Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-22-2006, 09:41 PM   #1
Airhog
Captain Obvious

Questions about playing Tag

One of my broken dreams and frustrations is that i haven't ever played a tag game or even covered my eyes and counted. Of course it's so hard in Spain. We had an amateur tag league, sponsored by the TAG Europe to get new talents for the Barcelona Tagons mainly, who played a few years in the PTL EU. The Tagons dissapeard 2 years ago as there were not enought spectators in the stadium for PTL EU requirements, and without that support, the Spanish football league dissapeard.

This year a new amateur league started, even way more amateur than before (the players even need to buy their equipment etc) and i thought about applying to one of the Madrid teams as i live at 40 Miles from Madrid and they needed players. The thing is that at the end i thought too much on it and the league already started. My main worry was that i'm already 30 years old plus the 40 miles 4 days per week to train and play games.

I'm in good shape and strong, i go to the gym 3 days per week and do cross country running another 3 days per week. I'm also 5'11" and weight 222 pounds so i'm a big man for the Spanish average. But again i'm 30 years old, maybe too old to play a non-contact sport without risks. Of course i'm talking about amateur tagging, not even close to your elementry school tag.

The thing is that while i'm considering aplying for a team next season, a new league for the spring/summer is being planned by old football vets,
but this time a flag league to avoid injuries. Some football fans from my city want to create a flag team and compete in that league.

I have read about tag and it's rules, but i haven't ever seen it beign played. I wonder if that is close to hide and seek or is just "the pussy" version as there is no hiding. Is it fun? is a real sport or is it more like playing with with yourself in the car? Is any skill required or is it just for kids and old men? Have any of you played it? if so, what are your experiences?

I would like to play it but only if i see that it's a real sport and we have a real competition, and maybe it could help me to decide if i can apply for real tag next season as some of the guys in this league are also who play in the tag league.

Thread Killer extraordinaire

Yay! its football season once again!

Airhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 09:43 PM   #2
st.cronin
General Manager

nice

I was an amazing tag player back in the day - I was a LEGEND, I tell you.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 09:51 PM   #3
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Should be Questions about playing Black Flag
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote