Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-12-2006, 07:13 PM   #1
st.cronin
General Manager

My Vegas Story

I'm playing cards (blackjack) at the Golden Nugget on Fremont. I have budgeted $100/day for gambling, and I'm at a 5 dollar table, 25 dollars up. It's a new dealer, and I'm feeling antsy, so I get up and walk around a bit, find the future Mrs. st.cronin at the bar with her mother. We decide to head out for some dinner, but I want to play one more hand.

I take a seat at a 25 dollar table. I've got 1 black chip, 1 green chip. I've never played more than 5 dollars a hand, I just want to see what it feels like - I put my green chip in. What do you think I get?

Of course, 7s. Dealer shows a 6 - it's an automatic split. I change out my black chip for 4 green chips, put another in. Next card - another 7. Another split. 3 green chips in, 3 7s.

Next card is a 4. I can't afford NOT to double that, can I? Another green chip down, and I draw a 9 for a 20.

Next hand - I draw an ace, for a solid 18.

Last hand - I draw another 4! My last green chip goes on the table, and dealer deals me a ... 3 for a 14.

So, this 5 dollar player now has 125 dollars on the table on three hands - a 20, 14, and 18. Dealer shows a 6, so I'm feeling pretty good. He turns over his first card, and would you believe it, it's a FIVE. Now I'm sweating - next card - a 4. Next card is a FACE - dealer busts and I'm eating steak for dinner, baby.

knives out

Last edited by st.cronin : 08-12-2006 at 07:15 PM.
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 07:23 PM   #2
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Sweet!

I have a similar story - I'm playing craps and my wife is parked at a Carribean Stud table. I'm almost out of money, so I mosey over and sit down next to her, we're the only 2 people at the table.

I ante $10, and pay the $1 progressive.

Dealer deals the cards and I take a look - slowly. My first two cards are the black kings, so per superstition, I don't look at the rest, put them down, and make my requisite bet for $20.

Dealer gets a low pair - 2s or 3s - so she's qualified and I'm getting paid.

She flips my cards over and there are the two red kings. Wait, my kings were black. Oh, there they are, next to the red ones. I hit quads.

So I get paid 1:1 for my ante = $10
20:1 on my bet for getting quads = $400
The progressive bonus = $500

I tip the dealer the $10 and I'm one-and-done at that table.
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote