back in the shelf, than milk back in the carton.

Oreo Double Stuff – and – oh yes, there is dunking like Jordan going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antmeister View Post
What exactly do you do (work related of course)?
See above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antmeister
Have you participated in any MMORPGs and which ones?
The only one I ever tried was Everquest 2. Though I saw the appeal, the commitment of time to it was way more than I could ever hope to have at this time in my life. I get my free time in spurts, and unlike FOF, where I can print out my team and review stats, ect., I can’t do that with these types of games. They are pretty impressive, but I watch from a distance.

Quote:
What are all the text sims that you currently play?
FOF, obviously, but right now, not solo, only in a league.
I have a very slow OOTP 2007 game going. I started awhile back in 1920, and I am still there.
I will be giving Football Manager another run at some point.

Those 3 are the only games I even have on my PC.

Quote:
Name your 3 most favorite sports?

Football, Baseball, Soccer

Quote:
Happiest moment of your early life (1 - 5 years old), younger years (6 -10 years old), preteen/teenage years (10 - 18), 20's and 30's.

Ages 1-5: I am pretty sure the moment I stopped shitting in my pants, and was able to go on my own.

6-10: When I was 6, my parents got me a box set of that year’s Topps football cards. I usually spent all my time scrimping and saving to buy a simple pack of 15 cards, and here on Christmas day, the entire lot landed in my lap. I still have them.

Ages 10-18: Ahh, Mindy Smith. Thank you. But, besides that glorious creature, if there is a heaven, I hope I get a chance to play football in the front yard with my brother like I did during these years. We had more fun than any brothers who ever lived.

20’s: Girls.

Late 20’s, early 30’s: Easily the happiest moments have been my wife marrying me and my son being born. I don’t deserve that much happiness.

Quote:
What did you choose your screen name?
See above.

Quote:
What would you do with your spare time if the FOFC ceased to exist?
Spend it at the International House of Football website.

Quote:
Do you have any siblings?
One younger sister and one younger brother.

Quote:
Do you own any pets?
A cat named Aero. I have about 100 acres we are going to build our dream house on in the next couple of years, and then, my friend, the age of the dog, will return.

Quote:
How would you describe your personality? How would your friends?
I have transformed. When I was younger, I was the class clown, everything is a joke, let’s have fun, kind of person. But, as I started to get more responsibility at home and in my career, you have to be focused, and I have found myself much more serious than I ever thought I would be.
My friends classify me as a focused overachiever that has some sort of deep seeded need for success clearly related to feelings of inadequacy as a child.
My friends are mostly rejects.

Quote:
If someone had taken a Polaroid of the one of the saddest days of your life, how would you describe the image?
Obviously, shattered. Death and I have never been friends.

Quote:
Any events in your life that didn't work out for you, but ended up putting you in a better situation?
The biggest. I dated a girl for over 5 years, and was SURE we would be married, and live the fairy tale life. It didn’t happen, and I was really devastated. I couldn’t imagine anyone else, and I thought I had missed my chance at happiness and love. But, goofy clown of fate I was, I met my future wife, and a series of odd occurrences happened to get us together. I wish I could go back to myself at that time and tell me that the good stuff is ahead, not behind.

Quote:
How long have you been married?
Going on 7 years.

Quote:
How often are you going to quiz your son on sports history as he is growing up?
Hopefully not so much, I drive him away from it all.

Quote:
Do you plan to have any children?
Did you mean anymore? I would like my son to have sister of brother, but we don’t know. We are just getting this guy on his feet, right now.

Quote:
What is background of the family that you grew up in?
Nothing special, sadly. Hard workers, my dad’s side has been in Texas forever, and my mom’s side is from Michigan. I, my brother, and my sister are the first ones to graduate college in the history of the family – both sides – that I know of. That causes me real consternation sometimes, wondering why we had to be the first ones to really break out.

Quote:
How many times have you been married?
Just this time.

Quote:
What series of events led you to interviewing war veterans?
I lived in a rental home before I was married, in a very nice part of Fort Worth, called Westover Hills. The guy I rented the house from was 80 years old, and I knew he was one of the four founding guys from Radio Shack. What I didn’t know, was that he was an officer during the entire war, on the U.S.S. Indianapolis. He was there during the Battle of Midway, was a flagship of Admiral Spruance for a time, and was hit full throttle by a Kamikaze. It also delivered the Atom Bomb, and was sunk by the Japanese on the way home, leaving most of the survivors in the water to be eaten by sharks. No one had ever recorded his story. I thought this was a travesty, and one thing led to another, resulting in a book of recorded stories.

Quote:
What are the headaches and joys coaching a bunch of kids?
The real headaches are the parents. Pure and simple. The kids are so fun to be around and are energetic, hilarious, and alive that you feel good being around them. On the balance, it was one of the most enjoyable things I have been a part of the past 5 years.

Quote:
Any old girlfriends that make you cringe when you think about them and for what reasons?
The one I still get grief from my friends about is this girl in college that came to be known by us as “Fatal Attraction”. I bought her lunch one time, thinking she was cute, and maybe I wanted to get to know her. From the lunch I knew, not for me, and then spent the rest of the semester trying to get her to understand that. I was playing mixed doubles tennis, and would suddenly see her staring several courts away with her hands grasping the fence. I called out to her, and she ran, got into her car and peeled out. A week later, I got up from my duplex at 7 in the morning to grab the newspaper on the front lawn, and she was sitting in her car watching the house.

Quote:
Do you have any tattoos and/or piercings?
No, I consider myself a rebel in this area.

Quote:
Are you a native Texan or a transplant?
Texan, born and raised.

Quote:
What kind of music are you into?
This is cliché, but I like it all. In my past life, I paid for some of my college by playing drums in a house band. We played every type of music, and I really became appreciative of the different styles. But, to give you an idea, I consider the term “a Beatles rip-off” band, a compliment. If you sound like the Beatles, you have my money.

Quote:
How many places have you lived at throughout your lifetime?
I have lived many different places, but the Fort Worth/Arlington area has been the bulk of my moves.

Quote:
You said you had an old friend in this band named "No More Kings". Which person are you speaking about and how did you come to know him?
The old friend was Johnny from the Karate Kid, because I use the line, “sweep the leg” as a default comment on the FOFC board.

Quote:
Is there one job/career that you are heavily considering to dive into or have you already found your niche in life?
If I ever feel we are financially set, I will go and coach football in some little town in Texas. I don’t think I have hit a plateau in my career arc, so who is to say where it will lead me. I have had some pretty interesting jobs up to this point. I keep getting tested, and so far I am living up to it.

Quote:
How many sports did you participate in your lifetime?
Football, basketball, track, baseball

Quote:
Since we have decided to get rid of cable for a year (started about 3 months ago), what were some of the benefits of doing without since you done it for about 6 months back in the day?
Well, I had a brand new home, and my list of things to do was pretty formidable. I really didn’t miss it. I worked out more, read more, talked to my wife more. It was not bad until football season crept up, and my will was broken.

Quote:
Have you had any issues with the in-laws or have they always been supportive?
None. My wife’s father passed away suddenly a week before she graduated high school, so I never knew him personally. I think we would have been friends, though. Her mom has never remarried, and she is a super person. She is my second mom. When I hear some of the horror stories people go through, I remember how lucky I am. Now, pose this same question to my wife, and you may get a totally different answer.

Quote:
Why are you such a magnificent bastard?
I learned it from watching you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
Ok, I found some Scotch and I thought of a question.

Which DEFENSIVE position are you best equipped MENTALLY to play in the NFL?

Which OFFENSIVE position are you best equipped MENTALLY to play in the NFL?

Are you saying my 6’3, 225 pounds frame would not physically handle the NFL? Or my now 5.5 wind aided forty would have something to do with it?
Ok. Mentally – free safety on defense and quarterback on offense.
I have always been a student of the game, and leadership interests me. These two positions are probably closest to my mental makeup.

Scotch on!

Antmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 12:58 PM   #2
NoMyths
Poet in Residence

Great reading, Senator.
NoMyths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 01:01 PM   #3
Logan
Head Coach

Wednesday is the best day of the week because of this stuff. Thanks.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 01:22 PM   #4
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

"3. Catch a football pass from Roger Staubach"

I caught a baseball he tossed. One of his kids played my brother's t-ball team, and he and my mom kept score together. He tossed a ball to me to take to the dugout.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 02:55 PM   #5
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Nice and very enjoyable as well.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 03:16 PM   #6
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Awesome - great stories and a very good read overall.
dawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 03:53 PM   #7
Radii
Head Coach

Absolutely wonderful stories, great read Senator.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 03:59 PM   #8
CamEdwards
Stadium Announcer

All great, except for the line about stars being small and dim in Oklahoma.
Old 06-20-2007, 04:05 PM   #9
vtbub
College Starter

Cloudcroft is a wonderful place. Spent Christmas 1979 there.

vtbub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 04:31 PM   #10
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamEdwards View Post
All great, except for the line about stars being small and dim in Oklahoma.

Yep, I agree. It wasn't great, it was the greatest part of the article.

Great stuff, fellow native Texan.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 04:53 PM   #11
MIJB#19
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator
Michael Fau
I knew it!

And may I say, some answers were much longer than I'd ever expect to see you write. Aside from dynasty writing of course. Thanks for being so open!
MIJB#19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 07:47 PM   #12
korme
Go Reds

I'm glad I picked you, that was a good read. My favorite was the Boys Town piece. I really thought it was going to end up that the newspaper had some murder story with Boys Town involved. Instead, you got laid. Much better ending.
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 08:19 PM   #13
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Wow...finally got a chance to read the whole thing. Great job sir. The college flashback was hilarious and I must say you must really love coaching. It doesn't seem too late to get into that, by the way. Fantastical read.
Old 06-20-2007, 08:26 PM   #14
Lorena
Unregistered

Very entertaining read Senator, thanks.

Quote:
Well, I had a brand new home, and my list of things to do was pretty formidable. I really didn’t miss it. I worked out more, read more, talked to my wife more. It was not bad until football season crept up, and my will was broken.

Yup, that's what I'm afraid of. We missed the basketball playoffs and didn't care, but football, oh boy, that's gonna hurt.
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 08:31 PM   #15
Buccaneer
Head Coach

I was going to ask a couple of questions because Senator is one of my favorite people but I saw that they had already been asked.

One thing I didn't know was that I thought you were still working for Homeland Security. You did used to be the director for airport security, did you not?
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 07:03 AM   #16
JeeberD
General Manager

Great stuff, Sen...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 03:33 PM   #17
JediKooter
Coordinator

Thanks for answering my questions Senator. Good read indeed.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 09:15 AM   #18
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Awesome.