Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-14-2003, 01:16 AM   #1
JeeberD
General Manager

Beware of flying basketballs

Keep your eye on the little kid running around...

Nothing like people getting knocked upside the head to make me laugh...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO

JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2003, 10:40 AM   #2
kid_dynamite
Mascot

oh man...thats horrible that that clip makes me laugh, but i cant help it.
Old 05-14-2003, 11:20 AM   #3
Blade
College Prospect

It was pretty funny...there is an extended version of the incident that shows the kid getting right back up afterwards, so he wasn't hurt too bad...

Loyal fan of the Edmonton Oilers and Philadelphia Eagles.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2003, 12:18 PM   #4
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Originally posted by Blade
there is an extended version of the incident that shows the kid getting right back up afterwards, so he wasn't hurt too bad...

That's good. I feel like k_d, I feel bad for the kid but can't help but laugh.

Of course, I can't tell you how many times I've been hit in the head by flying objects in my life, so I've paid my dues and earned the right to laugh...

Old 05-14-2003, 12:30 PM   #5
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

That happened to a cheerleader at one of our high school basketball games. The group I was watching it with literally burst out laughing, and so did I.

The poor girl was bawling her eyes out and when I saw that I did have to stop laughing. And the parents sitting around us kept on talking about how we should respect the girl and blah blah.

I'm sorry that it happened, but it was funny as hell. Sheesh.

Neuqua
Our Deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?
Neuqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2003, 12:31 PM   #6
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

dola...

btw, am I still the only person using "Sheesh" in a sentence?
Our Deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?
Neuqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2003, 12:34 PM   #7
Franklinnoble
Banned

When I was in high school, one of the cheerleaders at one of our football games didn't quite stick the landing at the end of a series of handsprings... she landed flat on her ass... hard. It was funnier than sh*t, because even SHE was laughing in between the sobs of pain.
Franklinnoble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2003, 12:41 PM   #8
ctmason
High School JV

I was bent over playing in the dirt (around 3 at the time) and got nailed in the a$$ with a soccer ball at one of my older brother's games. Pretty funny. I think I cried but everyone was laughing.

Saw a 75+ year old woman get hit with a basketball at a church function. One of the Filipino transplants from our mission was screwing around and kicked the basketball high in the air. I was on the opposite side of both of them and could have yelled out to warn the lady, but didn't. BAM! Right in the back of her head. She was okay though. Personally I'm glad I didn't warn her. There, I said it.
ctmason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2003, 12:44 PM   #9
Franklinnoble
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by ctmason

Saw a 75+ year old woman get hit with a basketball at a church function. One of the Filipino transplants from our mission was screwing around and kicked the basketball high in the air. I was on the opposite side of both of them and could have yelled out to warn the lady, but didn't. BAM! Right in the back of her head. She was okay though. Personally I'm glad I didn't warn her. There, I said it.

Go and sin no more.
Franklinnoble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2003, 12:49 PM   #10
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

I still laugh at this incident....

We were playing 2 on 2 basketball in a gym. Towards the end of our time their, the next group of people were on the sidelines warming up for whatever they were going to use the gym for.

My friend was driving to the basket and I swatted his shot away, hard. A very small lady was standing on the baseline of the court.

My block sent the ball flying into the cement wall, which actually seemed to accelerate the ball, and then directly into the side of her face. She went down like a pile of bricks. I thought I killed her.

After she got up, quite dizzy, I was relieved, but I couldn't stop laughing that night (and to this day) about that whole sequence....

Block, of the wall, into the face, collapse. She never saw it coming.

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."
Marmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2003, 12:59 PM   #11
CamEdwards
Stadium Announcer

I knocked down a little old lady once.

No basketball or anything, just walking by, then... SHOVE!

good times.
Old 05-14-2003, 01:08 PM   #12
heybrad
Norm!!!

One time I was playing some one-on-one with Fritz. He told me, "Sorry I hit you in the balls." I said, "You didnt hit me in the balls." Fritz said, "Yes I did. Maybe I should rub them for you."

