Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-17-2006, 01:06 PM   #1
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Exclamation Samsung Refrigerators???

Our next-door neighbors are moving. Today. They just asked us if we wanted to purchase their fridge. It has a bottom freezer, which we've never had, but want. Also, it's black, and there's a good chance that we're going to want a black fridge for our next home, and put the white one in the garage. They say they bought it for ~$950, and they're asking $550. Anyone have any experiences, positive or negative, with Samsungs?

Ben E Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 01:11 PM   #2
stevew
Hall Of Famer

If it's still under some sort of tranferrable warranty, then maybe it would be worth a purchase. From what I've read, some of their units use two different evaporators, which mean that the freezer and refrigerator's contents don't mingle. Basically no smells transfer into the freezer(the ice specifically). 550 is pretty steep though, unless it's less than a year old IMO.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 01:25 PM   #3
Ben E Lou

It's 6 months old.
Old 12-17-2006, 01:34 PM   #4
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

I have some buddies in the appliance repair market. They say that the Samsung's are SO advanced that no one knows how to work on them. They say they are great, but when they go down, it is quite the chore to fix them. At least a few months back one of the reasons for this was that Samsung is reluctant to share their technology with anyone, including the people they have contracted with to handle their repair work.
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 01:50 PM   #5
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glengoyne View Post
At least a few months back one of the reasons for this was that Samsung is reluctant to share their technology with anyone, including the people they have contracted with to handle their repair work.

Smart move Samsung.

Just an FYI...the freezer on the bottom is probably the greatest innovation in fridge technology since...I don't know, whatever. But it's awesome.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 02:24 PM   #6
spleen1015
Coordinator

Do it.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 03:13 PM   #7
Ben E Lou

"Now you know good and well that you don't want to have to load that big ol' fridge on the truck, so it sounds like ol' J.R.'s got you over a few barrels of oil! $350. Take it or leave it!"
Old 12-17-2006, 04:01 PM   #8
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Yeah, you certainly have the leverage here. Let us know how it plays out.
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 04:12 PM   #9
Easy Mac

Well, I have a Samsung TV, and it broke after 4 months, so I sent it for repair, they sent me a replacement, only the replacement was a far inferior model worth over $300 less MSRP, so they asked the UPS guy if I wanted to be downgraded for free. So now I'm without a TV until they get around to getting everything right, so that's my take on Samsung... but maybe they're kick ass with fridges.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 04:16 PM   #10
Ben E Lou

Without acting like J.R., that's basically how I played it. The truth of the matter is that we don't know for certain that we'll need a black fridge, so it's a risk. I told him that if I were him I probably wouldn't take the offer, but $350 was the most we were willing to risk.

He took the offer.
Old 12-18-2006, 11:50 PM   #11
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Hey nice dickering there on the price. I hope the fridge works out for you. My buddies say that they really are advanced as appliances go. You can't go too wrong for $350
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 03:43 AM   #12
DeToxRox
Head Coach

No.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote