Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-06-2007, 10:16 AM   #1
Antmeister
Pro Starter

JeeberD's Face The Board Answers

I know it has been a while, but it is finally here and I am happy this didn't end in disaster due to my mistake. So let's get right into it and dig into the mind of JeeberD:

OK, here we go...it only took me eight hours!
----------------------------------------------

Sports

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708
Billy Gillespie? Good guy?

Ummm, no. He's a damned fine (I might even go as far as brilliant) basketball coach and recruiter, but he's not a "good guy". He's lied to both UTEP and A&M and chased the almighty dollar all the way to UK. He's left upset players and fans in his wake..though I know for a fact that the UTEP AD is still a HUGE fan of his. I just wonder what he's going to do if he does well at UK. He's the kind of guy who can't settle down and moves on every three years or so, so will he jump to the NBA (which I don't think would be his thing), or would he jump to another elite school? I wonder...

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew
What's the deal with Lee Mays? Was he any good in college?
He left UTEP as the Miners career leader in receptions, receiving yards, and receiving touchdowns. He had the second best single season in receptions and receiving yards, and he was fifth in career all-purpose yards. So yeah, the was a stud. Though he did get sandbagged his senior year. His junior year we had a solid QB and an All-American TE and Lee scored 15 touchdowns and earned the nickname "TD Lee". His senior year we had Wade Phillip's god-awful son Wesley as QB and Lee only managed to snag a single TD pass. Kinda put a damper on the "TD Lee for Heisman" campaign that UTEP was planning.

But yes, Lee was a stud at UTEP. It was kinda sad to see Johnnie Lee Higgins break most of his records this past year...

Quote:
How much did you guys pay Neil O'Donnell to throw the superbowl, I've heard conflicting figures.

Hah! Larry Brown was just the bomb-diggity, yo! It's not our fault that y'all had a sucky QB!

It was REALLY nice to finally beat the Steelers in a SB, though. I was too young to experience the '70s games, but I could still appreciate the feeling of revenge.

Quote:
Who's been your favorite cowboys QB in your lifetime, other than Aikman?

Easily Emmitt Smith. The man is all class, was a tireless worker, and didn't let injuries get him down (ie, the famous game against the Giants in which he dominated with a badly separated shoulder). I'll admit that I was pissed when he left for the Cardinals, but in retrospect he had every right to do so.

Some of my other favorite, not as famous Cowboys were Jay Novacek, Lincoln Coleman, Leon Lett (despite his being a royla fuck-up), Billy Davis (he went to junior high with my sister), Billy Bates, Dexter Coakley (I named my cat after him), Darren Woodson, and Kenneth Gant. I'll also admit to having just a bit of a man-crush on Romo. He's gonna bounce back and have a big year.

Quote:
Leonard Davis for 49.5m, surely you cannot be serious.

*shurg*

We gotta do something to help the o-line, and he's massive. Too bad he's not massively talented.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
How could such a good guy end up rooting for such an evil team as the Cowboys?

In all honesty, I was born into a Cowboys family. Some of my earliest memories are watching the Cowboys with my dad. I remember him getting pissed at Danny White throwing another INT and jumping onto the coffee table and going crashing through it. Being a Cowboys fan was bred into me.

The funny thing, though, is that both my dad and my brother became Broncos fans in the mid-nineties because (a) the Cowboys were having so many legal problems back them, and (b) we were living in Denver and there was so much more Broncos coverage. I, however, have always remained a steadfast Cowboys fan and always will. If the mid to late nineties can't change me...hell, if Jerry signing TO can't change me, nothing will.

Oh, and the Eagles suck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by terpkristin
How do you really feel about T.O.? If were were the owner of the Cowboys and his fate rested in your hands, what would you do with him?

TO is an egotistical bastard, and I hate him with every fiber of my being. Yes, he's very talented, but I can't stand having him on my favorite team. I would have been MUCH happier if we had kept Keyshaun instead, even if he is older and less talented. At least Romo was able to get him the ball and keep his trap shut for the most part, after the whole pill incident...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfpack
What worse, New Mexico or New Mexico State?

Probably New Mexico, but it swings the other way sometimes. NMSU is a smaller school like UTEP, and they've been historically bad, so there's the slightest bit of sympathy for them. UNM has always been snooty and too big for the britches. They think they're better than they really are, and it hacks me off.

Quote:
Is there a sports event that you wished you could have seen? One that you hope someday will happen?

I wish I had been around to see the 1966 Texas Western Miners win the NCAA Tournament. They were such an amazing team, and to see them do their thing would have been great. At least my mother went to some games that year, her freshman year at TWC.

I would love to see UTEP compete for a national championship in either basketball or football. Mike Price has the team on the right track, but he's getting old and I don't know if he'll be around long enough to pull a Boise State. And basketball is a total unknown. Tony Barbee has shown himself to be a great recruiter, but how well will he coach that talent? And if he does a great job, will he leave us like Gillispie and Sadler did?

Quote:
I understand the animosity towards New Mexico and NMSU, but what'd the Red Raiders ever do to enrage you (remembering back to my 2002 football tournament dynasty)?

Back in 1998 the Miners went to Lubbock to play the Red Raiders on the gridiron. My sister drove out from Dallas to pick me up in Abilene, and we drove on up into the panhandle. We were having a great time there until we actually got on campus, at which point every single person we talked to turned out to be a dick. Now don't get me wrong, I'm fine with some trash talking. But from the moment we stepped foot on campus it was non-stop, and they were making it personal. In the stadium we were getting stuff thrown at us, the trash talk kept on going. It wasn't until we got into the car after the game that we finally felt safe again. I've been to many different schools to watch the Miners play, and that was by far the worst abuse I've ever taken. The funny thing is that we're going back to Lubbock in September for when the Miners visit, we'll see if I still feel this way after then.

And I think it's also similar to the UNM thing as well, Tech thinks they're hot shit when really they're usually never better than a middle of the pack Big XII team.

Quote:
Do you think UTEP fits in fine with C-USA or do you think they should be in another conference?

I'm VERY happy with UTEP being in CUSA, though it's partially for greedy reasons. I LOVE the Miners playing at SMU, Houston, Rice, and Tulsa and being able to make roadtrips out to the games. The only problem is that it's going to be a bit difficult to forge rivalries with some of the eastern teams, but I'll give that up for the new rivalries with Texas teams.

A LOT of UTEP fans want the Miners to find their way back into the old WAC, aka the MWC. And while rekindling those old rivalries with BYU, Wyoming, and CSU would be fun, I just think CUSA is a better fit. We wouldn't get any coverage in Texas at all if we were in the MWC, while the in-state games we play now help us to get recruits.

Quote:
Mount Rushmore of UTEP Miners?

Oh man, I could go to town on this. I could do a Rushmore of UTEP basketball players, one for football players, one for coaches, one for alumni. But I'll to keep from overdoing it and do just one overall list:

Don Haskins - The most obvious choice
Charlie Brown - The first black athlete in Division I in the south, period
Jim Barnes - Probably the most dominant athlete to ever attend UTEP. Still holds the career rebound record and is #9 in career scoring despite only playing two years at UTEP. Still holds the single game scoring and rebounding records. #1 overall pick by the Knicks in 1964.
Bob Stull - Former football coach and current AD. Has made many great hires...Mike Price, Billy Gillispie, Doc Sadler, Tony Barbee, etc. Has found tons of donors for the athletic programs and has brought both the football and basketball program's facilities to the top of the conference, and among the best in the state.

Man, I wish I could go on. Maybe that's a dynasty for another day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k0ruptr
Why is Jordan Palmer such a crappy Quarterback?

I believe he was undefeated against the 'Bows, sucka! I think if he puts the work in and gets some solid coaching he has a chance to be a decent NFL QB. Hopefully with someone other than the Foreskins, though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by k0ruptr
What First? Cowboys Superbowl or you reaching 100,000 posts?

Why ya gotta be hatin'? Romo's gonna bring the Lombardi back to Valley Ranch, baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter_of_69
what better, tim hardaway or jordan palmer?

I grew up a HUGE Tim Hardaway fan, he was always my favorite athlete. His recent comments, though, have put a damper on my enthusiasm for him. But JP is a Foreskin, and you really can't get any worse than that. So I guess I go with homophobe...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter_of_69
what better, bill parcells or dave campo?

*choke* *cough* *sputter*

I'm sorry, that question made me laugh so hard that I choked on my wine...

The Olive Garden

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708
Why food service?

Food service really isn't a career for me (or at least I don't expect it to be), it's just what's worked out for me. In high school I did the fast food thing and worked at Burger King, and then when I was at UTEP I worked at a Quiznos. After I moved to Abilene I worked at Wendy's where I was a manager for a couple of years, but after I left there I vowed to never do fast food again because it didn't pay well enough for the stress level. Seriously, I was making $6.50/hr as a manager and was dealing with high school kids day in and day out. Not fun.

When I moved up to Denton to attend UNT, I decided that I was going to work in a full-service restaurant. My girlfriend (and future wife) worked at the Olive Garden in Abilene, and I knew she was making more money there than I was at Wendy's, so I put my application in at several restaurants in the area. The OG was the first one to get back to me, and the rest is history.

The reason I've stayed with the OG is that the money really is pretty decent, and the hours are flexible enough that I can attend school and still work almost 40 hours a week. I'm going to be starting Nursing school in the fall, and that hopefully is where my career will lie...

Quote:
Why don't you tend bar at a smaller, non franchise place? Surely you'd make a helluva lot more money, and not have portion nazi's beating down on you. Health insurance the reason?

Too be honest, I don't think the money would be better elsewhere. My OG has had an increased guest-count versus the previous year for the past 24+ months and the restaurant is almost always busy. Plus I've been working there for over six years now and bartending for over five, and I have enough seniority that I basically get the shifts I want, every single week. And I've also been there long enough that the managers all know that I know what I'm doing and pretty much leave me alone to do my thing.

Darden has decent health insurance, but now that I'm married I'm on my wife's coverage, which is much better. Thank god I married a career woman.

Quote:
What's the dumbest, most assinine task you have to do nightly at your job?

I actually work primarily mornings now, but the most stupid thing I get forced to do is set up the second well. Without getting into too much detail, management thinks we're busy enough for us to set up our second drink well, while we bartenders know we're just fine with just one. So I basically set the second one up on the weekends and it never gets used all day long...it's just there so the managers can see that it's set up. And then at the end of the night it just gets torn down again. Management...

Quote:
All you can eat salad and breadsticks......tell us how you really feel

Ugh. Just ugh.

To be fair some folks understand that the Soup and Salad is actually more work for us and tip over the $5.95 price, but most people who order it start of with, "I'm going to make it easy on you, all I want is the salad and...". Umm, hello, us having to go back and get more salad and more soup and more bread for your glutinous ass is anything but "making it easy" for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terpkristin
Customer service in the food industry must suck big time because the servers/hosts/etc get treated like crap when it's not really their fault. What's the worst thing that's happened to you with regards to this? Have you ever fired back at a customer? How the hell do you keep your cool?

Honestly, I've never really had much trouble with this. If you do your job right, you're really not going to get in trouble. And yes, there are irrational guests out there who expect things out of you that can't be done, but the vast majority of the time management understands that the guest is being an idiot and doesn't give you any additional grief.

The only time that I can really remember a guest being really upset at me was this stupid woman who came in to buy a bottle of our salad dressing. I went into the back and brought a bottle out, and she asked if she could have a bag for it. I told her no problem, went into the back, and I grabbed our smallest sack for her. When I got back up front, she asked if I had anything else, and I told her that we only had bigger sacks that were much too big for the bottle. She went ahead and gave me her credit card and paid for it, and while she was signing her receipt I went off to wash some dishes. 30 seconds later, she was telling me that she wanted me to take her credit card slip off the bar and put it away ASAP because she was scared of credit card fraud. I went ahead and grabbed it and told her to have a great day.

As she was walking out the door, she ran into a manager and told him that I had been rude to her and that she was very upset. The manager apologized and asked what he could do for her, and she said that she didn't want anything, and she left the building. The manager, confused because he knew I wouldn't be rude to a guest, asked what had happened and I explained to him what had happened, and that I had no idea why she was upset.

Probably two minutes later the woman called up to the restaurant and asked for the Regional Director's phone number. She claimed that she was a manager at a restaurant and that I had been unbelievably rude to her. She said that I refused to give her "one of the pretty little gift bags" that we don't have, and when my manager explained to her that we don't have anything like that, she flipped out on the manager! She also said that I refused to pick up her credit card slip and just left it lying there on the bar. What a freaking loon!

I think she got the Director's number, but I don't know if she ever talked to him or not. Nothing ever happened to me in regards to the situation. And the manager and I were laughing at her crazy ass for at least two weeks...

In regards to how I deal with situations like that, I'm VERY passive aggressive. If someone upsets me, I just smile at them and act even friendlier. It's probably not the healthiest way to handle the situation, but at least it keeps me out of trouble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVic
What other jobs have you had, and how did you find your way to Olive Garden? Why do you choose to stay there?

Here are my jobs in order:

The Rat Trap (Military base maintenance), Stuttgart, Germany - 13
Burger King, Stuttgart - 14
Burger King, Littleton, CO - 16-18, 19
Quiznos, El Paso, TX - 20-21
Wendy's, Abilene, TX - 21-23
Olive Garden, Lewisville, TX - 23-30

Like I said earlier, I went to full service because I knew there was better money there, and I applied at OG because my girlfriend was working at one. I've stayed due to good money, flexible hours, and reasonably cool managers. The main thing is the money, though. If I tried to find a non-tips based job, it would have to pay close to $20 hour to compare, and that's hard to find in this area.

Quote:
Has there been one food that you now can longer stand to have because you work at the Olive Garden?

It really hasn't been too bad. I try not to eat there too much since the food isn't the healthiest so there isn't much that I've grown tired of. The only two things that I can think of are the Minestrone soup and the Andes mints.

The soup I've grown tired of because for the 3 to 4 months before my wedding that's all I ate when I was at work. I was trying to lose weight and get into shape, and that's the healthiest thing we have in the restaurant. I still force myself to eat it at least a couple times a week, but there's no joy in eating it.

When I first started at the OG I went to town on the Andes mints. I would eat them like crazy, pop them in one after the other. But after a couple of months I got VERY sick of them, and since then I've barely had any at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan
What is the best thing that you have ever witnessed while at work (funny, amazing, shocking or just a flat out good story)?

One of the funniest/grossest things I've ever seen was during our annual Never Ending Past Bowl promotion last year. A local high school football team came in the day before they were supposed to play so that they could carbo load, and the kids decided that they were going to have a contest to see who could eat the most bowls of pasta. Luckily, they weren't my table because they ran the crap out of their servers, and they went to town. Bowl after bowl after bowl of pasta went down their gullets, most of it with rich, creamy sauce. All of a sudden one of the kids said that he wasn't feeling well, stood up, and proceeded to vomit all over the table. A lot of vomit at that. And did his teammates help him out and get him to the bathroom or help to clean up the mess? Nope, almost in unison, they started tossing money onto the table and headed out the door. They left the poor kid to deal with it himself. Talk about being a good teammate...

Kinda weak story, but when the pressure's on it's hard to come up with some of the really good ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin
Will you make my pasta al dente?

Nope. The way Olive Garden functions it's pretty much impossible. So sorry...

Quote:
Originally Posted by flere-imsaho
Does Olive Garden really have a special test kitchen in Tuscany? Does it look like it's depicted in the commercials?

Yes, it does exist. And from what I've seen from OG propaganda films, it's not exactly like they show it on the commercials, but it's not too different. And Olive Garden DOES try to send all their GMs and Culinary managers over there at least once...

Post count/FOFC

Quote:
What other boards do you post at, and are you as productive there?

I only regularly post at a few other boards, and my postcount isn't anywhere near as high.

Kyyote's Den UTEP site - 982 posts
MinerDigs.com UTEP site - 1674 posts
Clutchfans.net Rockets site - 1279 posts

Then there are the boards for my various FOFMP leagues, and a couple of boards that probably aren't safe to link to here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan
Have you ever sat back and thought, "Shit, that's a lot of posts!"?

Yeah, I really have. I really have no idea how I wound up with so many posts here. I lurked for quite a while, afraid to post much, but once I did finally start posting it was like coming home...

Quote:
What is your favorite FOFC thread of all time?

That is such an easy question to answer. It was the late, great, "I feel like a threadkiller" thread. That thread was such idiotic fun, and bbor and I made it into our own personal playground. I think I had something like 820 posts alone in that thread, I was always in there. Now that I have mod powers I've tried a couple of times to see if I could go and find it (as a mod I can read deleted posts and threads) to relive the good old days, but no dice. I guess whoever finally deleted did a physical removal and it's gone forever.

Awkward was a very fun thread as well.

Quote:
What is your favorite thread that you have started?

That's a tough one. Out of all the threads that I've posted, I don't think there's anything that can be considered an "epic" thread. Looking back at them all, there are certainly a number that brought a smile back to my face, but there's not really any one that stands out. *shrug*

Quote:
Originally Posted by terpkristen
Has your wife ever posted here?

Nope. I've tried to get her to read the board in the past, but aside from specific threads she's never shown any interest. That's probably for the best, really. I would probably be the second coming of non-fun Franklin...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog
I heard that 7% of all text on the internet is contained within your posts on these forums. Confirm/deny pls thx.

As scary as it sounds, I've seen post counts at other forums that dwarf mine. There's a guy at Clutchfans.net who has almost 30k posts. Of course, that forum has been around longer that FOFC...

So if I had to guess, I would say 5%, max. I'm not THAT bad of a postwhore.

Quote:
Is it just a nasty internet rumor, or did you actually post here on your wedding night? Even snopes isn's sure on this one.

I've got FOFC addiction issues, but now quite THAT bad. And I've got PROOF, dammit!

Quote:
What do you like to do most when not posting on FOFC (other than that whole newly married thing, enjoy it before that newly part wears off)?

I enjoy playing FOF, entering and stamping all my cash, watching sports, all the usual suspects. I also went golfing for the first time in almost ten years this past weekend, and I remembered how much fun it was. So I'm going to try to start getting out on the range and course again...

