Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-02-2007, 02:54 PM   #1
Kodos
Resident Alien

Rodney Harrison: Poetic justice?

Anyone else think that it is nice to see the league's dirtiest player go down on a cheap shot? What comes around goes around, Rodney.

Patriots | Team feels Titan intentionally hurt Harrison
Mon, 1 Jan 2007 12:24:44 -0800

John Tomase, of the Boston Herald, reports the New England Patriots felt the injury suffered to SS Rodney Harrison's (leg) right leg in Week 17 was intentional. After Tennessee Titans WR Bobby Wade executed a low, second-quarter block that took out Harrison's legs, Patriots players said they saw Titans head coach Jeff Fisher wink and smile toward the field in approval. Patriots LB Tedy Bruschi then rushed towards the Titans' sideline before being restrained. "It was a dirty play," Harrison said. "He wasn't just trying to block me. He dove at my knees intentionally. He was trying to hurt me. The whole play was dirty."

http://www.kffl.com/popuphotw.php?id=354152

Patriots | Poll shows Harrison is dirtiest player in the league - from www.KFFL.com
Thu, 19 Oct 2006 21:26:37 -0700

Mark Farinella, of the Sun Chronicle, reports New England Patriots SS Rodney Harrison was voted as the dirtiest player in the league, according to a poll done by Sports Illustrated. Harrison, speaking Wednesday, Oct. 18, said, ""All I can say is, as many guys that say I'm a dirty player, just as many guys walk up to me and say they admire the way I play and my hard work, commitment, toughness, everything. If that's the pride you're looking for, maybe I take pride in that." Of the 361 players polled during the preseason, 23 percent said Harrison was the dirtiest player. It was also the second time in the past three years he has topped the poll.

Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 03:00 PM   #2
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Is it me, or does Jeff Fisher just strike you as a sleazy, dirty guy? Not just with this alleged incident, but overall.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 03:00 PM   #3
Butter
Coordinator

The Patriots would never do something like that. They are like a team of 45 Jesuses and 8 not quite as good, inactive Jesuses being coached by God himself.
Old 01-02-2007, 03:03 PM   #4
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
Is it me, or does Jeff Fisher just strike you as a sleazy, dirty guy? Not just with this alleged incident, but overall.

Not really. My impression is that he is a great coach. However, they are definately stocking that squad with asshats.

Not sure what to make of it. Wade's block was borderline. I hate to think Wade was thinking of taking his knee out on that play.
Old 01-02-2007, 03:09 PM   #5
Kodos
Resident Alien

I would have to see a replay that showed the alleged wink before I put much stock in it. I don't know if it was an intentional cheap shot or not, but I can't think of another active player who deserves it more. Romanowski maybe, but he's retired.
Old 01-02-2007, 03:10 PM   #6
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I don't think Harrison is the dirtiest player; one of the hardest hitting definitely. I'd throw a vote out there for Sean Taylor or Jerramy Stevens.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 03:11 PM   #7
st.cronin
General Manager

He's no PJ Stock, that's for sure.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 03:12 PM   #8
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

After watching Dallas' Roy Williams play, I would have to say he should be in consideration as well. Not only is he the Horse Collar Guy, but he seems to relish helmet-to-helmet hits.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 03:12 PM   #9
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

hasn't eugene wilson (also a Pat) been fined more than Harrison the past two seasons?

Harrison definately has the rep, but i dunno that he has the street cred anymore...
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 03:12 PM   #10
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army View Post
I don't think Harrison is the dirtiest player; one of the hardest hitting definitely. I'd throw a vote out there for Sean Taylor or Jerramy Stevens.

I personally feel like Taylor is more stupid than dirty...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 03:13 PM   #11
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
I would have to see a replay that showed the alleged wink before I put much stock in it. I don't know if it was an intentional cheap shot or not, but I can't think of another active player who deserves it more. Romanowski maybe, but he's retired.

that's a little much

Harrison will give you the business a little and be annoying but he isn't spitting in people's faces or anything like that.

I guess you love Harrison when he's on your team but hate him if he isn't. Not sure he's "dirty" though.
Old 01-02-2007, 03:15 PM   #12
Kodos
Resident Alien

Isn't he the most fined player in league history?
Old 01-02-2007, 03:17 PM   #13
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
Isn't he the most fined player in league history?

Don't know but it's largely irrelevant. I'm sure Bobby Wade is way down on the list.
Old 01-02-2007, 03:22 PM   #14
Kodos
Resident Alien

Not if he's being fined for cheap shots, helmet-to-helmet hits, etc.
Old 01-02-2007, 03:28 PM   #15
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

YOUR GOD DAMN RIGHT I ORDERED THE CODE RED!!!
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 03:38 PM   #16
Noble_Platypus
College Prospect

[quote=rkmsuf;1346787]Not really. My impression is that he is a great coach. However, they are definately stocking that squad with asshats.

I think this is the first time this year that this statement has been made about a team not located on Cincy
Old 01-02-2007, 03:49 PM   #17
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post

YOUR GOD DAMN RIGHT I ORDERED THE CODE RED!!!

Looks like he's about to order a code red, prison-style.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 04:33 PM   #18
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
Harrison has been voted the dirtiest player in the past. Whether it's still true, I couldn't say; I don't even know what sorts of things he had a reputation for doing then.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 04:54 PM   #19
TroyF
Coordinator

Harrison has consistently been a dirty player. The amazing thing is the two year period or so where the refs just stopped calling crap on him. He wasn't any less dirty, he just got away with whatever he wanted. I remember a Patriots/Panthers game a year ago where he just cold cocked Delhomme who was on top of the pile stuffed.

I don't wish injury on anyone, but karma is a bitch.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 04:56 PM   #20
cuervo72
Head Coach

I don't like seeing guys injured (ok...besides that one time with Michael Irvin), but I'm not really crying for Harrison here.

And I like Jeff Fisher -- would have loved for him to have been hired by the Eagles in the early 90s (had been the DC there under Buddy).
Old 01-02-2007, 05:10 PM   #21
Logan
Head Coach

Is there a link to a video clip?
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 05:37 PM   #22
Deattribution
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

I've never got that impression. He's a great coach, well respected by his players and the guy could be fired today and he'd have a job tomorrow without a doubt.

Even Steve McNair played in Fisher's charity softball event despite being on the outs with the team (he may even already been traded, I can't remember now).
Deattribution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 05:59 PM   #23
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I remember an interview with McNair before he played the Titans for the 2nd time this season and he said that he didn't blame Fisher at all. He said that Fisher wasn't part of the problem in Tennessee.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 06:02 PM   #24
JediKooter
Coordinator

I have to disagree with the people the say Rodney is a dirty player. Watching him all the years he was in San Diego, not one time did I think he was a dirty player. Now, seeing him in New England, I still do not see a dirty player. What I see is a player who's level of play is 150% at 300mph that will hit you as hard as he can.

Just my 2 cents.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 09:05 PM   #25
dime
High School JV

harrison has always been a cheap/dirty player...the interesting thing is that when the pats picked him up the media resurrected his image as some sort of ultra-competitive blue collar guy. the league's coaches and players know better.
dime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 09:13 PM   #26
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dime View Post
harrison has always been a cheap/dirty player...the interesting thing is that when the pats picked him up the media resurrected his image as some sort of ultra-competitive blue collar guy. the league's coaches and players know better.
That's the Patriot mystique for you. If almost any other coach in the league sent a guy out to make a drop kick or send a 78-year-old Vinny Testaverde to throw the ball at the end of game, he would be accused of running up the score or embarrassing his opponent. The reputation of the Patriots is that they can do no wrong. The Patriots could have sign OJ Simpson and Fred Goldman would say, "Maybe I was wrong about that guy ..."

That said, I don't begrudge the Patriots at all -- I think they've earned they've earned that reputation by generally doing things the right way and doing things the right way.

But Rodney Harrison is still a dirt bag. Just ask anyone's he took a cheap shot at over the years. He purposely hit Trent Green in the knee with his helmet in a freakin' exhibition game. And that happened when Green was with the Rams and I HATE St. Louis.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 09:15 PM   #27
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I was just going to say, "Ask Trent Green".

He's a dirty players, that's no secret.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 09:22 PM   #28
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

I woulda thought an Offensive linemen would be the dirtiest player in the league.

just cause I guess.
Old 01-03-2007, 09:29 AM   #29
Warhammer
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcchief19 View Post
But Rodney Harrison is still a dirt bag. Just ask anyone's he took a cheap shot at over the years. He purposely hit Trent Green in the knee with his helmet in a freakin' exhibition game. And that happened when Green was with the Rams and I HATE St. Louis.

Agreed. I remember that hit, but it did win the Rams a Super Bowl.
Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 09:34 AM   #30
Subby
lolzcat

Quote:
I think you are just prejudiced against mustaches!

Don't let Pumpy see this thread!
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 09:39 AM   #31
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Are we sure that Pumpy still has a mustache? I think I may need photographic evidence to confirm.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 09:43 AM   #32
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

hay guys whats going on up in this thread
Old 01-03-2007, 09:44 AM   #33
Butter
Coordinator

I think Pumpy still has a mustache, but it is now created not by hair but by coal dust.
Old 01-03-2007, 09:46 AM   #34
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter_of_69 View Post
I think Pumpy still has a mustache, but it is now created not by hair but by coal dust.
Nice one!
Old 01-03-2007, 10:12 PM   #35
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhammer View Post

I watched that pre season game and the 'hit' was him being pushed by one of Green's own linemen into Green.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 10:33 PM   #36
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhammer View Post

True dat!
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 11:19 PM   #37
clintl
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by k0ruptr View Post
I woulda thought an Offensive linemen would be the dirtiest player in the league.

Conrad Dobler retired.
clintl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 11:31 PM   #38
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Since you asked the question of whether or not Rodney Harrison was in Poetic Justice, I will have to say no. Janet Jackson and Tupac Shakur were in that movie, but I see no evidence that Rodney Harrison was in it. Why don't you check your facts mister!
Old 01-04-2007, 12:50 AM   #39
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

I'm sure there is something to it, if his peers have declared him a dirty player. That said, I really haven't considered him to be dirty, and have more considered him to be a hard as nails tough SOB, that played very hard all of the time. I also believe that the hit on TGreen wasn't dirty. Not near as dirty as other hits on QBs where prone Dlinemen have crawled/lunged through a quarterback's legs.
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 08:42 AM   #40
Kodos
Resident Alien

Not thinking of a hit on ... say... Carson Palmer, are you?
Old 01-04-2007, 08:45 AM   #41
B & B
College Benchwarmer

Location: A sports era long ago when everything didnt require a Nike logo
Quote:

All three are in the top 10. Well done.
Old 01-04-2007, 06:55 PM   #42
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antmeister View Post
Since you asked the question of whether or not Rodney Harrison was in Poetic Justice, I will have to say no. Janet Jackson and Tupac Shakur were in that movie, but I see no evidence that Rodney Harrison was in it. Why don't you check your facts mister!
I always get Poetic Justice and Jason's Lyric mixed up, even though I've never seen either movie.
Old 01-04-2007, 08:03 PM   #43
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
I always get Poetic Justice and Jason's Lyric mixed up, even though I've never seen either movie.

That's funny, I always get Bring It On and She's All That mixed up, even though I've seen both movies.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 08:32 PM   #44
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKooter View Post
I have to disagree with the people the say Rodney is a dirty player. Watching him all the years he was in San Diego, not one time did I think he was a dirty player. Now, seeing him in New England, I still do not see a dirty player. What I see is a player who's level of play is 150% at 300mph that will hit you as hard as he can.

Just my 2 cents.

The guy's peers think he's a cheap ass. They don't count in this at all?
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote