Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-28-2006, 11:03 AM   #1
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

I turned on my A/C for the first time yesterday...

...and now it won't turn off automatically.

This drives me nuts, I had the same problem when I turned on my heat for the first time in the winter, that somehow the thermostat didn't trigger properly for the heat to go off, so the apartment would get hotter and hotter and hotter unless I manually shut it off. I called my apartment maintenance line and somebody came by and did something and things were fine after that.

Unfortunately, this is happening during a 3-day weekend and apparently the maintenance guy doesn't have a cell phone. I called in to ask to get it looked at again, because now, it's getting colder and colder unless I manually shut it off. I just got a call from the maintenance guy who was like, "Well, if I was over there, I'd come up and look at it, but I just got home and got the message about your apartment, so can it wait until Tuesday?

GAH. I'm going to have to overpay my electric bill because my A/C's going to be on all the time until they can come and check it out. If I were planning on staying home all weekend, that might not be an issue, as I could turn it off and on as needed, but I'm going out in a little bit and will be out all day tomorrow. For the health of the Oz-man, and my comfort when I get back, I don't want to turn the A/C off all day (as we're now getting into the 90's outside).

I know, at least I have A/C, but this really drives me bonkers. Especially the attitude of the maintenance guy, who why the heck doesn't he have a cell phone and/or pager, because he was likely HERE at my complex when I called in the issue...

/tk

terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 12:14 PM   #2
hoosierdude
High School Varsity

That maintenance guy needs a beatin'. I don't have AC so I envy you your coldness in the apartment, but I also understand about the need to keep your bills in order as well.

I would make him get his rear end over to fix it, since you can't be home all the time to address it manually which you shouldn't have to do in the first place! And on Memorial Day weekend when he still has thru Monday to celebrate..

"Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud - Sophocles"
hoosierdude is offline   Reply With Quote