Quote:
How does it feel to be the all-time loss leader in the FOFC Season Predictions threads? (coming to an FOFC board near you in summer )

I think someone's only telling half the story *cough*all-time win leader*cough*

Man, last year was abysmal for me. Other than that I've dominated your puny competition!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade moore
What are your thoughts on your time so far as a mod?

It's been a lot more trying than I thought it would be. There have been some very tough choices to be made, and I've had to be a lot more impartial than I might have liked to be. But overall I have enjoyed the experience and am glad that I can contribute in some way to the forum that's provided me with so much entertainment...

Miscellaneous

Quote:
Chili-Shredded beef and sauce, or ground beef and beans?

I'm more in the beef and beans camp, but to be honest I'm not a chili connoisseur (go ahead and cringe, fellow Texans). I LOVE beans in my chili, and I've always heard that real chili doesn't have beans. When I'm having chili at home I usually just have some Wolf Brand out of the can, or if I'm going out I'll get some Wendy's chili or some Southwestern Chicken Chili from Jason's Deli. That stuff rocks with some Tabasco and Jalapeno cornbread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew[/quote
Was it hard being an army brat growing up?

It wasn't too bad...I got used to moving every few years pretty early on, and I got to see and do a ton of things that many people can only dream of. We traveled all over Europe, including the Eastern Bloc while it was still Communist, and experienced so many different cultures than our own. Of course, I didn't completely appreciate it back then. I remember being upset as a middle-schooler that my dad extended his tour in Stuttgart, Germany an extra year because I wanted to get back to the states and have some Taco Bell and watch some MTV, dammit. Instead, I was forced to live in a beautiful, clean, safe country with some of the best food I've ever had and visit historical sites I only would have seen in textbooks. How cruel of my father...

Quote:
Do you want to have children, and if so, how many? I'm assuming your firstborn male will be named Terrell.

The wife has agreed to two kids, though I'm wearing her down on the idea of a third. I'm the youngest of three kids, so I think that's where that number comes from. And no, Terrell is not an option. Not even close. Un-uh. We have picked out names for the first two, and the possible third, though. Brendan Alec for the first male (I've always like Brenden, and Alec is her father's name), Regan Marie for the first girl (we both like the name Regan, and Marie is a form of Mary, which runs in the wife's family...Mary, Marisa, etc), and the third kid will be either Morgan David or Morgan Kathleen depending upon the sex (Morgan is the mother-in-law's maiden name, and David and Kathleen are my parent's names). My only concern is with Morgan David...too close to Mogen-David. I can see him getting the nickname "Mad Dog" in no time flat.

Is it cheesy that we already have that all picked out?

Quote:
What are you most proud of when it comes to JeeberD? The real person, not the internet person.

I think it would have to be the way that I've matured over the past few years. Not too long ago I was thousands of dollars in debt to the credit card company, had horrible credit because of that debt, cared more about seeing what was posted on FOFC than going to class, and tried to dodge talking to my parents because I knew they were going to lecture me on my latest screw-up. But now I'm working hard at saving money so that the wife and I can buy a house, my credit rating, while not fantastic, is pretty damned solid, school has top priority for me (much to my post count's chagrin), and I talk to my parents regularly. I really think that a LOT of this has to do with my wife, and her making me understand that I had to grow up. Being young and stupid can be fun, but there's a lifetime of other opportunities out there that can't be had if you're always dicking around.

Quote:
What is the best way marriage has changed your life?

I didn't plan on this following the previous question, it just kinda worked out that way. But being married has really made me grow up and start taking things seriously. If I don't graduate and get a nursing job, it'll be more difficult for the wife and I to buy a house. The longer it takes us to buy a house, the longer it will take for us to have kids, etc. And I've also become much more careful with money, to the extent that my wife calls me a tightwad now.

Quote:
What is the worst way marriage has changed your life?

I don't have as much free time to spend on myself anymore. I have to be careful how much time I spend sitting at the computer or watching sports. It's especially rough during football season. I want to start watching games on Thursday night and see at least one every day through Monday. I don't blame her for getting frustrated, I know I would get upset if she wanted to watch stuff on TV that I have no interest in four nights a week and it didn't leave any time for me.

Quote:
Outside of being a sports or rock star, what is your dream job?

Probably to have a job associated in any way with a sports franchise. If that's not allowed...I don't really know. That's one of the reasons I always had trouble in college, lack of motivation. I've always known that I need a good job, but there's not a ton out there that really excites me. But nursing is going to be a good fit. I've always loved science/biology and I like helping people, so it's (hopefully) going to be a good fit.

Quote:
I'm guessing you play a bit of FOF. Do you play any other sims?

Not as much as I used to. I used to play a lot of OOTP and FBCB, but FOF MP has really spoiled me and I find it difficult to get back into single player universes. Even MP leagues in other games have failed to catch my fancy. I guess I'm just a FOF MP whore now...

Quote:
I don't have any questions yet, but I'm drinking Shiner Bock and thought I should post in this thread.

Good man! You know, for a New Mexican (and I know that you're not a true New Mexican), you're alright...

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Mike
Why do I own you so much in the NAFL?

Damn good question. Through the first six seasons of the NAFL GM's Jacksonville Jags beat my Tennessee Titans 10 times out of 11. Of course, over the past two and a half seasons, I'm 3-2 against him...including a 21-10 win today. The tide is turning, baby!

And, if you want to get down to the nitty gritty, my El Paso Rockets are 3-0 lifetime against GM's Atlantic City Phantoms as well.

Quote:
As much as you seem to love UTEP, would you rather live where you are or would you want to be in El Paso?

That's a tough question. I'm really happy living in the DFW area, but I always have and always will love El Paso and the desert. I think if I would have to make a choice I would stay here because the housing market is better, the job market is better, and because Lewisville is probably a better place to raise kids. Oh yeah, and because my wife would most likely never agree to live in El Paso. She's been there with me once and she wasn't exactly blow away.

Quote:
Favorite Texas place to visit? Non-Texas? Place you haven't been that you'd like to go to someday?

Fredricksburg and the hill country is a new favorite spot to visit. The wife and I are going to be going down there again for our first anniversary in August, and we're both looking forward to it. Other than that, probably Cattleman's Steakhouse in Fabens, just outside of El Paso. best damn steak (and fixings) I've ever had.

