Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-07-2007, 05:31 PM   #101
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

I don't know about UM Dearborn, but look around at how many public campuses have chapels. This idea that Christians are persecuted is silly.
Old 06-07-2007, 09:02 PM   #102
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

1. $25,000 for foot baths? Basically that's low sinks, right? If I go to Home Depot I can do the job for probably $1500...

2. Will this be similar to how you pee on the wall in Michigan Stadium and there is a gutter to catch it, but one part of the gutter will be walled off with a block M in tiles to identify it for Muslems foot washing area instead of the place your used Heineken goes when you're finished with it? I wonder how that would work out...

3. After living near, working with andgoing to school with many Arab Muslems (and many Arabs in general,) I am 100% for anything they do in washing their bodies. Deodorant too.
M GO BLUE!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 09:46 PM   #103
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Galt View Post
A poetic diss. And an accurate one as well.
It's good to see you posting again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 10:13 PM   #104
WVUFAN
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUColonel View Post
If they are muslim, it's certainly plausable that they dislike Israel and perhaps even western values. Again not all muslims fall into this category, but based on the bigger picture, there is a signifigant amount of muslim hate mongers out there compared to most other religions, hence the number of conflicts muslims are involved in globally in the name of islam.

http://www.savage-productions.com/Mu..._Conflicts.pdf

You saying "all Muslims hate Jews" is like saying "all Catholics hate gays". I know that's not exactly what you said, but it's certainly inferred in the message, and it's not true. It's not wise to stereotype an entire group of people by a select group's actions.

Also, y'know, I have some pretty right-wing viewpoints, but this Michael Savage guy seems way out there. Does he have a radio show or something?

WVUFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 10:34 PM   #105
PSUColonel
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVUFAN View Post
You saying "all Muslims hate Jews" is like saying "all Catholics hate gays". I know that's not exactly what you said, but it's certainly inferred in the message, and it's not true. It's not wise to stereotype an entire group of people by a select group's actions.

Also, y'know, I have some pretty right-wing viewpoints, but this Michael Savage guy seems way out there. Does he have a radio show or something?

I did state that not all muslims fall into this category, in fact I would say most (in America) don't. The problem is that there is enough who do (worldwide) to make it significant, but what's worse is that many who do fall into this group act out violently. With illegal immigration running rampant, it's hard to know which muslims may or may not be dangerous. But it's also evident that many muslims want to change much of the established American culture as well. Many people don't seem to want to look at what's happening in Europe as a precursor to what could (and likely already is) happen here in th U.S.

Savage is a conservative radio host based in San Francisco.

http://www.homestead.com/prosites-prs/

Last edited by PSUColonel : 06-08-2007 at 10:28 AM.
PSUColonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 10:21 AM   #106
John Galt
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade moore View Post
It's good to see you posting again.

Thanks. But of all the threads I chose to wander into . . .
Old 06-08-2007, 10:25 AM   #107
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith View Post
I don't have a problem with UM doing something to help support a religious minority on campus. I do have a problem with the fact that if the religious majority wanted some sort of convenience the entire county would blow up. Part of protecting the minority from the majority is that the majority presumably gets its way every once in a while. In this country we've practically made it a sin to be a white Christian male. I'm for equal rights and practices for everyone, and everyone includes the average guy.

Do you have any specific examples of instances in which a religious majority on a college campus requested a comparable convenience and was denied it?
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 10:42 AM   #108
PSUColonel
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVUFAN View Post
I'm a Catholic.

Having said that, the Catholic Church, on the whole, has DIRECTLY caused more pain and death and anguish over the course of it's life than any other religion. Does that mean I should be blamed for what others have done in the name of Christianity? Of course not, just as you shouldn't blame all Muslims for the acts of a very small minority.

Again, the acts of a small minority does not justify the hatred of everyone in the group. Any religion, when taken to the extreme, is capable of some pretty bad stuff.

EDIT: Let's get back on track, and not turn this into an anti-Muslim thing. We've been down that road before, and it doesn't end well. This issue isn't what religion it is, but rather how funds are being used.

I agree that this is true of Christians, but we can only influence the present, and not the past. The fact is right now, most all conflicts around the globe involve muslims on some level. But getting back to the point, I am NOT BLAMING ALL MUSLIMS FOR WHAT'S HAPPENING. I don't know how many times I have to state this. I say it, but people just seem to read right over it as though I must somehow not mean it.
PSUColonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 10:44 AM   #109
John Galt
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
If ever there's been a time when an emoticon applied perfectly, this is it.

