Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-04-2007, 09:13 AM   #1
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Actual good customer service

So Mrs. A and I submitted a package of medical receipts to BlueCross/BlueShield for reimbursement.

They ended up reimbursing us for about half of them, but not for the other half. And didn't explain why.

So, Mrs. A decided to take one for the team and prepared to spend the next 12-18 months fighting with BC/BS by fax and phone and email and mail and in person to get it resolved.

At the end of the saga, I was planning on coming on here and computing how much time she spent and noting that had she gotten a minimum wage job it would have been more cost-effective than spending her hours trying to get back the money that we were owed.

Instead, she called them during the middle of last week and explained the problem. Then, on Friday, they called her back(?!) and told her that they were still working on it and that they didn't want her to think that they had forgotten about her. Then, they just called this morning, told her that they figured out the mistake, and that the check was going out today.

So, not only did they solve the problem in less than a week. And not only did they admit that it was their mistake. They actually kept in touch with us and made it seem like fixing their mistake was their job and not ours.

I am still stunned. I think that I'm going to buy a lottery ticket on the way home today.

Last edited by albionmoonlight : 06-04-2007 at 09:14 AM.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 09:18 AM   #2
Celeval
Pro Starter

Nice!
Celeval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 09:19 AM   #3
gstelmack
Pro Starter

It helps having an insurance company that is allegedly non-profit but is raking in the cash, so they are trying to figure out how to reduce their "profit" in a way that does not include lowering premiums, so they spend it on things like customer service, improved care, free generic prescriptions.

They're like Flasch's ideal company, where they aren't pocketing it or lining some exec's pockets at the expense of the consumer. Instead they are providing really good care and service to their customers.
Old 06-04-2007, 09:26 AM   #4
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

I worked for Blue in Philly and while it was harrowing and stressful, customer service was always a key component in things.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 09:48 AM   #5
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
Then, they just called this morning, told her that they figured out the mistake, and that the check was going out today.

Not to ran on your parade...i think I posted a similar story with my wife trying to get her money from AFLAC after being on maternity leave last fall with our son. 4 times the "check is going out today" starting in October, and we finally saw the money in March.
Suburban Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 10:24 AM   #6
gstelmack
Pro Starter

BCBS is usually really good about these things, so I think they really meant it.