Outside of Texas, I always loved going camping in the Gila Wilderness in New Mexico. On the other end of the spectrum would be Barbados, where the wife and I spent our honeymoon. It was freakin' amazing there.

I would love to be able to visit Alaska at some point, and I've always wanted to go to Boston. I have a cousin out there now, I really need to take advantage of that and use her as an excuse to head out there.

Quote:
Where's George?

Everywhere but Oregon, Wyoming, South Dakota, Vermont, New Hampshire, and Delaware, apparently.

My Georging is still going strong, I recently went over 15,000 bills entered and 1,500 total hits. At the moment I'm ranked #46 in Texas, though I've been as high as #42.

For those of you who might be completely lost, check out this thread.

Quote:
I've never been to Dallas-Fort Worth except to DFW on layover. Gimme one thing I absolutely positively must do if I ever get there someday.

If you ask me, you have to go visit Texas Stadium. If you ask any rational person, well, it depends on what you want to do. If you want the "traditional Texas", you should probably head over to Fort Worth and visit the Stockyards. Dallas itself has some very nice art museums, and the Dallas Arboretum is beautiful (and is where I popped the question). If I had to go with one thing that you couldn't do anywhere else, though, I would go with a visit to Dealy Plaza in Downtown Dallas to see where JFK was shot. Go visit the grassy knoll, the Sixth Floor Museum, and the Conspiracy Museum. Hours and hours of fun...

Quote:
Had SkyDog not changed your ranking title, I'd have nominated you for "Loves Miners...with an 'e', not an 'o'...and in a platonic way" Would you have liked that one?

Works for me!

Quote:
Where would you like most to live if you could live anywhere in the world?

I would absolutely LOVE to move back to Germany. Preferably the southern part. Oh man, I get homesick from time to time just thinking about it. Especially around Christmas. Christmas IS Germany to me at times...

Quote:
What do you like the most about being married?

I love being part of something that's bigger than just me. I love thinking about spending the rest of my life with my wife, buying a house, raising children (and I'm sure the trying for kids part is gonna be great too!), all of that sappy stuff.

Quote:
Now for some deeper questions:

What would you like to change the most about yourself?

I wish I wasn't such a procrastinator and I wish I didn't have this irrational fear of talking to strangers on the phone. Just about all my problems in life have come about from procrastination. If I would just do things on time things would be so much better for me.

Quote:
What do you like the most about yourself?

As girly as this sounds, I like that I'm a good, kind, caring person. I think that I'm pretty laid back and easy to get along with, and that I'm a good friend...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglefan
What would you like to change the most about the rest of the world?

I wish there were some way to get rid of bigotry and hatred for people that are "different". I don't understand why folks have to hate those that are different than them, whether it's due to race or sexual orientation or religion. Just because someone is or believes in different things doesn't make them bad, for gods sake!

Quote:
Okay, enough of the deep stuff:

What would your ideal sports sim be?

FOF is pretty close. Maybe a little bit more on the graphics side, but that would be about it. I love me some FOF...

Quote:
What are your favorite 5 games of all time?

-Tecmo Super Bowl
-NCAA Football for the XBox
-FOF
-Civ
-Super Mario Bros

Quote:
What are your favorite 5 movies of all time?

-Disney's Alice in Wonderland
-Hoosiers
-The Matrix
-Field of Dreams
-Animal House

Quote:
What are your favorite 5 songs of all time?

-Metallica -- One
-Rage Against the Machine -- Bulls on Parade
-Elton John -- Empty Garden
-Godsmack -- Whatever
-Terrance and Phillip -- Uncle Fucka

Quote:
What are your favorite 5 books of all time?

-Wizard and Glass -- Stephen King
-Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix -- JK Rowling
-The Dead Zone -- Stephen King
-Bag of Bones -- Stephen King
-Different Seasons -- Stephen King

Can you tell that I'm a King fan?

Quote:
A little more philosophical:

If you were told that you were going to die tomorrow or you had an option to relive one year of your life for eternity what would you choose? if the year of your life continuously what year would that be and why?

Wow, very deep, man. I guess I would choose to relive a year, though eternity is a LONG time and it might getting boring pretty quick. But if I had to choose a single year, it would probably be the year that I started dating my wife. Hot nookie with a 17 year old (which is legal in Texas, by god), how can you beat that?

But seriously, our feelings were so fresh and intense, it was a very exciting time. I wouldn't see that ever getting old, no matter how many times I relived it...

Quote:
Some final light stuff:

The Cowboys fold from existence (I can dream ), who is your team now?

Oh man, what a horrible question! I suppose I might go with the Broncos. They were my second favorite team when I was living up there, but I probably have been away from them too long now. The Chargers maybe? I love me some LT. I like Peyton Manning as well, so maybe the Colts. Maybe the Titans, since I kinda liked the Oilers.

Honestly, it's a question that I hope I never have to put too much thought into...

Quote:
You seem to be a good person, as 27 asked: why the Cowboys? did you lose a bet?

It's all genetics, my friend. You can't fight your genes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgerchick
Oh hell yeah!!!

Let's see... married life... all it's cracked up to be or is it a curse (like a certain someone told our little girl).

So far so good. Yes, we have our fair share of stupid little fights, but we don't have any major issues and we agree on just about all of the important things. I'm really loving married life, and I'm not just saying that because my wife wants to read what I've been typing for the past six hours.

Quote:
If you HAD to have sex with your eyes open with Whoopi Goldberg or butch Rosie O'Donnell, who would it be and why?

Ugh, what a choice. If I HAD to make a choice, I guess it would Rosie. Lesbians keep their coochies pretty clean for their honeys, don't they? I guess she wouldn't be too horribly foul down there...

Quote:
What percentage of your posts have ellipses?
99.8%

It's almost physically impossible for me to not hit those three little dots at the end, even though I know they don't really belong there...

Quote:
What's the big deal about Shiner Bock?

Have you not tried it yet?!? Shiner is just one of the greatest (American) beers out there, and it's a true Texas beer. You must go and get yourself some ASAP. That means NOW!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3ric
What effect did growing up in Germany have on you, do you feel more European in a sense than the average American Joe, and how?

