Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-12-2006, 04:09 PM   #251
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Hrm. I don't see the option to tell my scout to only recommend transfers for players interested in playing for me. I'm in between seasons, and I'm 0-150 or so. No one is interested in playing for my team. No one. I won promotion from the 3rd Div. to 2nd and still I'm a black hole. How can I add players?
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 05:46 PM   #252
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaril View Post
So the MSL soundds like things are much improved. My last question is related to International club management. I remember there was a limit to the number of the friendlies an international side can set up.

The question being....?
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 06:09 PM   #253
Fighter of Foo
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddzilla View Post
Hrm. I don't see the option to tell my scout to only recommend transfers for players interested in playing for me. I'm in between seasons, and I'm 0-150 or so. No one is interested in playing for my team. No one. I won promotion from the 3rd Div. to 2nd and still I'm a black hole. How can I add players?

PM me if you can upload the save file someplace and I'll take a look.
Fighter of Foo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 06:30 PM   #254
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
The question being....?

Yeah, sorry. Has there been any effort to improve this part of the game?
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 06:36 PM   #255
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

No, and it's realistic, because as an international team coach, you cannot schedule games for whenever you feel like it, but only on international match days (as designated by FIFA)
Old 10-13-2006, 02:25 PM   #256
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Another question: I told one player to go learn from another player. After a few weeks, the younger player said he didn't think he could learn anything from the other player, and thought it was stupid.

But he's still linked. How do I break this link?
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 05:17 PM   #257
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by flere-imsaho View Post
Another question: I told one player to go learn from another player. After a few weeks, the younger player said he didn't think he could learn anything from the other player, and thought it was stupid.

But he's still linked. How do I break this link?

that's a good question. beyond linking him with another player (sometimes not an option) is there a way to just break the link?

maybe clicking on the little grey boxes next to their names that indicate they're tutoring or learning will bring you to a screen where you can?

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 10-13-2006 at 05:18 PM.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 09:59 PM   #258
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

IGN has a review up, 9.3

http://pc.ign.com/articles/738/738857p1.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by review
Closing Comments
Football Manager 2007’s greatest achievement - and the most compelling reason to buy it - is the incomparably immersive world it creates. You find yourself ‘ooh’ing at big money transfers between other clubs, you feel good when one of your players praises you up and you develop personal rivalries with other managers and clubs, making you actively and emotionally involved in the whole experience. There are very few games that can generate that level of involvement and it’s for this reason Football Manager 2007 cannot be beat. Just be prepared for a serious lack of social life after it’s installed on your hard drive.

Fire Ron Lee.
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 01:21 AM   #259
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
that's a good question. beyond linking him with another player (sometimes not an option) is there a way to just break the link?

maybe clicking on the little grey boxes next to their names that indicate they're tutoring or learning will bring you to a screen where you can?

The link is at the bottom of the player interaction screen. Not sure if it was for the mentor or the trainee?
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 02:48 AM   #260
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
The link is at the bottom of the player interaction screen. Not sure if it was for the mentor or the trainee?

i might be wrong but i don't think you can break it from there though
Old 10-14-2006, 06:00 AM   #261
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PraetorianX View Post
As for purchasing...Amazon has it (as Worldwide Soccer Manager) for only $29.99, which looks pretty good to me. Though they say it won't be released untill the 24th...hopefully they're just confused, if not...oh well, I'm still good.

Looks like Amazon has pushed their date back to November 1.

Fire Ron Lee.
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 06:32 AM   #262
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazFTW View Post

I absolutely LOVE the CM/FM series! But I did get one big chuckle out of that review:

Presentation - 7.5 (out of 10)
Graphics - 7.2
Sound - 3
Gameplay - 9.1
Lasting Appeal - 9.2

Overall - 9.3 (out of 10/not an average) I haven't seen scoring like this since the last Olympics!
tyketime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 05:41 PM   #263
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
Overall - 9.3 (out of 10/not an average) I haven't seen scoring like this since the last Olympics!
No idea how that works .... but not complaining

(somewhat better than the old 'average' system sites used to use - I remember CM97-98 getting 8/10 for sound so sites could keep the 'average' up .... only thing was it had next to no sound at all in it (beyond button clicks and suchlike)..)

Last edited by Marc Vaughan : 10-16-2006 at 05:41 PM.
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 05:45 PM   #264
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

hi marc!