Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-04-2007, 04:52 PM   #1
Axxon
Pro Starter

Johnny Applewee

Quote:
Urine prank leads to felony charges
PALM HARBOR – Two Palm Harbor University High School students have been arrested and charged with replacing an bottle of apple juice in a vending machine with their own urine, according to Pinellas County sheriff's officials.

Detectives said the boys, both 15, exploited a mechanical glitch in a Pepsi vending machine on the school's campus and were able to retrieve a bottle of Dole apple juice sometime in early April.

The boys then emptied the juice from the bottle, replaced it with their urine and placed it back into a vending machine, Pinellas Sheriff’s detectives said.

They waited for someone to purchase the drink. When no one did, they left the contaminated bottle in the machine.

An unsuspecting student then bought the apple juice on April 9. The unidentified boy then took a swig from the bottle on the bus ride home.

The victim smelled a foul odor and bad taste and told his mother, who called the Sheriff’s Office.

Investigators seized the bottle and test results showed that the bottle contained urine, officials said.

During the investigation, a school resource officer received tips directing authorities to two ninth graders.

The teens — both of Palm Harbor — were arrested and charged with on one count of poisoning of food or water with intent to injure or cause bodily harm, a felony.

I wonder if when they got arrested if they were told "Urine trouble now."

Axxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 05:17 PM   #2
Vince
Pro Starter

Not that I know much about legalese, but doesn't "intent to injure or cause bodily harm" seem harsh? It sounds like some stupid kids pulling a prank before thinking it through...not like some vindictive "let's poison someone!" idea.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 05:23 PM   #3
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince View Post
Not that I know much about legalese, but doesn't "intent to injure or cause bodily harm" seem harsh? It sounds like some stupid kids pulling a prank before thinking it through...not like some vindictive "let's poison someone!" idea.

I believe the intent is to scare potential copycats away by getting publicity on it being a felony. Then they'll eventually plead guilty to much lesser charges.

If they push the felony, I agree that they are going overboard and not using that particular charge for what its intent is.

Last edited by Atocep : 05-04-2007 at 05:23 PM.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 05:29 PM   #4
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince View Post

you wouldnt think so if you chuged the drink
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 05:40 PM   #5
JediKooter
Coordinator

The victim said that it had a little wang to it.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 05:40 PM   #6
Axxon
Pro Starter

Since urine is generally safe to drink though ant attempt to prove "intent to injure or cause bodily harm" is going to be tough to prove barring other evidence stating that they thought it could cause harm.