I definitely feel that I got to experience more than the average American. I saw much more history than most, I saw many more different cultures, and I got to experience food from around the world. I know lots of people who cringe at anything more international than Italian or Mexican foods, and it's a damn shame. I also think it has made me more willing to try to understand people that are different than myself.

I don't know that it makes me feel more European since I actually lived on base over there and wasn't completely immersed in the local culture, but I think I have a better understanding of Europe and Europeans than most.

Quote:
If your life were a color, what color would it be?

Blue, I guess, because blue is the best color in the world. Or maybe orange, because I'm UTEP obsessed...

Quote:
Favorite kind of cake? Muffin?

Chocolate sheet cake with pecans and chocolate icing. YUM! Tres Leches cake is also up there...that's what my grooms cake was.

Fresh blueberry muffins destroy the competition.

Quote:
How do you like your eggs? Ever put ketchup on them?
Scramble with cheese, please. Ketchup? Never! But I love slathering them in Tabasco sauce, or Chinese hot sauce (Sriracha) will work in a pinch...

Quote:
What bands are you currently listening to?

Nothing too new. My car radio is on the fritz, and even when it was working I was listening mostly to sports talk. I like my rock, Rage, Metallica, Godsmack, Tool, etc.

Quote:
Buffalo wings: ranch or blue cheese dipping sauce?

Blue Cheese is foul, Ranch all the way! Just make sure the wings are coated in Tabasco, though...

Quote:
Favorite Pantera song? Album?

Oddly enough, I never really got into Pantera. They should be right up my alley... *shrug*

Quote:
Best concert you attended?

I haven't really attended a bunch of concerts, I really prefer gigs in clubs. I had a blast watch Carolines Spine when they came to Abilene, and a band that no longer exists called Cadillac Voodoo Choir was always fun to watch play. And a buddy of mine used to have a band called Wellwisher which was very good, but egos broke them up, unfortunately.

Quote:
Coke or Pepsi?

Coke all the way. Pepsi reminds me of a whore ex-girlfriend of mine. She always had a bottle of Pepsi with her...which was kind of nice since she smoked and the Pepsi kind of covered up the smoke taste...

Quote:
How do you deal with work related stress?

My job really isn't all that stressful, it's pretty damn easy, in fact. But the rare times that I do get stressed out I usually take it out on the cats...uhh...I mean I take it out at the gym. It usually gives me a little extra energy when I'm running or lifting...

Quote:
What do you do when you can't sleep?

Well, I have one failsafe method that puts me to sleep, but I don't think I can go into specifics, especially in a response to a woman... :o :o

Quote:
How did you and your wife meet?

We worked together at the Wendy's in Abilene. I had been working there almost a year when she started, and she developed a crush on me almost right away. I had been working out pretty hard core back then, and my uniform shirt was kinda tight, and she fell in love with my biceps. I always thought that she was cute and knew that she had a crush on me, but I kinda teased her and went after other chicks first. Eventually, after six months or so of flirting, I decided to ask her out, and she said yes. We went and saw The Blair Witch Project, played some Putt Putt, and had some Pizza Hut for dinner. And the rest, as they say, is history...

Quote:
What was the first thing you ever said to your wife, when you first met her?

Honestly, I have no clue. I DO remember the first time I ever saw her. I was on break and was eating in the dining room when she came in to interview with our GM. I thought she was very cute, but of course at that point I never thought there would be anything between us. Glad I was wrong!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Weed
Chico's Tacos or El Taco Tote?

It's weird, I never really ever had either until I moved away. The first time I ever had Chico's was when I went back for my brother's wedding about three years ago, and I first had Tote here in Lewisville, when they opened up a restaurant.

For my tastes, I would probably go to Chico's more often than Tote. There's something about that greasy spoon feel that I like...

Quote:

The State Line or Cattleman's?

Cattleman's, no contest.

Quote:
Thomas Howard or Johnnie Lee Higgins?

Thomas is great, but Johnnie Lee is the freakin' MAN. I can't wait to see what he can do to NFL defenses. I think he's gonna be damn good...

Quote:
Don Haskins or Mike Price?

Seriously, does this even need to be asked? I love CMP, but he's nowhere near The Bear.

Quote:
You are the 22nd participant in FTB, how many of these do you think Skydog actually read?

I'm thinking probably:

Quiksand
VPI97

Possibly:
Buccaneer
WSUCougar
NoMyths

Other than that, probably not many, if any...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antmeister
If someone were to make a trilogy of your life detailing your most painful moments, what would each movie consist of?

The first movie would chronicle the troubles my wife and I had with her parents when we were first dating. They disliked me from the get-go since I was 22 and dating their 17 year old daughter. And then when we got caught in the act and I was forbidden to see her, yeah, that was rough.

The second movie would deal my drunk ass going to jail because I was being stupid and wandering around an under-construction apartment complex with some drunk ass friends. Despite what anyone else may tell you, going to jail ain't fun.

The third movie would show my father learning that he has leukemia and his battle to fight it. For a while we weren't sure that he was going to make it, and it was a very rough, sad time for the entire family. The good news is that the movie would end on a good note, with my father going into remission, though it's probably not permanent.

Quote:
What type of personality traits do you detest the most?

I HATE fake, snobby, stuck up people. No offense to the Greeks out there, but most of the frat boys and sorority girls that I've worked with meet those standards and have been total assholes...

Quote:
Do you wear your personality on your sleeve or do you reserve some aspects of it depending on the company?

In public I'm very laid back and quite, fairly shy. But get me around my family, my brother and sister especially, and I get as crazy and silly as can be.

Quote:
What would be the Mt. Rushmore of places to visit in Texas?

A tough one...

-Texas Stadium
-Palo Duro Canyon
-The Texas Hill Country
-The Deserts of far west Texas

You get to see a bit of everything that makes the state so great...the big city, the green, rolling hills, the breathtaking desert mountains, and the spectacular site that is Palo Duro.

Quote:
How would your family describe you? Would it difffer from what you friends would?

My family would describe me as silly and goofy, and really only my closest friends get to see me acting like that. I can be WAY to reserved, even around people that I know fairly well, and that's another thing that I wish I could change about myself.

Quote:
If we were to visit Olive Garden, what would you suggest would be the safest things to eat?

I'm not exactly certain what you mean by safe. Our kitchen is pretty consistent with our dishes, but I suppose the easiest for them to make would be the Tour of Italy (Lasagna, Fett Alf, and Chicken Parm), the Chicken Alf, any of the other very basic dishes.

Some of my favorites are the Chicken Marsala, Chicken Scampi, Ravioli di Portobello, Zuppa Toscana, and our Toasted Ravioli on our sampler.

The only thing that I would recommend that you stay away from is our T-bone if you're picky about how you like your steak cooked. If you ask for it medium-rare, it comes out medium. If you ask for it medium-well, it comes out medium. Our cooks really don't seem to know anything other than medium, and I know it frustrates the hell out of me when guests send it back because it wasn't cooked properly.

Quote:
Do you believe that people should tip at buffets?

I certainly tip at buffets. Usually two or three buck if it's just me, more if the wife is there as well. They come by and take away dirty dishes and fill your drink, why shouldn't they get tipped?

Quote:
Where's the furthest place you traveled in your lifetime?

Without looking at a map, I would have to say it's either Moscow, Barbados, or Acapulco. Incredible trips, all three. Moscow was especially fun considering it was still communist at the time...

Quote:
Do you and your wife have conflicting habits?

Absolutely. She tends to leave the kitchen a mess, so I do the dishes and clean up after her. She hates how I do the laundry, so she does that. She extremely anal about the bedsheets, and I usually am just fine with them flopping around all over the place. There's been a lot of compromise in our nine months of marriage so far, and I'm sure they will be plenty yet to come.

Quote:
How often do you visit other family members?

Fairly often, though not as often as I probably should. My parents, brother, and sister all live in the DFW area as well (after having been spread our across the country for a while), but my parent's are in the northern part of the metroplex while my brother is to the east of Dallas. My sister and I live fairly close to each other, but we still probably don't see each other more often than every couple of weeks...unless it's football or basketball season. Then we get together at least once a week to watch the Miners...

Quote:
What is your religious/spiritual belief (if any)?

None, really. We really didn't go to church when I was a kid (except when Grandma was in town) and we really didn't talk about religion. Coming from a more scientific household and background, I've always been in the "when you die, that's it" camp. But now that I'm married and have future kids in sight, I've started to hope that there's something else afterward. I don't think there is, but I kinda hope. Of course, even if there is since I'm not a "true believer" I guess I'm going to hell anyways. Ahh, religion.

Quote:
Do you have any famous dance moves?

God no. The only way I get NEAR a dancef loor is if I'm extremely drunk or at a wedding...or both. Jeeber has two left feet...

Quote:
Music you listened to in your high school years?

I didn't listen to much music back then, but I guess what I did listen to was more grungy than anything else. Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Alice in Chains...

Quote:
Where are all the places you grew up in?

Let me run down the list:

Fort Worth, TX -- Born - 1yo
El Paso, TX --1-5
Frankfurt, Germany -- 5-8
El Paso -- 8-11
Stuttgart, Germany -- 11-15
El Paso -- 15-16
Highlands Ranch, CO - 16-18

Honestly, I didn't move nearly as much as some army brats, so I have to consider myself lucky...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco
Why have I broken out in hives the only two times I've eaten at Olive Garden? (otherwise I have no known allergies)

Because we don't serve mexican food there!

Get it, mexican food? 'Cause your name is Taco? Funny, right?

*groan*

Quote:
Favorite Austin spots?

I really haven't ever spent any time in Austin, so I have no idea. Unless you count the pool at my aunt and uncle's apartment that I swam in when i was 6...

Quote:
Are we still meeting in July or what?

I'm all for it! I'll be out of town most of the first week and a half of July, but other than that I should be free...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty
If you were given the opportunity to go into space on the Shuttle, would you do it?

Without a doubt. I think going into space has to be one of the most incredible experiences any human being has ever been able to have. I would give my left nut to go into space. Hell, I would probably give both of them!

Quote:
Would you parachute?

I've always said that I would do it, but I'm not sure that I could. I would like to think so, but I'm afraid I would back out. I would love the opportunity to find out, though.

Quote:
Boxers, briefs, boxer-briefs, thong, or nothing? And can I get picture proof?

Tighty-whities, baby! Except for the rare occasion when I'll wear my boxers, but usually I'll still have my whities underneath them...

The wife keeps telling me she wants to see me in a thong, but I'm too scared to do that!

Oh, and I'll PM you the pic, big boy.

Quote:
You can live anywhere - where would it be?

Back in Germany, where it's always green and the Jaegerschnitzel is alway fresh...

Quote:
Want kids or no kids? How many?

Absolutely. I would love to have three, but I think I would be fine with the two that my wife wants. Preferably a boy first with a girl to follow...

Quote:
Do you consider yourself to be a hard worker? Couch potato?

When I'm at work, I'm a very hard worker. But when I get home at the end of the day I slack off as much as possible. I've been meaning to reorganize our files/bills for probably two months now, but the now cabinet is still sitting there empty...

Quote:
Cats are so much better than dogs, correct? Why?

100% correct. Because cat's don't drool all over the place and for the most part they don't chew shit up. Plus they're cuter and more squeezable...

Quote:
Are you like me, and enjoy the smell of your own flatulence?

Not all the time, but there are instances where it certainly isn't the worst smell in the world...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKooter
Favorite childhood memory?

Eating roasted chestnuts while wandering through the amazingly decorated Christmas markets in Germany. Just about anything you might want to buy they have, and in a great looking, great smelling environment.

Quote:
Favorite tv show/movie as a kid and favorite tv show/movie now?

I always watching NBC Thursday nights with my family...Cosby, Cheers, etc. Great stuff. And Alice in Wonderland and Clash of the Titans were the bomb diggity flicks.

Now I enjoy watching The Riches, Friday Night Lights, AI. When it comes to movies, I don't know that I have a modern favorite...I suppose The Matrix comes the closest. That scene in the hallway where Neo and Trinity are taking on the security guards on their way to rescue Morpheus is one of my all-time favorite movie scenes...

Quote:
3 people (live, dead, or fictional) that you would enjoy a drink or meal with?

