JeeberD
General Manager

Strip club recruited at H.S. job fair

Heh, that's funny...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Exotic Dance Club Recruits at High School

By Associated Press

April 19, 2003, 1:08 PM EDT

MASHPEE, Mass. -- A club known for nude dancers tried recruiting workers at a high school job fair this week before embarrassed school officials asked its representatives to leave.

Junior Bethany Logan said Mashpee High School students were shocked and amused to see a sign for Zachary's Pub briefly displayed at the fair.

"It's a place in town that people are ashamed of, not a place where you want to see anyone from our school work," she told the Cape Cod Times.

Zachary's registered for the job fair under another name, Diamond Real Estate, which is club owner Richard Halpern's other business, according to the Mashpee Chamber of Commerce, the fair's sponsor.

The representatives were looking for bartenders' assistants and landscapers for the real estate business, said Janet Kraskouskas, a school guidance counselor who organized the fair.

Club officials did not immediately return a call seeking comment Saturday and Halpern's number is unlisted. A Zachary's employee told the Times the club wasn't recruiting dancers at the fair.
Copyright © 2003, The Associated Press

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO

JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2003, 03:30 PM   #2
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Actually, having worked with high school kids for 15 years now, I've heard MANY rumors that certain senior girls would strip a few times to get money for Christmas/Spring Break/etc.
Old 04-22-2003, 03:34 PM   #3
JeeberD
General Manager

I don't doubt that there are some high school girls who would strip to make some nice money, I just think it's pretty outrageous that a strip club would advertise at a high school job fair...

Old 04-23-2003, 02:05 AM   #4
Mega
n00b

The problem isn't that a strip club got a booth at a high school job fair. It's not like strip clubs are the most morally upstanding places in the world. The problem is that some school administrator somewhere approved a strip club having a booth at a high school job fair. That's the kind of negligent bureauocracy I like to see in charge of large amounts of children.
Mega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2003, 02:17 AM   #5
JeeberD
General Manager

According to the article, they applied for the booth under the name of a real estate agency, the same agency that owns the strip club. Pretty deceptive, but it sounds like they got kicked out of the fair as soon as the administration realized what was going on...

Old 04-23-2003, 03:24 AM   #6
Airhog
Captain Obvious

well I dont see what the problem is, it doesnt seem like they were actively looking for strippers...

Thread Killer extraordinaire

Yay! its football season once again!
Airhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2003, 07:25 AM   #7
Hi Mom

High school is the best place to get strippers. Get them before the develop self-esteem.
Old 04-23-2003, 07:28 AM   #8
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Hi Mom!
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2003, 08:25 AM   #9
MJ4H
Coordinator

Dude your mom showed up in the stripper thread.
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2003, 08:35 AM   #10
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

Location: hello kitty found my wallet at a big tent revival and returned it with all the cash missing
If strip clubs are legal, and working in one under 18 is legal, then why should the strip club be denied access to a job fair at a high school?
Old 04-23-2003, 08:40 AM   #11
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
Originally posted by Fritz
If strip clubs are legal, and working in one under 18 is legal, then why should the strip club be denied access to a job fair at a high school?
Threre you go again!!! Quit bringing logic into emotional issues Fritz!!!
Old 04-23-2003, 08:43 AM   #12
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

Location: hello kitty found my wallet at a big tent revival and returned it with all the cash missing
Quote:
Originally posted by SkyDog
Threre you go again!!! Quit bringing logic into emotional issues Fritz!!!

This place does crazy things to me. I need to go out and kill a random nun or something to get back to normal.
Old 04-23-2003, 09:40 AM   #13
Cruise-Missile

What is so wrong with high school strippers? SOMEONE has to expose them to the world of stripping!
Old 04-23-2003, 09:46 AM   #14
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Cruise-Missile
What is so wrong with high school strippers? SOMEONE has to expose them to the world of stripping!

And someone has to expose their breasts to strip-club patrons. It's the circle of life.
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2003, 09:49 AM   #15
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
Originally posted by cthomer5000
And someone has to expose their breasts to strip-club patrons. It's the circle of life.

That must have been the part of Lion King I missed when I went to get a refill of popcorn.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2003, 09:52 AM   #16
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

When I was in MS the daughter of a coworker was leaving her senior classes at two and walking to a strip club where she made a ton of money when she let patrons know she had just come from high school.