Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-14-2003, 04:07 PM   #1
Ragone
Pro Rookie

Neat Mmorpg announcement

http://www.station.sony.com/allaccess/

Everquest+everquest 2+planetside all for 21.99 a month.. hmm..

Ragone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2003, 04:15 PM   #2
sabotai
General Manager

Hmm....why the hell would you play Everquest when you have Everquest II? It'd be better if it was EQ2 - Planetside - Star Wars. But that won't happen...
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2003, 04:15 PM   #3
Calis
College Starter

If they PAID ME 21 bucks a month, I wouldn't have a subscription for EQ.
Calis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2003, 04:19 PM   #4
Ragone
Pro Rookie

Reading the fine print.. they state they can't offer it for Lucasart's Swg.. damn .. but your right.. This makes me more likely to at least give planetside a few months to develop

and hell.. they sent me a free trial disk of eqoa haha
Old 05-14-2003, 04:23 PM   #5
sabotai
General Manager

Hmm, I didn't realize that Star Wars wasn't going to be published by SOE...oh well. I have interest in EQ2 anyway. I do plan on giving Planetside a chance though. So it's not worth it for me.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2003, 04:26 PM   #6
Ragone
Pro Rookie

well if both turn out to be good. you'd likely save 5 bucks a month.. so it might be worth it

cancelled shadowbane today.. just wasn't what i wanted.. was like paying to play nwn online
Old 05-14-2003, 04:44 PM   #7
Eilim
High School Varsity

hehe.. Figures, I just gave my two EQ accounts to my sister and brother in law then they come out with this. Oh well, I needed to get over my MMORPG addiction anyways.

Still fighting my urges to check out Star Wars Galaxies though.. Just hoping some game comes out that completely pulls me in so I can avoid all subscription based games entirely.

-Eilim
Eilim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2003, 04:45 PM   #8
Ragone
Pro Rookie

Wonder how that effects eq legends server status... hmm
Old 05-14-2003, 04:47 PM   #9
Brillig
College Prospect

Legends subscribers automatically get free subs to the other listed games.
Brillig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2003, 04:56 PM   #10
Samdari
Roster Filler

Actually, that reads to me like they are forcing EQ subscribers to subscribe to Planetside, and telling them they are doing them a favor by knocking five bucks off the price. Nothing in there about having the option to still pay the single game subscription price if you only want to play one game. Sorry if that seems cynical, but not only am I a cynical bastard in general, but Sony has earned it as well.
Old 05-14-2003, 05:08 PM   #11
Brillig
College Prospect

No, the original EQ only subscription continues. That page is just for the new subscription option.

And no, Sony hasn't earned it. Sorry.
Brillig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2003, 11:08 AM   #12
Samdari
Roster Filler

Sony hasn't earned the reputation for being money grubbing when it comes to EQ???? You are kidding, right?
Old 05-15-2003, 11:11 AM   #13
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

The game I'm looking forward to: Check it out

Either really good, or really bad.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2003, 11:12 AM   #14
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

I had fun with Everquest, but I've learned my lesson. I paid for that game 3 times over, and I don't have much to show for it. It was fun, but not $150 worth of fun.

I know everyone is jazzed up for Star Wars Galaxies, but I just don't see how they are going to be able to keep it from turning into EQ in space. I can here the auction shouts now..."Vader's Light Sabre! 1 million credits or trade for Jedi Armor!"

sachmo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2003, 11:26 AM   #15
Samdari
Roster Filler

You are probably right sachmo. But, I have pre-ordered and will sink at least six months into the game before I truly evaluate it. While Sony is developing it, it is not the same people who developed EQ. And, if I am not mistaken, Sony will not be administering the game either(?)

And Grant, MEO (which I will also try like the sheep these game companies know I am) is just not worth discussing yet. For the typical post EQ MMO world, add two years to the initial date you hear a company is aiming for when they announce a game, and you will come pretty close to the actual release date.

EQ II coming in Fall 2005...
Old 05-15-2003, 11:48 AM   #16
Radii
Head Coach

You only blew $150 on EQ? Wow. Lets see, EQ, Kunark, Velious, about 24 months with one account, about 15 months with a second account... I guess I ran upwards of $500 on it? No, more than that, I had to buy two copies of allof it for that second account, more like $600 or $700. If I wasn't an idiot I would have turned a profit on it by ebaying, but, alas, I am an idiot.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2003, 12:46 PM   #17
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally posted by Samdari

And Grant, MEO (which I will also try like the sheep these game companies know I am) is just not worth discussing yet. For the typical post EQ MMO world, add two years to the initial date you hear a company is aiming for when they announce a game, and you will come pretty close to the actual release date.

It is for me, because that will be the next MMO game I buy. I don't care if it it is three years before it comes out.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2003, 06:46 AM   #18
Mega
n00b

I've also heard that they are going to offer special items or somesuch if you have an EQ and EQ2 account at the same time. I guess pumping people for just 1 subscription a month isn't enough anymore.

If I were going to buy an MMORPG, I would probably get City of Heroes. But that's just if.
Mega is offline   Reply With Quote