Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-06-2006, 05:31 PM   #51
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castlerock
Losing the Super Bowl sucks. It sucks worse than not getting there at all.

Totally disagree. With a couple of really really crappy seasons, an amazing season making the NFC Title Game in their 2nd season, a pretty solid but not spectacular year this year in the NFC Title Game, and a few seasons of mediocrity(7-9 after the super bowl, blowing a chance to make the playoffs in the last week, gah!), and one glorious run to the super bowl, as a Panthers fan that Super Bowl run tops everything else, despite the letdown of losing the game.

Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 08:29 PM   #52
SnowMan
High School Varsity

Some in vegas give Seattle 5:1 odds to make it to XLI, up there with the Steelers, Colts, and Pats (see espn.com). They need to get Hutshinson done, get their defensive backs healthy (Hamlin comes back I hope), and find a running back. To me, Alexander isn't the only answer to that, there will be several choices out there. They're a very young team, the defense will only get better, and the offense won't lose much, maybe Joe J (hope not).
SnowMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 04:55 AM   #53
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Maybe there's a difference when your team loses the Super Bowl in the 2nd quarter and when your team loses the Super Bowl in the last few seconds. Panthers fans can look at the Super Bowl and say "We almost won." Raiders fans can look at their last Super Bowl and say "We lost it when Gruden left and we didn't change our gameplan." If you're blown out in the Super Bowl, it hurts a lot more.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 01:05 PM   #54
JasonC23
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgfan
I hear you, but consider that I'm talking about every major professional sports franchise in Seattle, not just one team. Houston had the NBA titles with Hakeem in the mid-'90's when Jordan took his hiatus. The Cubs have the longest streak of futility, but Chicago has the 6 titles by the Bulls and the Bears Super Bowl win in '85.

Um...the World Champion 2005 Chicago White Sox say hi.

(Wait, should I not bring that up in a thread with multiple Astros fans?)

Seriously, though, I know what you're saying. Hang in there, dude...when the White Sox won, it was an incredible feeling. It's actually changed me as a person. Seriously. Now, instead of the ridiculous pro-Cubs slant in Chicago's media pissing me off on a daily basis, I find it funny.
Old 02-07-2006, 01:08 PM   #55
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
I was just thinking, that in 19 years, this thread title will also be applicable to the release in 2027 of "Duke Nukem Forever".

So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 01:09 PM   #56
Bee
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowMan
Some in vegas give Seattle 5:1 odds to make it to XLI, up there with the Steelers, Colts, and Pats (see espn.com). They need to get Hutshinson done, get their defensive backs healthy (Hamlin comes back I hope), and find a running back. To me, Alexander isn't the only answer to that, there will be several choices out there. They're a very young team, the defense will only get better, and the offense won't lose much, maybe Joe J (hope not).

If I were in charge, I'm not sure I'd bring Alexander back for what he's going to be looking for. I'm a big believer that running backs are easy to replace when you have a great offensive line even one as good as Alexander. Hutchinson though is a must sign in my book.
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 01:17 PM   #57
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
Maybe there's a difference when your team loses the Super Bowl in the 2nd quarter and when your team loses the Super Bowl in the last few seconds. Panthers fans can look at the Super Bowl and say "We almost won." Raiders fans can look at their last Super Bowl and say "We lost it when Gruden left and we didn't change our gameplan." If you're blown out in the Super Bowl, it hurts a lot more.

I think that's true as well. When you are blown out, you are subject to calls of 'overrated' and 'you got lucky', even if your team was favored in all your previous playoff games. A team that finishes close cannot be subject to that sort of stuff. Now, people may say who cares what others say, but it definetly has an effect (Hell, look at us Falcons fans when someone says Vick is overrated . Then apply that on a bigger scale of losing by 20 in the SuperBowl).
Old 02-07-2006, 01:45 PM   #58
Cotton
Mascot

The eel-colored uniforms are growing on me.

If they don't consistantly play soft and pass on third and short, they take the silver ball home. When you've got the best halfback, the best fullback, the best left tackle, friggin' punch it in. And go for it on 4th down more, too! What's with the punts on fourth and inches.... or in your opponents territory. Jeez.... So weak.

What's the point of having the LEAGUE MVP and paying millions of dollars for him if you don't HAND HIM THE BALL on third and a few yards? I'll never understand Seattle's weak playcalling in Super Bowl XL. The one run that got a first down was an audibled hand off to Strong and it was an easy five yards. Why is it so scary to run the ball on third down? It's not like the Steelers were stopping Alexander on first and second down. He was ripping off 4, 5, 6 years at a clip... getting you those third and shorts!

Last edited by Cotton : 02-07-2006 at 01:52 PM.
Cotton is offline   Reply With Quote