-Don Haskins
-Tom Landry
-Julius Caesar

Quote:
3 things you would like to do before going to the 'Great Beyond'?

Graduate college, get a real job, make some real money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFL_Cat
As the Cowboys' GM in the GEFL, would you be willing to trade off John Elway if it gave you a shot at drafting Troy Aikman?

As much as I love Troy, it would have to be a heck of a deal to get me to give up John. The man has started to take off this year, and he could be one of the greats if I ever figure out how to gameplan properly.

Last edited by Antmeister : 06-06-2007 at 10:52 AM.
Antmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 10:41 AM   #2
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Jeebs - another grand slam FTB - thanks for opening up and taking the time to bear your soul. Great read...
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 10:42 AM   #3
NoMyths
Poet in Residence

Good reading, Jeeber.
NoMyths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 10:52 AM   #4
vtbub
College Starter

Cool stuff Jeebs.

vtbub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 11:21 AM   #5
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
The only two things that I can think of are the Minestrone soup and the Andes mints.

YOU'RE THE DEVIL!!!
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 11:25 AM   #6
Wolfpack
Pro Rookie

Good stuff, Jeeber.

Oh, and I can't stand Andes Mints, either. Never stopped my maternal grandmother from giving me a box every single Christmas and birthday, though. Ugh.

Last edited by Wolfpack : 06-06-2007 at 11:26 AM.
Wolfpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 11:44 AM   #7
Logan
Head Coach

I was really looking forward to this entry, and it did not disappoint. Thanks for sharing.

Oh, and I think we're gonna need to revisit this down the line :

Quote:
I wish I didn't have this irrational fear of talking to strangers on the phone.

Best of luck to your father, BTW.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 11:49 AM   #8
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeebs
Quote:
Will you make my pasta al dente?
Nope. The way Olive Garden functions it's pretty much impossible. So sorry...

Really?

Also, I find it amusing you spelled my name correctly here (terpkristin) twice and incorrectly (terpkristen) four times.

That was a fun read, I didn't realize how much I didn't know!

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 11:52 AM   #9
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

thanky jeebs
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 11:54 AM   #10
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Good stuff!
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 12:02 PM   #11
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Good job Jeebs. Nice to hear about the life of another military brat. You lived in more interesting places than I have.
Old 06-06-2007, 12:23 PM   #12
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

Wow Jeebs, you and I have a lot in common. Didn't know that. Well, despite your obvious lack of taste when it comes to sports teams though.

Nice read.
Our Deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?
Neuqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 12:34 PM   #13
3ric
College Starter

Great to read your story, J. I knew a bit already, but some things were new (career objective, past jobs, how you met your wife)
Old 06-06-2007, 12:41 PM   #14
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Yeah, I feel your pain on the 2nd well thing. Reminds me of some of the stupid things they would have us do at various places I worked at. We'd set up the 2nd kitchen, dispite never having enough help to work it. And then at the end of the night, I'd get the joy of cleaning it up again, dispite the fact that it hadn't been used. Or if it had, it would be management being messy mofo's and I'd have to clean up after them.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 01:05 PM   #15
JediKooter
Coordinator

Jeebs, another fine read by a fellow FOFCer. Thanks for answering my questions.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 02:31 PM   #16
General Mike
Pro Starter

Even with the CFL included, I'm still up 13-6 on you. I don't think we ever faced off in a regular season HFL game while I was there.
General Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 07:22 AM   #17
JeeberD
General Manager

I'm glad y'all enjoyed it. It was certainly a fun task to take on...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 07:27 AM   #18
Richard Weed
H.S. Freshman Team

Great read on a great guy. No offense to the other FTB participants, but I liked how your answers were short and to the point. Sometimes other people rambled a bit.
Old 06-07-2007, 07:40 AM   #19
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I just want to point out that you mis-read one of the questions and didn't answer it correctly. Someone asked who your favorite Cowboys QB other than Aikman would be during your lifetime, and you answered about Cowboys players in general. I only noticed because I was interested in your answer to that one.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 06:36 PM   #20
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Weed View Post
Great read on a great guy. No offense to the other FTB participants, but I liked how your answers were short and to the point. Sometimes other people rambled a bit.

Like who?

Nice job, Jeebs. Y'all will definitely have to stop by when you are down in the Hill Country in August. Maybe get Ant & DC as well for a visit to the Salt Lick!
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 11:20 PM   #21
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Very nice job Jeebs, thanks for time put into the answers.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 12:54 PM   #22
korme
Go Reds

Brewed in Shiner, Texas. I read that everytime I have one.
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 08:21 PM   #23
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
Like who?

Nice job, Jeebs. Y'all will definitely have to stop by when you are down in the Hill Country in August. Maybe get Ant & DC as well for a visit to the Salt Lick!

MmmmmMMMMm.... Salt Lick. Sure, anytime we're just a phonecall away.
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 05:24 AM   #24
Lorena
Unregistered

Alright, I finally read the whole thing. I dunno why I thought you were a Pantera fan . Anyway, Metallica's "One" is one of my all-time favorite songs too... it's a little long, but hard and fast, just how I like my music.

Oh and I finally had some Shiner Bock a few weeks ago and it went down nicely with my pizza... YUMM! Oh and I also bought some Tito's vodka per your post on the Drunk Guy thread... good stuff.

Good read Jeebs, thanks.

Last edited by Lorena : 06-17-2007 at 05:25 AM.
Old 06-17-2007, 06:43 AM   #25
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgerchick View Post
Alright, I finally read the whole thing. I dunno why I thought you were a Pantera fan . Anyway, Metallica's "One" is one of my all-time favorite songs too... it's a little long, but hard and fast, just how I like my music.

Oh and I finally had some Shiner Bock a few weeks ago and it went down nicely with my pizza... YUMM! Oh and I also bought some Tito's vodka per your post on the Drunk Guy thread... good stuff.

Good read Jeebs, thanks.

So today we've learned that DC likes it hard and fast...... music that is

Sorry, couldn't resist that one.

Last edited by EagleFan : 06-17-2007 at 06:43 AM.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 06:49 AM   #26
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
So today we've learned that DC likes it hard and fast...... music that is

Don't forget long.

Last edited by Lorena : 06-17-2007 at 06:50 AM.