Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-05-2006, 06:35 PM   #1
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Missed World Cup match

I screwed up the DVR today and failed to record the Portugal/France match. Does anyone know of a place to download a stream of the match (outside of a torrent)? I'd look around for it, but I'm afraid of being spoiled on the result before I find a stream.

BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 06:39 PM   #2
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

I have no advice on a stream, but i know that (at least here on my cable system) ESPN2 is replaying the game at 12.30 tonight (EST).

Of course that could be a tricky viewing because i wouldnt doubt if the ESPN crawl would actually give away the result of the game while you're watching the replay.
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 06:39 PM   #3
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

no but ill spoil it kinda * Portugal dived a lot*
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 06:43 PM   #4
Celeval
Pro Starter

torrent is probably the best bet - why not a torrent?
Celeval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 06:43 PM   #5
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthomer5000
I have no advice on a stream, but i know that (at least here on my cable system) ESPN2 is replaying the game at 12.30 tonight (EST).

Of course that could be a tricky viewing because i wouldnt doubt if the ESPN crawl would actually give away the result of the game while you're watching the replay.

Perfect. I looked at ESPN and ABC for a replay but I didn't look late enough to see it. Since I don't get ESPN2, by wide-zoom mode TV will cut off the ticker on the bottom for worry-free viewing. Now I just need to spend a whole additional day avoiding spoilers.
Old 07-05-2006, 06:43 PM   #6
Critch
lolzcat

It's on ESPNU right now, if you have access to that.
Critch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 06:44 PM   #7
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celeval
torrent is probably the best bet - why not a torrent?

Legality and traceability concerns mostly.
Old 07-05-2006, 07:28 PM   #8
aran
High School Varsity

The chance of you being prosecuted for torrenting one item is insanely small--negligable, really.
aran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 07:33 PM   #9
Celeval
Pro Starter

Especially for torrenting an item that can't be purchased, and includes all advertisements.
Celeval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 07:40 PM   #10
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

If it was an officially sanctioned torrent, I wouldn't feel so bad. Don't torrents also become available for others to grab from you as you start downloading them? This leads to the wonderful world of distribution.
Old 07-05-2006, 07:57 PM   #11
Easy Mac

There's a wonderful program that acts as a Guardian so that your Peers don't know where they're getting it from... not that there's 2 hidden words in that sentence or anything.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 09:11 PM   #12
spleen1015
Coordinator

If they were getting people for using torrent, I would be posting from the prison computer room right now.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 09:25 PM   #13
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015
If they were getting people for using torrent, I would be posting from the prison computer room right now.

They have started to...
Old 07-05-2006, 09:29 PM   #14
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthomer5000

Easily solved: duct tape.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 09:31 PM   #15
Logan
Head Coach

Dude, you're trying to stay spoil-free on this game. Get the hell off the board before we have another incident.

edit: And I'm not trying to be an asshole.

Last edited by Logan : 07-05-2006 at 09:32 PM.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 09:48 PM   #16
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan
Dude, you're trying to stay spoil-free on this game. Get the hell off the board before we have another incident.

edit: And I'm not trying to be an asshole.

That is why I made a new thread and have been staying out of the main WC thread.

As it happens, I no longer have to worry about staying spoiler free. My wife, who doesn't watch soccer and knows that I've been recording every match, called from her out of town work engagement. In the 5 minutes we talked she threw in a story about how one of the kids she is working with was unhappy with the result from the match. She just assumed that I had already watched it and didn't think to check first. I am very not happy. Of all the ways to get spoiled, I didn't expect this to be the way. At least I only know the winner and not the score or the circumstances around the win. I'll probably still watch it tomorrow and hope to get some enjoyment out of it.
Old 07-05-2006, 09:59 PM   #17
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianD
If it was an officially sanctioned torrent, I wouldn't feel so bad. Don't torrents also become available for others to grab from you as you start downloading them? This leads to the wonderful world of distribution.

I recommend you stop being such a faggot.

sovereignstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 10:09 PM   #18
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianD
That is why I made a new thread and have been staying out of the main WC thread.

As it happens, I no longer have to worry about staying spoiler free. My wife, who doesn't watch soccer and knows that I've been recording every match, called from her out of town work engagement. In the 5 minutes we talked she threw in a story about how one of the kids she is working with was unhappy with the result from the match. She just assumed that I had already watched it and didn't think to check first. I am very not happy. Of all the ways to get spoiled, I didn't expect this to be the way. At least I only know the winner and not the score or the circumstances around the win. I'll probably still watch it tomorrow and hope to get some enjoyment out of it.

Sorry to hear that. I just didn't want to see some dickhead post the result just to fuck with you.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 11:12 PM   #19
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereignstar
I recommend you stop being such a faggot.

Was that really necessary?