Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-17-2006, 05:39 PM   #1
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

(Wii) Mine has shipped.

Ack, I am screwed in the bank account, I thought it'd be a couple weeks, but just got a notice from Amazon, that my preorder of the Nintendo Wii has shipped.

SirFozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 05:51 PM   #2
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

[obligatory]
Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
[/obligatory]

You'll have to let us know what you think of it. I want one but probably not til after the holidays.

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 05:56 PM   #3
SunDevil
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
Ack, I am screwed in the bank account, I thought it'd be a couple weeks, but just got a notice from Amazon, that my preorder of the Nintendo Wii has shipped.

What. No, "I will keel you now" response for good ole amazon.

Congrats.
That's a double whammy and I hate you.
SunDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 05:57 PM   #4
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDevil View Post
What. No, "I will keel you now" response for good ole amazon.

Congrats.

heh, my bank account is REALLY screwed. I thought it would be mid december before I got it sent, so.. ugh.. next paycheck is next week :/
Old 11-17-2006, 06:14 PM   #5
Celeval
Pro Starter

Neat. Looking forward to reviews.
Celeval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 06:24 PM   #6
SackAttack
Head Coach

Wiiiiii!

I pick mine up Sunday with Zelda. I am hopeful that I may acquire Trauma Center and/or Call of Duty 3.

And Wii Points card.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 07:07 PM   #7
spleen1015
Coordinator

I'm getting mine at 12:01 Sunday morning!

I can't wait!
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 07:12 PM   #8
SackAttack
Head Coach

I can't pick mine up 'til after 3.

Stupid work.
Old 11-17-2006, 08:55 PM   #9
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
heh, my bank account is REALLY screwed. I thought it would be mid december before I got it sent, so.. ugh.. next paycheck is next week :/

I hope you didn't hit the obligatory 35 dollar service fees.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 08:58 PM   #10
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

SteveW: Nope, I have overdraft protection (if I didn't, it would have bounced).. but the good news is the folks have decided to pay for it, but it means that Monday, they show up here, pick it up, and hold it till 12/25
Old 11-17-2006, 08:59 PM   #11
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Dola: The good thing about it, is I can save up money for the games now (I REALLY want to try Madden with the Wii Controller)
Old 11-17-2006, 09:02 PM   #12
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
SteveW: Nope, I have overdraft protection (if I didn't, it would have bounced).. but the good news is the folks have decided to pay for it, but it means that Monday, they show up here, pick it up, and hold it till 12/25

Yeah, I didn't have the overdraft one time and they literally killed me. Glad to see that you were at least prepared better than I.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 11:25 PM   #13
MikeVic
Head Coach

I get mine Sunday with Zelda and 2 controllers/nunchucks. Does anyone know if the Wii Points card has a speicl, or will have one, where you get a free Classic Controller?
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 06:59 AM   #14
SackAttack
Head Coach

Mike, I'd heard some stuff the other way 'round a long time ago but don't know if anything ever came of that.

I do know that you can use the GameCube controller for the classic games, so for what that's worth...
Old 11-20-2006, 07:43 AM   #15
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Yow.

From Amazon's Wii Page:

We are currently out of stock: We sold out of our initial supply of the Wii on Sunday morning, November 19, in less than one minute. We expect to receive periodic shipments of the Wii from Nintendo throughout the holidays and we will post availability updates in this section of the product detail page as well as in the customer discussions below.
Old 11-20-2006, 08:21 AM   #16
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

My wife picked up her Wii yesterday afternoon. She had it reserved at EBGames, and by the time we got there at 1pm to pick it up, the guy working there jokingly complained that all except three had been picked up. He told us that we were slackers for showing up so late, because almost everyone else had been there when the store opened in the morning.

Now she's going to wrap it and wait until Christmas to open it. I find that pretty strange, but Dr. Tudors can be strange sometimes.
Old 11-20-2006, 08:40 AM   #17
Doug5984
College Benchwarmer

My roommate got one- I played a little of the Wii sports last night and I have to say it was pretty fun, I really liked the bowling.
Doug5984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 11:28 AM   #18
SackAttack
Head Coach

played some of mine last night. Lovin' the Virtual Console, and even my dad gets a kick out of the Wiimote.

Having some trouble getting it to work this morning though...
Old 11-20-2006, 11:28 AM   #19
SackAttack
Head Coach

Oh, incidental dola, Nintendo extends the system warranty from 12 to 15 months if you register the console.
Old 11-20-2006, 12:17 PM   #20
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:

So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 12:34 PM   #21
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

*grumbles*
Old 11-20-2006, 06:37 PM   #22
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
Now she's going to wrap it and wait until Christmas to open it. I find that pretty strange, but Dr. Tudors can be strange sometimes.

I dunno why but the title "Dr. Tudors" makes my chuckle

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 11:25 PM   #23
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

Mine arrived this afternoon. My family played Wii Sports tonight for a couple of hours, and I put in another couple of hours by myself. Was a lot of fun, but my arms are going to be sore tomorrow. Yikes.

The controller just sucks people in. It's impossible to watch a game without wanting to play. After starting up the tennis game, my wife asked if she could try. I gave her the controller and she asked me how to play. I thought about how I was going to explain how to play to her, and then it dawned on me: "Hit the ball". The only other thing I had to say was to press the "A" button to serve. For non-gamers, the simplicity of the control and the intuitiveness of the games are amazing. Really makes it easy to get into the games.

My wife, who isn't a gamer, had fun. My five-year-old son liked the bowling and the boxing. Even our three-year-old daughter enjoyed the boxing (she had trouble bowling because you have to hold-then-release the button on the back of the controller.) We didn't even get to golf or baseball.

Playing by myself, I tried baseball, bowling, tennis, and boxing. Surprisingly, I enjoyed the boxing best. I must have played for an hour or so. Your opponents are pretty easy in the beginning, but they're starting to get tougher now. I had one great three round match that I came from behind to win with a knock out in the last round. Really a blast.

Wii Sports is a great introduction to the system, but there are some places where I'm really not sure whether the game is skill or luck. Baseball, for example, seems quite random in terms of results, but maybe I just haven't figured out all the tricks to it yet. Boxing at times seems a bit unresponsive and then at other times seems too responsive.

I can't wait for some sports games that really take advantage of the controller. A full-fledged baseball game would be awesome. I'd love to give Madden a shot on the Wii as well. This thing has incredible potential.

Played on a CRT with the composite cables, and the graphics were better than I was expecting, for what it's worth.

Last edited by Godzilla Blitz : 11-29-2006 at 11:30 PM.
Godzilla Blitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 11:31 PM   #24
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack View Post
played some of mine last night. Lovin' the Virtual Console, and even my dad gets a kick out of the Wiimote.

Having some trouble getting it to work this morning though...

Reading the new replies and seeing this again.

For what it's worth, there's a 'reset' button inside the battery casing and also one by the SD memory card slot. Apparently my wiimote lost lock with the console and I had to push those to get it to re-lock.

Xbox 360 has one of those too. Never knew that until last week.