It doesn't surprise me that you are a Savage fan. However, there is plenty of evidence to support the idea that he is both evil and stupid (or just a pathological liar). Anyone can do a google search and find plenty of ugly and stupid things he said. Wiki's page on him is far from complete, but these are some highlights:

There was the famous, but hardly his worst comment, that got him fired from his MSNBC show: "Oh, so you're one of those sodomites. You should only get AIDS and die, you pig, how's that? Why don't you see if you can sue me, you pig? You got nothing better to do than to put me down, you piece of garbage. You got nothing better to do today. Go eat a sausage, and choke on it. Get trichinosis. Now do we have another nice caller here who's busy because he didn't have a nice night in the bathhouse who's angry at me today? Put another, put another sodomite on....no more calls? I don't care about these bums; they mean nothing to me. They're all sausages."

"On June 12, 2006, Savage said that Soros should 'shut [his] mouth and understand the damage [he's] doing to this world and to the Jewish people,' calling Soros among other things a 'punk lying coward satanist backstabbing freak' and saying that people like Soros 'brought about the Holocaust.'"

"On August 7, 2006, he said during his radio program: 'That's why the department store dummy named Wolf Blitzer, a Jew who was born in Israel, will do the astonishing act of being the type that would stick Jewish children into a gas chamber to stay alive another day. He's probably the most despicable man in the media next to Larry King, who takes a close runner-up by the hair of a nose. The two of them together look like the type that would have pushed Jewish children into the oven to stay alive one more day to entertain the Nazis.'"

In the stupid and evil category he said, "Your children's future is what we're talking about, a matter of life and death for their future. The gay and lesbian mafia wants our children. If it can win their souls and their minds, it knows their bodies will follow. Of course, it wants to homosexualize the whole country, not just the children. This is all part of the war that is going on. Maybe you don't want to face up to it, but it's a very real war. It's being inflicted on the American people by the radical gay lobby, which is now everywhere."

Like you Jon, he has called for a nuclear strike on a major Arab city. And I'm sure you would agree when "He has also called for 'an outright ban on Muslim immigration.'"

In another stupid and evil statement, "On October 9, 2006, Savage called former Secretary of State Madeleine Albright a 'traitor' because the Clinton administration was in office when North Korea bought two nuclear reactors from a Western company in 2000. Savage said that Albright should be "tried for treason; and when she’s found guilty, she should be hung.'"

And while he has many bizarre theories about the world, one of his strangest was surely blaming Columbine on sex change surgery: "Guy is fifty-five years old. He had three children. He discovers there was a woman within, and he goes -- shots and hormones, three years of hormones, and live like a woman. And then you gotta dress like a woman for two years. And then they go to a psychopathic, sadistic doctor who does the thing for them. No more in Denmark -- I mean, the capital of it is somewhere in Colorado, of course, near Columbine. You wonder why the kids shoot each other there with black raincoats. But that's the sex change capital of the world -- in America, rather -- is somewhere in Colorado; they cut off the willies and they put on the willies, depending on whether you're a Johnny or a Jane."

Those are just the Wiki quotes - you can find many more and much worse statements across the web. Savage is hate radio. I guess you are fan, but there is plenty of evidence to support the idea that he is a total idiot and completely evil. So "if ever there's been a time when an [eyerolling] emoticon applied perfectly, this" certainly was not it.
Old 06-08-2007, 10:54 AM   #110
MIJB#19
Coordinator

PSUColonel does have a point. These Muslims need to be stopped, with their desire for world domination, they're clearly turning into Americans.
MIJB#19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 11:34 AM   #111
RedKingGold
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIJB#19 View Post
PSUColonel does have a point. These Muslims need to be stopped, with their desire for world domination, they're clearly turning into Americans.

Well, the Americans wouldn't have to take control of the world if the Dutch would stop polluting the world with useless production of wooden clogs.
RedKingGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 11:49 AM   #112
Butter
Coordinator

This makes good business sense for Michigan... there are a lot of Muslim students in America who want to go to a good engineering school, and this is just one more point for UM.
Old 06-08-2007, 12:19 PM   #113
Izulde
Head Coach

Why yes, let's ban all Muslim immigration! We don't have nearly enough brain drain going on in this country!

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote