Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-08-2006, 01:08 PM   #1
rexallllsc
Banned

Ok, I'm gonna go get a 360 - Wireless or Core system?

I would prefer wireless, but I've seen some complaints - can someone give me some more info plz? Thx.

rexallllsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 01:16 PM   #2
SackAttack
Head Coach

Premium, all the way.

I love the wireless controller, although a charge & play kit really is a must.

But yeah, the Premium is the better value. Hard drive (which would cost you the $100 difference separately), the wireless controller, and the component/composite combination video cable.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 01:38 PM   #3
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Without a doubt, I would buy the premium system. Like Sackattack said, the Hard Drive alone makes it a good value. Add in the other features and it is a better deal. You can always buy a wired controller if you want (which I've done.)
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 01:40 PM   #4
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Premium. 'nuff said.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 01:42 PM   #5
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
Without a doubt, I would buy the premium system. Like Sackattack said, the Hard Drive alone makes it a good value. Add in the other features and it is a better deal. You can always buy a wired controller if you want (which I've done.)

Charge & play kit also gives you that functionality. I've had no problems with wireless play, but the kit allows me to keep playing even when the battery dies.
Old 04-08-2006, 01:53 PM   #6
astrosfan64
College Prospect

Prem kit. I bought the wireless network adapter also. So everything is completely wireless.
astrosfan64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 03:09 PM   #7
Izulde
Head Coach

Premium. The core system is a ripoff.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 03:40 PM   #8
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde
Premium. The core system is a ripoff.

Unless you are buying it for someone who is unlikely to go broadband in the next few years and is unlikely to go HDTV for a while either, in which case you may as well save the $100.
Old 04-08-2006, 04:43 PM   #9
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack
Unless you are buying it for someone who is unlikely to go broadband in the next few years and is unlikely to go HDTV for a while either, in which case you may as well save the $100.

And while he is at it he can save his games in his head. Memory cards are POS's. And the hard drive alone costs $100.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 06:25 PM   #10
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93
And while he is at it he can save his games in his head. Memory cards are POS's. And the hard drive alone costs $100.

Dubb, why all the negativity targeting the 360? This is like the third time in the last 2 weeks you haven't been willing to see that there are alternative viewpoints out there to yours.

Memory cards aren't that bad if you're not doing a whole bunch of large gaming stuff, downloading Live demos, etc. Seriously, for my brother-in-law's family the Core system was just fine. They'll play games like Madden and do just fine saving games on the memory card. The hard drive would be overkill for them.

For 90% of gamers, the Core system just won't do. It sure didn't for me, and I love my Premium system. But there is a market where the Core system will do just fine, and why not save the $60 or so and buy a Core + memory card if that's all they need? Heck, that's a game right there.
Old 04-08-2006, 06:38 PM   #11
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Actually I wish I had both the hard drive and memory card right now. I have the hard drive (came with the premium), but I've been visiting my brother a lot lately and I wish I could bring my profile and saved games to his house when we play.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 07:29 PM   #12
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
Actually I wish I had both the hard drive and memory card right now. I have the hard drive (came with the premium), but I've been visiting my brother a lot lately and I wish I could bring my profile and saved games to his house when we play.

I want a memory card for the demo kiosk content. One Burnout car ain't enough to do it right now, but extra Oblivion quests? That'd be cool.
Old 04-08-2006, 07:51 PM   #13
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army

My question is, can the transfer kit transfer things from hard drive to hard drive?
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 07:54 PM   #14
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93
My question is, can the transfer kit transfer things from hard drive to hard drive?

Not directly. You can transfer from 360 to PC and then, I'd guess, email the file somewhere and transfer from that PC to the 360.

But it'd cost you the same amount of money and be more of a pain in the ass.
Old 04-09-2006, 02:53 AM   #15
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

I've got a Hard-disk system now - its a cool bit of kit, although I have been amazingly shocked by how quickly the controlled eat batteries (and will be getting a charger kit today).

Its a fairly cool system imho .... my sons enjoying it as much as me, although he's still a tad young to get into FM360 (tis nice to be able to play on a large screen while kicking back on the sofa ).
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote