Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-28-2006, 10:20 PM   #51
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

i am going to shit a brick and throw it through comcast's window. i am so pissed!

DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 10:50 PM   #52
sabotai
General Manager

The episode itself was just ok. If your cable comes back on and you catch the last 5 minutes of the replay, then you're all good.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 07:02 PM   #53
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

I just got done watching last night's epiosode and I am actually physically pissed off at Kavanaugh. I don't know when the last time I felt this way about a television show was. The epiosde dragged for almost the whole second half, but the last few minutes really got my blood pressure boiling. Fuck Kavanaugh. I would even support the strike team making allies with Acevedo (who I can't stand either) to nail this asshole. Great, great ending.
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 07:04 PM   #54
JS19
College Prospect

My tivo last night decided not to record The Shield. I am so pissed. Anyone know of anyway to see the episode?? I take it they dont replay the last episode at anytime do they??
JS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 07:05 PM   #55
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

often they replay it from 9-10 on tuesday night. but not always.

and there will be several marathons, and i think usually one weekend night they replay it (i am hoping)
Old 03-01-2006, 07:08 PM   #56
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Friday nights at 10 I think, as well as Sunday at 10 or 11. Saturday too I think.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 07:11 PM   #57
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

It is beyond any comprehension why shows like this, Arrested Development, and the Wire struggle to survive while crap like Skating with the Stars airs in primetime.
Old 03-01-2006, 07:11 PM   #58
JS19
College Prospect

awesome.....thanks
Old 03-01-2006, 09:55 PM   #59
sabotai
General Manager

According to Yahoo TV:

Friday 11PM EST
Sunday 10PM EST
Old 03-01-2006, 11:10 PM   #60
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by panerd
I just got done watching last night's epiosode and I am actually physically pissed off at Kavanaugh. I don't know when the last time I felt this way about a television show was. The epiosde dragged for almost the whole second half, but the last few minutes really got my blood pressure boiling. Fuck Kavanaugh. I would even support the strike team making allies with Acevedo (who I can't stand either) to nail this asshole. Great, great ending.

LOL, I agree. At the end I wanted to just whack that Son of a Bitch!! I can't ever remember getting emotions like that watching a TV show, it was like reality was suspended for a couple of minutes.

Pretty amazing performance by Forrest Whitaker this Season, he is one hell of an Actor.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 10:33 AM   #61
bryce
High School Varsity

Just an FYI - FX's plan, I heard yesterday, is to have a 'mid-season finale' in a few weeks, and then next January they are going to pick up where they left off. So, essentially, this seems to be the last year of taping, but they are indeed (as mentioned earlier in this thread), breaking it up over two seasons. I guess the only reason this season won't have a true 'season finale' is because the same plotline will carry forward to next year.

But I'm not a fan of having 10 episodes and then 40 weeks off. arghghgh. I love this show.
bryce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 03:27 PM   #62
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryce
But I'm not a fan of having 10 episodes and then 40 weeks off. arghghgh. I love this show.
Me neither, but that seems to be the way cable series work. Every season of the The Shield has had 13 episodes I think. The Dead Zone only had 12 in season 3, around the same for season 4. It sucks, and I honestly don't know why they limit them to so few episodes a year, but that's the way it is for most series out there.

At least, on most cable series, they don't butcher the fuck out of the season. Watching House MD this year has been terrible. Great the weeks they actually air a new episode, but it's like they show 1 or 2 new episodes, and then have 2-4 weeks of repeats before airing more new ones (and now American Idol is hacking the season up even more.)
Old 03-02-2006, 04:21 PM   #63
colt45
n00b

With Arrested Development being picked up by Showtime, is there any way The Shield might be picked up by someone as well? Or are they gone for good?
colt45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 09:41 PM   #64
sabotai
General Manager

Vic Mackey is my hero.
Old 03-14-2006, 09:41 PM   #65
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

oh shit! who woulda thought that our old friend Kern Little would make a brief reappearence??

And I am STILL at what Mackey did with Kavanaugh's ex, and the fact that he just tossed it back in his face with that line. CLASSIC Vic.
Old 03-14-2006, 09:47 PM   #66
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

annnnnnnnnnnd Kavanaugh is done. Well done Vic, finding his sore spot and getting him unhinged.

and congrats to Claudette
Old 03-14-2006, 10:19 PM   #67
JS19
College Prospect

The show has just ended and I can't wait for the season finale. I have never been sucked in to a show like I have with this one. There are so many possibilities for what can happen in this last episode.
Old 03-14-2006, 10:37 PM   #68
amdaily
College Prospect

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo
oh shit! who woulda thought that our old friend Kern Little would make a brief reappearence??

meh. his apperance was unexpected, but his fate was beyond sterotpyical.

