Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-15-2006, 12:40 PM   #1
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

What did T.O. Do NOW?

Let me preface this by saying that I've been sick all week and have as such been sleeping a LOT so not watching much sports coverage on TV and barely have been keeping up with reading my RSS feeds (of which ESPN is one I subscribe to).

This morning I was driving around and had ESPN Radio on and everybody was saying how T.O. did it again this week and how Dallas should cut ties with him and how other people on the Cowboys (i.e. other receivers) are saying that he's starting to wear on them and such. Is he sitting this weekend? Other than sucking last (?!) week at Philly, what did he do this week?

/tk

terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 12:43 PM   #2
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

The receivers coach hurt his feelings. TO let the media know this.

That's about it unless there's something else.

Last edited by jeff061 : 10-15-2006 at 12:44 PM.
jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 12:46 PM   #3
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Terrell Owens won't be punished by the Cowboys for his argument with his receiver coach Todd Haley. However, owner Jerry Jones told ESPN's Ed Werder on Friday that Haley would be disciplined.

"Yes. Against Haley," Jones said when asked if there would be disciplanary action taken by the Cowboys. "This is not a reflection on T.O."
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 12:49 PM   #4
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Most likely because word of the internal argument was leaked to the media from Haley's side.

As usual it's not that big of a deal except for the identity of one of the participants.

Old 10-15-2006, 12:50 PM   #5
MikeVick7
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRoxDVHStyle View Post
Terrell Owens won't be punished by the Cowboys for his argument with his receiver coach Todd Haley. However, owner Jerry Jones told ESPN's Ed Werder on Friday that Haley would be disciplined.

"Yes. Against Haley," Jones said when asked if there would be disciplanary action taken by the Cowboys. "This is not a reflection on T.O."
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/s...=ESPNHeadlines
Old 10-15-2006, 01:01 PM   #6
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

T.O. didn't suck last week, Bledsoe did.

The play where T.O. was shown yellnig "Are you fucking kidding me!!?!?" was absolutely worthy of that statement. It might have been the worst throw I've seen by an NFL quarterback in my life.

Last edited by RPI-Fan : 10-15-2006 at 01:01 PM.
RPI-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 01:07 PM   #7
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPI-Fan View Post
T.O. didn't suck last week, Bledsoe did.

The play where T.O. was shown yellnig "Are you fucking kidding me!!?!?" was absolutely worthy of that statement. It might have been the worst throw I've seen by an NFL quarterback in my life.

Because of course Beldsoe showed him up when TO short armed the pass over the middle....

Last edited by EagleFan : 10-15-2006 at 01:07 PM.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 03:09 PM   #8
LionsFan10
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Because of course Beldsoe showed him up when TO short armed the pass over the middle....

No, because Bledsoe couldn't show him up. The pass was so far in front of Owens I'm surprised his head wasn't removed regardless of him dropping the pass, I can't remember exactly who but T.O was being lead into a crushing hit with that pass.
Old 10-15-2006, 03:23 PM   #9
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

You're really stretching it Lion.

He's a dick. Bledsoe and most other player's wouldn't respond like he does. Doesn't matter who's fault it was on the field. Pretty much end of argument.

Old 10-16-2006, 07:34 AM   #10
Samdari
Roster Filler

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionsFan10 View Post
No, because Bledsoe couldn't show him up. The pass was so far in front of Owens I'm surprised his head wasn't removed regardless of him dropping the pass, I can't remember exactly who but T.O was being lead into a crushing hit with that pass.

And a professional WR tries to catch it anyway.

Plus, when your QB underthrows you, you don't stop and watch the interception, and then wave your hands in the air complaining. Feel free to do something to break up the play.

The one positive you used to be able to say about TO was that he gave his all on the field - and every play. Not this year.
Old 10-16-2006, 10:47 AM   #11
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Bledsoe will only get the Cowboys to a 9-7 record at best. they should seroiusly consider giving Romo more playing time
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 10:50 AM   #12
Deattribution
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samdari View Post
And a professional WR tries to catch it anyway.

Plus, when your QB underthrows you, you don't stop and watch the interception, and then wave your hands in the air complaining. Feel free to do something to break up the play.

The one positive you used to be able to say about TO was that he gave his all on the field - and every play. Not this year.

I'm not sure what game you were watching but TO on the interception he was underthrown on he touched the receiver and the play was whistled dead.

The guy gets shit for anything he does, and he's blamed for ALL of the Eagle's problems despite the fact that the Eagle's sucked last year, they only sucked even worse when TO quit on the team. It reminds me of how that hall of fame pitcher Steve Bartman walked off the mound during the 7th game of the world series and lost the cub's their first WS in forever.. oh wait, he was just a fan, and just a scapegoat too.

Everytime he was shown on the screen the announcers made comments about him yelling on the sidelines. Ignoring the fact that maybe, just maybe, he was yelling because there were 70 thousand screaming fans around him.

The guy probably is a dick, and he's obviously not the model for teammate of the year, but he gets way more credit for being a team problem then he deserves. Alot of that thanks to the media, They'll say things like 'When will this guy stop wasting our tv time with his bad behavior' while doing a 30 minute segment on him.
Deattribution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 12:24 PM   #13
Airhog
Captain Obvious

The badboy image sells. Nobody cares if Randy Moss rescues three kittens out of a tree

Thread Killer extraordinaire

Yay! its football season once again!
Airhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 12:25 PM   #14
hoosierdude
High School Varsity

I find it funny that the press is on Terrell Owens' side again after pulling down 5 catches for 45 yards against the Texans.

Yes it is three touchdowns, but c'mon... the Texans? Houston put up 24 on the Colts, but allowed Harrison and Wayne over 100 yards apiece, and I consider TO to be in the echelon of a Harrison or Wayne, and all he can get is 45 yards?

TO isn't back yet. He hasn't been able yet to get the big game numbers that the press seems to think these grand 45 yards on 5 catches, yes I know 3 TD's, but c'mon.. it didn't happen against the Eagles, did it?

I find the circus surrounding Terrell is boring and typical of his personality. But to say Terrell is the man for the 'Boys is demeaning the other two receivers that have better numbers. He is just a #2 receiver on a team that has more weapons than one pouty, immature player.

Will he blow up again and be fired from another team? Yes and maybe this season, but I bet it is more like next season. I see a confrontation between the Tuna and Owens before the season is over.

"Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud - Sophocles"
hoosierdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 12:31 PM   #15
RendeR
Coordinator

TO will never be back, his heads not in the game the way it has to be for him to dominate a football game like he used to. he likes the spotlight and its easier to get that by cross dressing as a cyclilst than by actually putting in effort on the football field.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 02:51 PM   #16
Vinatieri for Prez
College Starter

1. He gets no sympathy from me. When you act like a dick, you cannot complain people may jump to conclusions or lay the blame on you. His reputation precedes him.

2. He is only the 2nd best WR on the team right now, and that is it.

3. He has always dropped balls and/or short armed them. This has not changed.

4. I don't expect the Cowboys to make the playoffs and thus I do expect a major blow up from Owens (particularly at Bledsoe) somewhere around week 15.
Vinatieri for Prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 03:02 PM   #17
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

the Cowboys need to find a way to *TO* him to get back some of the signing bonus they gave him. Jerry Jones was stupid to give him that much gauranteed
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 03:05 PM   #18
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by terpkristin View Post
Other than sucking last (?!) week at Philly, what did he do this week?
T.O. ate my baby.
Old 10-16-2006, 03:33 PM   #19
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

No, the dingo ate your baby.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 03:41 PM   #20
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
No, the dingo ate your baby.