Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-30-2000, 12:47 AM   #1
kdukart
n00b

Post Jim, Please consider my bug

Jim,

I love the game. you made some nice improvements. I notice two things that I think should be a priority for fixing. They probably aren't technically bugs but they are definitely problems. here goes:

1. Bad to mediocre players ask for too much money and won't come down until after training camp of the next year. I play on Wall Street so I don't know if that has a lot to do with it. Here is an example. 1st year with Steelers. WR Bobby Shaw, with very mediocre ratings plays in 2 games, is my fifth rec, and then gets hurt for the rest of the season. In the offseason, he wants between 2-3 million a year as a free agent. What?! This consistantly happens every year. You can't keep any backups as their contract demands are ludicrous. I think players have to perform at least a little and have some potential before they can demand anything above 1 mil. I have DTs who are not very good asking for 4 million. I might keep the dude if he wanted 600,000 but no one will pick him up for this. This also leads (and this has been a problem since the first game) to decent players on the market for the entire year and then leaving football altogether. Another example. Chris Fuamatu-Malafaa(sp?) turned into a good enough back where I let Bettis sign elsewhere. He then rushes for 800 or so yards and has a pretty good year. He is a free agent and demands like 5 mil a year. Nobody signs him of course. During training camp, nobody picks him up. He sits out the year and is never heard from again. This isn't right in my opinion. Very few good players ever sit out an entire year. On this game a number do every year. I would appreciate if you could look at this for a patch.

2. The other problem is that salary cap totals factoring in signing bonuses aren't calculated properly when you trade or release players. I think at least. You get all your cap room back when you should be penalized for the signing bonus portion.

3. Whoops one more. When you trade in the draft, the computer won't let you trade for draft picks if the pick you are sending puts them over the cap. This seems to make sense except the computer doesn't factor in the draft pick being sent away. So if a team has just enough cap room to sign its picks and I offer to send a 2nd rounder this year and a 1st next year for their 1st rounder, it won't let me because of cap room. This doesn't make sense since they would be spending less money this year if the trade happened.

Hope you can look into these. Thanks.

Kyle

P.S. Remember me, I beta tested FOF2 for ya.

kdukart is offline   Reply With Quote