Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-07-2003, 08:47 AM   #1
Philliesfan980
Banned

ActionPC sports games.

Hey just wanted a little input here on the subject.

After playing XBOX for the past few months, I really am in the mood for some strategy in my sports games, rather than mashing buttons at the precise time.

Does anyone know anything about these games? I'm kinda in the mood to replay some seasons and wanted to know how these games stack up against the Strat-O Matic series as far as fun and realism go. I've played Strat-O-Matic before (the overusage thing kinda bothers me), and I've heard good things about ActionPC games. I went to ActionPC's webpage and read over the forums, but like most home forum sites, the members were a little "fanboyish" (although not to the level of .400 studios)

The thing that really catches my eye is I think that ActionPC has real college players for its Football game, as evidenced by the College disk on his website. Thats awsome in my opinion. Legal.. not so sure about that, but hey thats not my problem.

Let me know what you guys know about this subject.. Thanks.

Philliesfan980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2003, 08:51 AM   #2
FBPro
College Starter

They are pretty good for replay and draft leagues, fairly detailed. Really only played the football and hoops. The last time I checked the college disks were teams of "player jersey numbers" instead of names but that may have changed.

Good luck
GM Tennessee Titans FOWL 2020-2025
FBPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2003, 09:00 AM   #3
Philliesfan980
Banned

"They are pretty good for replay and draft leagues, fairly detailed. Really only played the football and hoops. The last time I checked the college disks were teams of "player jersey numbers" instead of names but that may have changed.

Good luck"

Thanks, yeah I figured that might be the case with the College Players, or else he'd have the NCAA knocking down his door. I just thought I remembered reading somewhere that he put the players names in there.

Anyone know of any other forms where I can get advise on Text based sims. This one is great, but I'd like to go to others as well for input. Thanks.
Old 06-07-2003, 09:32 AM   #4
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

Location: hello kitty found my wallet at a big tent revival and returned it with all the cash missing
I don't like action PC football at all. The main strength of the game looks to be H2H mode, which does not interest me much.
Old 06-07-2003, 09:35 AM   #5
Philliesfan980
Banned

"I don't like action PC football at all. The main strength of the game looks to be H2H mode, which does not interest me much."

Sorry to be prying, but what specifically didn't you like about the game in 1P mode? Not realistic results, clumsy interface, just didn't like the feel?

Also would love to hear about any other forums similar to this one for text based sports sims.