Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-29-2003, 10:55 PM   #1
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Ping: Anyone Who Can Help Me Find CM$ EP#3's injury-fix file...

This seems absolutely ridiculous, but I have searched all over the sigames site, and I have found only fleeting references and no download links for the EP #3 with the injury fix. I know Marc said it was a quiet release, but what the heck?

Any help would be appreciated. BTW, I searched for and found the thread about this here, and neither klayman's nor Marc Vaughan's link seems to be active anymore. So please don't send me there.

Also, if it turns out that the current EP#3 at the site is now the updated one, then I would highly recommend to Marc that he gets whoever runs the Web site to actually list the EP#3 as being the adjusted file and the proper date of its posting--right now it still says the original data and no_data files, released May 9.

Also times two, if I re-download EP#3 will it recognize that I don't have the injury-fix version? I had problems with this with the data/no_data thing, as I accidentally downloaded the no_data thing first. The data followup then said I already had the version and wouldn't install the extra data files! How annoying is that? I had to re-install CM4 to get the proper EP#3 up, with data.

Once again, any help is appreciated. And I also believe that this should be a heck of a lot easier than it has been.

Chief Rum

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.

Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2003, 11:03 PM   #2
Easy Mac

here is a place to download it from http://www.vaggabond.com/seville/cm4.zip
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2003, 11:03 PM   #3
Easy Mac

dola nevermind, doesn't work
Old 05-29-2003, 11:18 PM   #4
Easy Mac

CR,

I was looking over their board.

The fix is now just the EP3. So just download EP3 from the from the site.

They said it was not a problem everyone had, so just sent the link to those who complained. It is a new version (4.05?) so it should know.
Old 05-30-2003, 02:52 AM   #5
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

I agree its not ideal that it hasn't got a new version number - the honest explanation for this is simply that:

4.0.5 = EP#3
4.0.6 = EP#3+2 Leagues (magazine version)

These were created at the same time, but because of production lags 4.0.6 didn't appear for a month (ie. until the magazine came out).

This meant we couldn't really update the version number easily within our version code withouot rewriting it speciically for a minor release (which I'd prefer not to do for obvious reasons).

Because we did the update before too many people had downloaded EP#3 (around 30,000 people had it) we decided to take the approach of updating our download and emailing a link to an exe download to anyone who reported the problem - its not ideal I know and I'm sorry about that.

With regards to the EP#3+2 Leagues version found on the magazine cover we are releasing the new leagues for download as part of EP#4 (as having three versions of EP#3 is enough for me personally ).
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2003, 07:15 AM   #6
Samdari
Roster Filler

Marc, you did not answer the basic question yet.

What is someone to do who downloaded the original EP#3, and now wants the injury fix? The vaggabond link does not work.
Old 05-30-2003, 07:36 AM   #7
BreizhManu
College Benchwarmer

I've uploaded it HERE

when you've downloaded the original EP3, install it and replace the cm4.exe file by this one.
BreizhManu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2003, 11:12 AM   #8
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

BreizhManu beat me to it (an alternative is to download the EP again and reset the version number in the registry (or uninstall and reinstall the game)).

PS. Thanks BreizhManu

Last edited by Marc Vaughan : 05-30-2003 at 11:12 AM.
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2003, 11:20 AM   #9
BreizhManu
College Benchwarmer

you're welcome
BreizhManu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2003, 01:31 PM   #10
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Thank you, everyone. It is much appreciated. I downloaded the exe from BreizhManu's link and am replacing the file in the main folder even as we speak.

Marc, I am looking forward to EP4.

Chief Rum

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote