Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-02-2000, 11:46 PM   #1
ShagVT
H.S. Freshman Team

Post Salaries not congruous with ability

This was posted by QuikSand in a career thread, and I have had similar experience in my own games.

Quote:
A nice case study here. RB Kim Newsome has played 4 years, started for two of them, and has 2,420 yards on 4.3 ypc. His ratings are all in the 40-50 range. A decent back, but as the colts decided, not a starter. Newsome is currently getting offers of $13m a year.

By contrast, RB Ronald Shepard has played 6 years, staring them all. He has 9,729 yards on 5.1 ypc. He is a total stud- with two of the best running seasons in league history. His ratings are almost all in the 80s. Shepard is currently receiving offers in the $14m a year range.

I have two complaints about the free agency salaries in FOF 2001. First is the one Jim has already acknowledged - that young players without a lot of talent demand salaries that are too high. By the same token though, if you have a player who is head and sholders above the rest of the league, this guy should command a huge salary.

Their free agency demands will likely be identical though, and teams may or may not bid on them proportionate to their ability.

ShagVT is offline   Reply With Quote