Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-05-2006, 09:48 PM   #1
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

(poker) Bad Cards? Hope for a good parachute..

Nothing needed to be said after InterPoker started its extreme poker series with tournaments held under water and in the arctic on a frozen lake, but things have reached a new, ridiculous level.

The latest Interpoker Extreme Poker Challenge will be held on a plane. OK, that's not so bad, right? Wrong. You bust, you jump out of the plane. The six players will have parachutes.

Already committing to the Loser's Leap: Kenna James, Phil Laak and Scott Fischman. Three others are yet to commit, and can you really blame them? The tournament will last until five players are eliminated or as long as there's fuel.

Juha Helppi won the first Extreme Poker Challenge, barely beating Laak before his air tank ran out at a table sitting on the bottom of the Caribbean. This winter, Robert Varkonyi, the 2002 World Series of Poker main event champion, won the next Extreme Poker Challenge on an ice shelf near Finland's city of Kemi.

Fischman, who's one of InterPoker's pros and an ESPN Poker Club columnist, had this to say about the Loser's Leap tournament:

"Having gone down to the wire twice in the 2004 World Series of Poker, I know a thing or two about performing under pressure. But I don't think anything can match knowing that if you play a hand wrong, you're going to be trusting your life to a big piece of cloth. But, on the plus side, I think it will be hard for the other players to bluff when they realize they've got no cards and a short walk out the door awaiting them."

SirFozzie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 09:50 PM   #2
KWhit
Coordinator

I guess this means that poker has officially jumped the shark.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 12:01 AM   #3
Shkspr
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit
I guess this means that poker has officially jumped the shark.

That depends on whether the plane's route takes it across the ocean, right?
Shkspr is offline   Reply With Quote