Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-16-2000, 02:49 PM   #1
Eight_Man_Front
n00b

Question Bug or Wall Street Difficulty Feature

Newly registered frequent forum reader here so bear with me for a minute.

I've been tooling around with FOF2001, Wall Street, Cincinnati Bengals. I like the difficulty, the cap troubles, the stingy (although at times ridiculous trade/resigning) AI, etc. I've come across many of the well documented 'bugs' such as YAC being a bit wacky, trading draft picks downwards during the draft, etc. I won't beat a dead horse. All in all, I would say a very challenging game.

One thing I noticed just the other night with my 9 and 7 2000 Bengals is that opponents WILL not accept a draft pick trade downwards in future years. For example:

Cincinnati 2001 1st round (19) for Minnesota 2002 2nd round. Seems I have to throw in a 6th rounder or something to sweeten the pot. Does this make any sense at all? It seems that ALL teams, regardless of ability, cap room, etc will deny this trade straight up. Is this an artifact of the 'stingy' AI on Wall Street level, or would this ever possibly happen in the real world? Only time I can see is if I had a real late 1st round pick and was trading for a real early 2nd round pick in the same year. Sometimes cap problems prohibit teams from paying a 1st round salary, but could pay a 2nd round salary instead.

Just wondering, and apologies if this had been posted on a previous thread, like I said, I am new here.

Thx

Eight_Man_Front is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2000, 10:57 AM   #2
Houlihan
n00b

I think this may be a Wall Street security issue. I started off playing Main Street to get the hang of the new engine, and was regularly able to trade current 1st round picks for 1st round picks in following years pretty much straight up (unless the current pick was 20 or 30 something).
Houlihan is offline   Reply With Quote