-5 to the wrtiers.

Last edited by amdaily : 03-14-2006 at 10:37 PM.
amdaily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 10:45 PM   #69
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by amdaily
meh. his apperance was unexpected, but his fate was beyond sterotpyical.

-5 to the wrtiers.

oh well of course his fate was obvious. but i wasn't expecting to see him again. nice "tip of the hat" by the writers, bringing back a former 1-Niner.
Old 03-15-2006, 01:04 AM   #70
Mr. Sparkle
High School JV

I love this show.
Old 03-15-2006, 09:32 AM   #71
BYU 14
Coordinator

How about Kavanaughs ex-Wifes response when he asked her what Mackey did to her...."He made me cum........twice" That was priceless.

Looks like Kavanaugh will try the same manuever on Vic's ex next week..........I have a feeling that might go bad for him though. Can't wait for the finale.
Old 03-21-2006, 10:22 PM   #72
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!!!

SPOILER ALERT

SHANE JUST KILLED LEM! BLEW HIM UP WITH A BOMB DISGUISED AS A BURRITO BECAUSE LEM WAS GOING TO TALK!!!

HOLY HOLY HOLY SHIT!!!!
Old 03-21-2006, 10:33 PM   #73
DeToxRox
Head Coach

it wasn't disguised as a burrito, he threw it in when Lem turned around.

my feeling is the show ends with Vic being arrested for killing Shane.
Old 03-21-2006, 10:37 PM   #74
sabotai
General Manager

Two phrases keep repeating in my head.

"OMFG!!!" and "HOLY SHIT!!!!"

And DeTox is right, when Lem turned, Shane dropped it in.
Old 03-21-2006, 10:38 PM   #75
sabotai
General Manager

Already anxious to watch next season. It's going to be a long wait...
Old 03-21-2006, 10:38 PM   #76
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRoxDVHStyle
it wasn't disguised as a burrito, he threw it in when Lem turned around.

my feeling is the show ends with Vic being arrested for killing Shane.

aaah. my bad. i was looking down at my computer screen a bit at that moment :-)
Old 03-21-2006, 10:46 PM   #77
rexallllsc
Banned

Wow. The scene with Shane and Lem was freaking tense. That was amazing. You could tell the whole time that Shane wanted to do it.

That scene made me nauseous.
rexallllsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 10:46 PM   #78
JeffNights
College Prospect

I'm pissed....i kinda expected Shane would take him out, as the episode moved along.

i'm really pissed is that we never got to see that one new policewoman get all naughty.
JeffNights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 10:50 PM   #79
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffNights
I'm pissed....i kinda expected Shane would take him out, as the episode moved along.

i'm really pissed is that we never got to see that one new policewoman get all naughty.

i want shane's stripper-friend from season 2 (or was it 3) to come back and make trouble for him and Mara. she was a hottie
Old 03-21-2006, 11:01 PM   #80
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

i miss Lem already. Dude was the voice of reason, the one fairly decent guy on the team. but i guess that's why he had to go.
Old 03-22-2006, 01:47 AM   #81
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo
i miss Lem already. Dude was the voice of reason, the one fairly decent guy on the team. but i guess that's why he had to go.

No doubt, and he never gave up his Boys either. His character really developed this Season, that ending just sucks. Would have been better with Kavanaugh getting Fragged!!

I have a feeling the fued between Kavanaugh and Mackey is about to get a whole lot more intense when the Show resumes, unless Shane cracks.
Old 03-22-2006, 02:31 AM   #82
Mr. Sparkle
High School JV

Wow. Just wow. I knew Shane was going to kill Lem, I think everybody did, but not like that. It surely is going to be a long wait until it resumes. Hopefully Theif is as good as it looks.
Old 03-22-2006, 02:35 AM   #83
rexallllsc
Banned

F Shane!
rexallllsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 03:52 PM   #84
flounder
High School Varsity

Dutch Wagenbach: Master of Pimpology
flounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 06:42 PM   #85
Rizon
Pro Starter

Damn. I figured Lem would be the only one to survive the show, with Ronnie being killed off first (his character kinda sucks) and Vick and Shane killing each other ala Rocky-Apollo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
I don't think I'd stop even if I found a dick.
Rizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 08:07 PM   #86
amdaily
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizon
Damn. I figured Lem would be the only one to survive the show, with Ronnie being killed off first (his character kinda sucks) and Vick and Shane killing each other ala Rocky-Apollo.

Lem had to go. My bet is on Ronnie being the only one to survive. I like the idea of Vic getting to the bottom of it at the end of the season, then a fade off as they each fire their guns at each other.
Old 03-22-2006, 09:39 PM   #87
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

The Dutch/Billings exchange of assholes in the captain's office was classic. It's stuff like this that makes this show a notch above a lot of the other crap on television. I thought for sure that Kavanugh was going to get a Mackey bullet to end the season and the series.
Old 03-23-2006, 09:01 PM   #88
johneh
Mascot

You gotta believe that the way this season ended that next season will be the last - Once Vic finds out Shane killed Lem----OHH BOY!
johneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 11:39 PM   #89
sabotai
General Manager

I just rewatched the final episode and I (and apparently everyone else) might have missed something....

Near the end, right before the police find Lem, Tina goes up to Dutch and says that Claudette had given her more hours with Dutch. Dutch basically just nods but then looks over the to hooker (Dutch had listened to how the Pimp basically gained control over the hooker earlier in the episode). Then, he suddenly stops Tina from walking away and starts in about how she's smarter than anyone gives her credit for but isn't nearly as smart as she'll have to be. He then says that the kind of help he's offering is a big deal and, and I quote, "you better make it worth my while."

The first time I saw the final episode, I just thought he meant "don't waste my fuckin time." But, this time I noticed the indifference at first and the look to the hooker. So I started wondering.....was Dutch basically telling her that she better "pay up" for the help he is giving? (If you know what I mean...) Is he attemtping to pull some kind ownage that the pimp talked about earlier?
Old 03-24-2006, 11:51 PM   #90
Arctus
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotai
So I started wondering.....was Dutch basically telling her that she better "pay up" for the help he is giving? (If you know what I mean...) Is he attemtping to pull some kind ownage that the pimp talked about earlier?

Yes, Dutch is keeping his pimp hand strong.

Last edited by Arctus : 03-24-2006 at 11:52 PM.
Arctus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 12:09 AM   #91
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotai
I just rewatched the final episode and I (and apparently everyone else) might have missed something....

?

We noticed it. Flounder even posted about it. Lem's death just drew more attention.
Old 03-25-2006, 12:52 AM   #92
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by panerd
We noticed it. Flounder even posted about it. Lem's death just drew more attention.

Hahah. See, that's how far over my head it went the first time (way too focused on Lem's death). I didn't get flounder's post before and just forgot about it.
Old 10-25-2006, 11:08 PM   #93
JS19
College Prospect

Any word when the final (i believe its the final one) season begins? With my declining interest in Lost, and this is pretty much being the only other show I really watch, I'm hoping its somewhat soon.
Old 10-25-2006, 11:11 PM   #94
DeToxRox
Head Coach

January 7th. They signed up for one more year after this too. This season will be 10 eps.
Old 10-26-2006, 12:45 AM   #95
JeffNights
College Prospect

woo-hoo!
JeffNights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 07:26 AM   #96
amdaily
College Prospect

And there is this: hxxp://www.nypost.com/seven/10242006/tv/spinning_off_the_shield_tv_.htm
Old 10-26-2006, 03:22 PM   #97
bryce
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRoxDVHStyle View Post
January 7th. They signed up for one more year after this too. This season will be 10 eps.

Wow, that surprises me considering they killed off Lem. On the one hand, I'm obviously glad for another season, but on the other hand, I hope they aren't forcing it.
bryce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 04:39 PM   #98
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryce View Post
Wow, that surprises me considering they killed off Lem. On the one hand, I'm obviously glad for another season, but on the other hand, I hope they aren't forcing it.

I agree, but this new season is only 10 eps, so my thinking is the final season will only be 12-13. So 23 or so episodes isn't too bad and they're adding a new member to the Strike Team. And Shawn Ryan has gone on record saying he wouldn't let the show keep going if he didn't believe it made sense.

So let's hope this is true.