Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-28-2000, 10:15 PM   #1
OldSchool
High School Varsity

Post Playcalling Feature Requests

* "Navigation" buttons on the in-game scoreboard screen. They'd allow you to view the past couple of plays while you're simming. I often get a player hurt but don't realize it until he's unavailable on the playcall screen, and there's no way to view the prior play.

* A team toggle button on the playcalling screen that would show the individual stats for the other team. (ie, you have the ball, but want to see how many yards your opponent's star RB has right now)

* The ability to view rosters while in a game. I always see last names, and don't realize who I'm looking at until afterwards. I think it would help with the immersion factor. If "81 WR Alberts" makes a big 3rd down catch against me, it doesn't register. But if I could look up his player screen at the time, and see its "Eddie Alberts, #3 overall pick out of Virginia Tech", it makes more of an impression, and there's more liklihood of recall(I think).

OldSchool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2000, 01:42 PM   #2
GhostBrown
n00b

Well hey, if this is a playcalling screen wishlist...

I agree with those, in fact seeing the other side's stats would be cool. But what the playcalling screen needs is:

(A) play action (just a radio button on/off) - this is a HUGE part of the NFL game these days

(B) - and this is kind of the converse of that - draw plays (again, could be radio button) or (better still) some kind of blocking scheme drop-down box (straight-up, pull, cutback, draw, trap would do it).

I realise these are non-issues to those out there who play FOF as GM-only but that's not everyone!

Plus (actually this is just getting to general wishlist now) why are there only 2 receivers in the progression on each play? Surely it can't be too hard to throw to someone else (ie you pick the top 2 patterns but the other eligible guys - there are 3 of them! - can still catch passes). The NFL's not high school! - um, unless you're the Browns, of course, then most high schools would kick your ass by halftime...
GhostBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2000, 12:12 AM   #3
Ctown-Fan
High School Varsity

Ouch . . .

well, "If I had a million dollars . . .I'd buy them a lineman."