Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2003, 08:05 PM   #1
HornsManiacFan

SkyDog I think you owe us some answers

When Horns sent messages to some members here how could you let that be construed as an abuse of your trust?

Ben, he should have never been banned in the first place. Have you ever wondered what it must like to be him? Almost a full year later he cannot say A WORD WITHOUT CATCHING HELL. That is very wrong, SkyDog.

I once thought you were a kind and understanding man, but now I see that you can be just as cold and cruel as many others I am now ashamed to admit I know. I hope you can sleep at night for allowing this entire ordeal to get out of hand. You could have stopped this all a long long time ago, but instead you chose to sit there and watch the endless abuse unfold right before your eyes. Almost like you secretly enjoyed it a very sickening way.

Do you have too much damn pride to punish one of the "original" vets? Why is it they are allowed to bait him, call his mother a whore, and everything else without fear of penalty? Then, when Horns tells them to fuck off he gets banned. Explain the logic behind that please.

I once hated HM and one this board's nastiest threads ever included a clash between us. However, banning him for defending himself against non-stop attack is chicken shit. The truth is you did not have the balls to call out some people like Fritz, Marmel, Kodos, Blackadar, and others. So instead you just get rid of HM knowing he is not to blame for all of this.

Again, I hope your conscious is clear tonight, because if I were you I think I would be too ashamed to come back.

Old 04-29-2003, 08:07 PM   #2
RealDeal
High School Varsity

Oh the humanity. Think of the children.

If I didn't know better, I would think that HM has already made an alias.
Old 04-29-2003, 08:11 PM   #3
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

The truth is that I give no credibility to someone who hides behind another log in name to call out the moderator.

I believe that this is actually HornsManiac. If it was another regular poster who felt this way, he would post under the name he is best known be. Since you have not chosen to do so, it is my belief you are a fake, and I don't see how anyone could give you any credibility as long as you hide behind this pseudo-identity.

Chief Rum

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 04-29-2003, 08:17 PM   #4
korme
Go Reds

CR, I don't believe HM, now banned, can even sign up another name.. just like the wigs.
Old 04-29-2003, 08:17 PM   #5
HornsManiacFan

Quote:
Originally posted by Chief Rum
The truth is that I give no credibility to someone who hides behind another log in name to call out the moderator.

I believe that this is actually HornsManiac. If it was another regular poster who felt this way, he would post under the name he is best known be. Since you have not chosen to do so, it is my belief you are a fake, and I don't see how anyone could give you any credibility as long as you hide behind this pseudo-identity.

Chief Rum

Chief, I hide because I don't want to be frowned at forever because I stood up for him.

Old 04-29-2003, 08:18 PM   #6
Kodos
Resident Alien

I have seen the light! I hereby ban myself! BAD KODOS! BAAAAAAAAD KODOS!
Old 04-29-2003, 08:20 PM   #7
Kodos
Resident Alien

If you are really on the side of right, fighting the good fight, shouldn't you not care if people frown on you for standing up for HM? Isn't it enough to know that your cause is righteous?
Old 04-29-2003, 08:20 PM   #8
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

This gets better and better.

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."
Old 04-29-2003, 08:25 PM   #9
Kodos
Resident Alien

HMF: As Horns always pointed out, we aren't real people here in cyberspace, and therefore what others think of us doesn't matter. In fact, we should relish pissing others off, according to the HM gospel. So please feel free to unmask yourself, knowing that the Horns is with you.
Old 04-29-2003, 08:29 PM   #10
heybrad
Norm!!!

This should be a reality show.
Old 04-29-2003, 08:30 PM   #11
MrIllini
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally posted by Shorty3281
CR, I don't believe HM, now banned, can even sign up another name.. just like the wigs.

Give it up, your rhetoric is tired.
Old 04-29-2003, 08:32 PM   #12
VPI97
Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, Hi

Quote:
Originally posted by Shorty3281
proxy server
Old 04-29-2003, 08:33 PM   #13
korme
Go Reds

What are you talking about? I'm telling Chief that HM can't create a new name.. how is that my rhetoric??

Wow... jump on me more..
Old 04-29-2003, 08:34 PM   #14
korme
Go Reds

Quote:
Originally posted by VPI97
proxy server

okkieee then.. how little do i know
Old 04-29-2003, 08:37 PM   #15
HornsManiacFan

Quote:
Originally posted by Kodos
If you are really on the side of right, fighting the good fight, shouldn't you not care if people frown on you for standing up for HM? Isn't it enough to know that your cause is righteous?

Kodos, if I knew that this would all be corrected I would unmask myself. I don't think that is going to happen so I comfortable speaking under condition of anonymity .

The truth is the old vets could literally call Horns anything we wanted and never had to worry about anything. I know because I have done it before.

Ben should have stopped the abuse by deleting posts attacking him. Actually he should not allow ANYONE to be constantly humiliated on this forum. He did not have to defend HM, but he could have at least insisted people send him PMs to express how much they despised him.

I realize HM was never one of us "respected" guys and never will be. Still, he had a right to be different. What would the world be like if EVERYONE acted the same, thought the same, etc? I would not want to be in a world like, would you?

Old 04-29-2003, 08:41 PM   #16
mckerney
Coordinator

I think it's been said before, but it probably needs to be said again:

This whole thing is so fucking stupid.
Old 04-29-2003, 08:43 PM   #17
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

I don't know HMF, I'd be pretty satisified with a world where everyone acted like they had a f'n clue.
Old 04-29-2003, 08:43 PM   #18
bosshogg23
College Benchwarmer

Changing your internet service will change your IP as well.

Cable companies used to use dynamic IP's which changed everytime you logged in, though mine doesnt now.

I used to work for a company that had to ban users on occasion. Apparently they put a file in your registry that had to be deleted before you could log back in.
Old 04-29-2003, 08:44 PM   #19
kid_dynamite
Mascot

how does it make any difference about this person posting anonymously? the argument still remains the same and the argument should be what is being talked about, not that this person chose to be anonymous.
Old 04-29-2003, 08:49 PM   #20
korme
Go Reds

watch out, MrIllini, who hasn't posted in a year until today, will probably yell at you k_d.
Old 04-29-2003, 08:51 PM   #21
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

puh-leez.