Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-29-2003, 12:10 PM   #1
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

CM4: Superdraft

Has anyone figured it out yet? I tried scouting the combine but I couldnt. So basically I picked my players based soley on player ratings and failed. I got maybe one good player. A defender I took in the second round has a marking rating of one! How do you scout the players?

GoldenEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2003, 12:34 PM   #2
Blade6119
Coordinator

....also...is the superdraft any good...i really want to get this game, and this being good or not is the one thing i waiting on...
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2003, 01:02 PM   #3
Easy Mac

No offense to Marc and the CM Crew, as I commned them for trying to implement it in the game, and I thank them for their hardwork. That being said, the draft is completely worthless.

- Can't scout the combine, or at least by the time it starts. Even then, scouts don' report until at least 2-3 days later, by then it is all over.

- Player ratings mean very little from what I've seen. The players with the best ratings who were attackers had ratings of 1 in most offensive categories (had ratings turned on). The players with the best skills (maybe 5 players total were worth drafting, 2 maybe starting) had the worst ratings.

- The computer drafting AI is horrible. I had the 3rd pick in round 1, and I got the best player by far. The computer drafted possibly the worst players I have ever seen, these guys wouldn't even make D3 teams. I also proceded to get the best goalie, the top 2 defenders, and 2 of the top 3 midfielders with my picks.

- When i played, the player ages were not where they needed to be. I think they were all too young, almost all were 17, when in reality, maybe 4-5 IRL are that age.

- Also, trading is impossible in the MLS. The computer would offer to take a player of mine I had listed, but they cannot offer money. But the computer offered me nothing in return. As soon as I added one of their players of even just a draft pick, it was rejected. If I offered to get one of their players in a trade, it didn't work.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2003, 01:38 PM   #4
condors
College Starter

easymac

how do you know you got the best players ?

i have no idea how good anyone is when its my turn to choose
condors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2003, 03:02 PM   #5
Easy Mac

Condors, are you playing with attribute masking? If you are, then I would think the draft is impossible.

If you have all attributes showing (masking off), then it is easy to see that I got the players with the highest attributes.
Old 05-29-2003, 03:54 PM   #6
BreizhManu
College Benchwarmer

which doesn't mean they have the highest potential... If you're unable to scout them, you won't know if you got the best ones
BreizhManu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2003, 05:02 PM   #7
Easy Mac

ok, when computer players picked have no rating higher than 5 in any category, I don't think they are the best players. An example, 4 players picked in the first round of one i did this afternoon, all defenders, 3 had a rating of 1 in tackling, speed and marking, with 90% of the other ratings under 8. The other had over 13 in each category, and pretty much that high across the board. I got the one with 13's at pick number 9.
Old 05-30-2003, 01:15 AM   #8
fflix
Mascot

I've decided to try out CM4. I've never played any of the previous iterations. Does the problems with the mls draft mean I should start with some other league?
fflix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2003, 02:55 AM   #9
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Drafts - This is something 'new' to us and we're somewhat learning as we go, one recent advantage we've got now is that Phillip (one of our new junior developers) is American and has been giving us a lot of pointers with regards to how the drafts work etc. .....

(Phillip is part of the EHM:FE team and is working exclusively on that title, but it doesn't mean I can't pick his brains for the CM4 draft now and then )
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2003, 06:08 AM   #10
condors
College Starter

I am not sure it could be worked but could the option of scouting the draft pool be an option hopefully the scout could recommand a couple players and those of us who like attribute masking would get something to go on when the draft comes?

It would be even better if you could get the draft list and click on a player and get your scouts thoughts on him
condors is offline   Reply With Quote