Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-23-2003, 12:55 PM   #1
Kodos
Resident Alien

PS2 Fall Sports Lineup news

Stolen from the IGN boards:

Ripped the following from ga board:

"From the new EGM.
Details are scare, and obviously this is not a complete list of their lineup and there are probably more stuff added to each game. I guess we'll have to wait till E3 for that. But hey it's better then nothing.

EA Sports:

Madden 2004: New Owner mode, Playmaker Control, added voice chat for ps2 online.

NCAA Football 2004: Online play added for ps2.

NBA Live 2004: Deeper Dynasty mode, a revamp passing game, more online options for ps2.

Fifa 2004: Comprehansive Career mode, online play for ps2.

Tiger Woods 2004: 5 new PGA courses, online play for ps2.

Sega Sports:

NFL 2K4: Additional player animations, new Play-Calling system, Training Camp mode.

NHL 2K4: Improved commentary, "online goodies like download-able roster".

989 Sports:

NFL Gameday 2004: Additional online features such as tournament, buddy list, message board, download-able real-time weather.

NCAA Final Four 2004: Online play, new player models."

===========================================

Not sure I like the headset idea. Seems like it will just make the annoying strangers even more annoying. Could be cool with friends though.

NCAA Football online could be fun. We could have seperately run conferences. I just don't want to get stuck with IU...

Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2003, 01:02 PM   #2
Franklinnoble
Banned

Looks like I'm gonna shell out another hundred clams for EA's football offering this year...
Franklinnoble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2003, 01:12 PM   #3
Kodos
Resident Alien

Me too. As if it was ever in doubt.
Old 04-23-2003, 01:57 PM   #4
Superman=#54
High School Varsity

FIFa is also looking very good this year. I might have to shell out 50 big ones to get that.
Superman=#54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2003, 02:03 PM   #5
ColtCrazy
College Starter

I know, a career mode in FIFA sounds interesting. I just bought FIFA 2003 a week ago after the used copy went down a bunch.

Madden, NCAA 2003 a must buys. *sigh* start saving now I guess...
ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2003, 02:16 PM   #6
Calis
College Starter

If they managed to take the suck out of FIFA, I'd be all over it. I actually bought Fifa 2003 and played it for all of 2 games or so before I got disgusted. Then I happened across this Winning Eleven 6 game, so I was saved.

I'm hoping they turn around the Live series this year, but that's probably wishful thinking. Curious to see what the revamped passing is, I think that could be a very good thing. If they'd just fix the A.I. to where it played a somewhat believable game, it'd be a great series.

I expect the NCAA Football game to be top notch again, and probably the same with Madden, I'm not really worried about those two. They'll both be must buys.
Calis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2003, 02:21 PM   #7
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Thanks Kodos! Sounds promising!!

Todd
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2003, 02:36 PM   #8
Ragone
Pro Rookie

Yes! online play on ncaa football!

haha Tiger woods online.. wonder if it'll have voice

waiting for other guy to start shot

"Jackass!"
Ragone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2003, 08:04 PM   #10
ice4277
Pro Rookie

I wonder what the "owner" mode on Madden is going to be about? That is the part that has me most excited of the above info. Thanks for posting it Kodos!
ice4277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2003, 05:35 AM   #11
Ragone
Pro Rookie

Ooh owner model

Virtual Mike Brown
Yes, you too can run a franchise into the ground with mismanagment and wasted draft picks.. Watch in awe as you go from sellouts to Blackouts.. Marvel in your consistancy.. to have high draft choices.

Ragone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2003, 11:52 AM   #12
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally posted by AgPete
Kodos, any word on the PC version of Madden?

Sorry, no idea. It's a PS2 board that I got this off of.
Old 04-24-2003, 12:31 PM   #13
Kodos
Resident Alien

After seeing the new Falcons' unis, I hope that Madden 2004 includes a uniform editor that allows you to use existing logos. I will have my all-red Falcons uniforms yet!
Old 04-24-2003, 02:33 PM   #14
ice4277
Pro Rookie

Can't you just use one of the throwback unis they always put in the game?
Old 04-24-2003, 03:05 PM   #15
Kodos
Resident Alien

I think you can only use those for home games. Also, I would like to give the Falcons an outdoor stadium (I hate domes). Basically, I would like the ability to edit or create new stadiums, use existing logos in the uniform editor, and set ticket prices (like in FOF). And to be able to do these things during a franchise.

Oh, and when I create an alternate version of the Falcons, Madden and Michaels should still call them the Falcons. Right now, all they say is home and away team.

Last edited by Kodos : 04-24-2003 at 03:06 PM.
Old 04-24-2003, 03:59 PM   #16
Calis
College Starter

Just an fyi for folks, Gamestop is running a draft weekend pre-order sale on Madden on all consoles, I think it's like $8.50 off or so.

No mention of the PC version on there though.

Last edited by Calis : 04-24-2003 at 03:59 PM.
Old 04-24-2003, 04:01 PM   #17
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

NEVER pre order a game, UNLESS you have money coming out of your.... ears.

What if the game stinks? What if Sega's game is better? Sites always get you with this 'preorder crap'.

Todd
Old 04-24-2003, 04:30 PM   #18
Calis
College Starter

Bah, live a little! I like life on the edge! And lets be honest, 99% of people here have made up their mind that they're buying Madden.

I hear ya though, I do however pre-order games occasionally, but only ones that I'm 100% certain I'll be buying on release day anyway.

I however won't be pre-ordering this, just for anyone who is interested.
Old 04-24-2003, 04:59 PM   #19
ice4277
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by Kodos
I think you can only use those for home games. Also, I would like to give the Falcons an outdoor stadium (I hate domes). Basically, I would like the ability to edit or create new stadiums, use existing logos in the uniform editor, and set ticket prices (like in FOF). And to be able to do these things during a franchise.

Oh, and when I create an alternate version of the Falcons, Madden and Michaels should still call them the Falcons. Right now, all they say is home and away team.

I thought they changed the uniform thing so the away team could pick a throwback as well, but I may be mistaken, its been a few months since I played madden. Also, isn't there a uniform editor in Madden, or is it only in NCAA? I know you can create a school in NCAA but don't remember seeing the feature in Madden. If its not there, its kind of odd that they would have it in the college game, seeing as how Madden tends to get the new features first.
Old 04-24-2003, 05:02 PM   #20
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Yes, you can pick your jerseys in away and home on Madden 2003. I assume it'll be the same this year.
ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2003, 10:22 PM   #21
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally posted by Calis
Bah, live a little! I like life on the edge! And lets be honest, 99% of people here have made up their mind that they're buying Madden.

I hear ya though, I do however pre-order games occasionally, but only ones that I'm 100% certain I'll be buying on release day anyway.

I however won't be pre-ordering this, just for anyone who is interested.

Just giving you a hard time, now that I'm 31, married, and have two kids, I can only get 1 sports console game per season. (She don't know about FOF, ootp, and TDCB) Last year was Madden, but I'm always willing to see what Sega has to offer.

I think this will be the year for them... unless this 'owner mode' proves to be a winner for Madden.

Todd