Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

View Poll Results: Vote for ALL quotes you would like to see REMAIN in the QotM rotation.
Thank goodness for the Internet. No longer am I the pervert behind the blue curtain at the local video store. I'm now the pervert in front of a 17" moniter inside my own home. (AnalBumCover) 42 76.36%
I have an interest in gladiator history. (Bee) 8 14.55%
The Miami Dolphins of the NFL went undefeated in 1972. They celebrate each year when every team loses a game. I, GM of the Milwaukee Muscle Men of the ZFL, am the only team to have a winless season. I celebrate each time every team wins a game. (DolphinFan1) 20 36.36%
Last time a guy said he got my back, unpleasant things almost happened, you're not the same guy, are you? (Easy Mac) 26 47.27%
The baby's name will probably give you a clue: Marmel, Jr. (Hammer755) 21 38.18%
My previous physical condition was "fat." Now I'm "less fat." (KSyrup) 38 69.09%
...Remember the 11th Commandment, "Thou Shall Not Get Away with It. (Qwikshot) 26 47.27%
illinifan, for this crime, I sentance you to a term of no less than 6 years in a federal pound-me-in-the-ass prison. (sabotai) 20 36.36%
Can you imagine having to tell your teammates, “Sorry guys. I can’t pitch tonight. I cut my thumb on my suitcase.’ (SplitPersonality1) 23 41.82%
NONE - These quotes are asinine. 3 5.45%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-14-2003, 09:08 PM   #1
Craptacular
College Starter

Post Quote of the Moment, Part Deux

Here's the next batch of 9 randomly selected quotes. The 10th option is for those of you who don't like any of the quotes.

Remember, the vote total shown may differ before and after you vote, and the key number is the total number of votes / voters shown after you vote. We'll still plan on using 50% as the threshold for what stays and what goes. Based on the whopping results of a few beating a couple, I included the authors this time.

The poll will run for two days.

Craptacular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2003, 08:48 AM   #2
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

Location: hello kitty found my wallet at a big tent revival and returned it with all the cash missing
can you detail your method for random selection?
Old 05-15-2003, 10:52 AM   #3
Craptacular
College Starter

I have all the quotes in a spreadsheet, numbered 1 through whatever (130-something this time?). Yes, I was bored and cut-and-paste them all. I went to random.org, and entered the options to give me 9 (10 the first time) random numbers in the range from 1 to whatever, and simply selected those quotes. For each subsequent batch, I'll remove the nine quotes that were pulled the previous time, add in any new quotes from John Galt's list, re-number them all, and start over.
Old 05-15-2003, 10:53 AM   #4
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

Location: hello kitty found my wallet at a big tent revival and returned it with all the cash missing
what is the seed?
Old 05-15-2003, 11:02 AM   #5
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

is the 50% threshold still the rule? It looks like a few will barely miss. Also last time, i think 2 or 3 just barely missed 50%
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2003, 11:05 AM   #6
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
Originally posted by Craptacular
I have all the quotes in a spreadsheet, numbered 1 through whatever (130-something this time?). Yes, I was bored and cut-and-paste them all. I went to random.org, and entered the options to give me 9 (10 the first time) random numbers in the range from 1 to whatever, and simply selected those quotes. For each subsequent batch, I'll remove the nine quotes that were pulled the previous time, add in any new quotes from John Galt's list, re-number them all, and start over.
Craptacular, we need to get you a new job, a new woman, a new video game, a new hobby, or SOMETHING to pass the time, man!

Last edited by Ben E Lou : 05-15-2003 at 11:06 AM.
Ben E Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2003, 11:09 AM   #7
Craptacular
College Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Fritz
what is the seed?

Ask the website.
Old 05-15-2003, 11:10 AM   #8
Craptacular
College Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by cthomer5000
is the 50% threshold still the rule? It looks like a few will barely miss. Also last time, i think 2 or 3 just barely missed 50%

I don't think I ever got a clear decision from the mods or John Galt *hint hint* ... it's up to them. I just recommended 50%.