I dont play basketball with Fritz anymore.
heybrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2003, 01:13 PM   #13
cincyreds
High School Varsity

Quote:
btw, am I still the only person using "Sheesh" in a sentence?

No, I use "Sheesh" in a sentence sometimes too.

I also say, Sheeshamonga!

LOL!
Old 05-14-2003, 05:04 PM   #14
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Sheeshamonga!

I never can remember: Is that in NoCal or SoCal?
Old 05-14-2003, 05:10 PM   #15
ColtCrazy
College Starter

A fellow teacher and I went outside after school to toss the football around. Of course, a bunch of the local kids starting standing around as we were throwing it (probably showing off our Jim Harbaugh like range) Anyway, I threw one up high and straight. It went straight through his arms and hit his jewels hard. All the kids and I laughed and laughed. He transferred a year later. I wonder why.....
ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2003, 11:15 PM   #16
JeeberD
General Manager

When I was in junior high I was on a youth baseball team. The team was really, really good, and I was one of the youngest kids on the team, so I never got any playing time. Well, we made it to what could be considered the national finals (I was living in Germany at the time) and we were warming up next to the field while another game was going on. Me and a friend were playing catch, and he decided to throw me a high pop fly. Well, I was never the best at catching pop flys, and I just barely misjudged this one, but it went just over the top of my glove and smacked me hard on my forehead. Luckily it didn't hurt that much (I was much more embarrased than hurt), but it wasn't something I would want to do again.

And then there was the time that I was catching a softball game and the ball bounced just right behind the plate and bounced up to nail me in the nose and give me a bloody nose.

And then there was the time that my best friend nailed me in the head with a good sized rock.

And then there was the time that my mom walked me face first into the side mirror of a car in a parking lot.

And I can't tell you how many times I've ben nailed in the head playing basketball.

The list goes on and on...

Old 05-15-2003, 09:19 AM   #17
Blade
College Prospect

Most of my stories involve footballs...

When I was a kid, we were having a large football game on a soccer field. I was the QB, and I had my receiver basically run for a long bomb in the opposing end-zone. I fired the ball up for my receiver, and the guy covering my receiver was looking at the ball the whole time. He finally turns around to see where he is running...only to slam face-first into the goal post of the soccer goal. On the play, my receiver made a beautiful diving catch for the touchdown. Two funny quotes came out of that. While the guy who slammed into the post was on the ground in a lot of pain, my receiver asked "Is it still a touchdown?" The other quote was from the guy on the ground, as he said "I think I am internally bleeding!" Of course, the only injuries he sustained were a black eye and some hurt pride!

The other incident happened at the Technical Institute I attended after high school. Class had ended for the day, and some friends and I were going to borrow a football from the school and toss it around. I went to get the football while my friends went to the field to wait. Incidentally, Travis of this board was one of them. Well, I came out of the school and saw them in the field, so I called out to them and threw the ball to Travis. There was a small road between me and the field, and it being after school, there was a lot of traffic. So, because of the cars, Travis did not hear me call out, but he could hear a whizzing sound. He turned just in time to take the ball straight in the face. I felt pretty bad...but it was the best spiral I have ever had on a football throw!!!

Old 05-15-2003, 10:15 AM   #18
Easy Mac

I was playing golf with my dad and stepmom on a par 3. My stepmom hit a bad tee shot, so she went out to look for her ball. As she was looking, I tee'd off, and hit a line drive. It flew right at her and smacked her in the ass while she was looking for her ball. Greatest golf shot of my life.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2003, 12:05 PM   #19
Travis
Pro Rookie

Yeah, Blade also forgets to mention the time at the aforementioned school when we were playing shinny hockey, and he decided to take a slap shot at me, completely unprovoked , while we were playing in no equipment.

Thank goodness for my catlike reflexes or I wouldn't be here typing to all you wonderful people.
Old 05-15-2003, 12:06 PM   #20
Blade
College Prospect

Yah...I think I should have been on Valuim or something at the time...but there is just something about Travis that makes me want to kill him every now and then...